blackcavy

need opinion about purchasing flight ticket

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

my fiancee and i have finally gotten thru the hard part and she got accepted to come to the usa to marry me.. she recieved her k1 visa recently and we are at the point where she will buy her plane ticket to come marry me this summer :) im sure many others have gone thru this step where they worry bout if its ok to purchase a round trip ticket or a 1 way ticket.. we noticed while searching for a ticket that there was one that had a return trip 3 weeks from the time of arrival in usa and a bit cheaper then if we booked the return flight part later in the yr say september or october . so my question is it ok to book this round trip ticket if she is coming to live here and not return back at all and not use the other part of the flight ticket.. and is that flight itenary of 3 weeks to soon to where it looks suspicious or anything? all opinions/advice is welcomed thank u for reading my post and for helping us :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is fairly common when you buy the round trip ticket that it is cheaper than the one way ticket. Just buy the round trip ticket and get a print out of the price of the one way ticket. If questioned explain the situation and show the price print out.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

People buy round trip all the time because it is cheaper.Buy the cheaper round trip and just cancel the return ticket when she arrives in the USA. Make very sure you cancel the return ticket.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

thank u so much for the quick response guys.. i will tell her to print out a example of the one way ticket price to just show as proof why we purchased round trip instead of one way ..they have to understand these days money aint growing on trees ofc lol we spend alot to get our soul mates with us so if anything they can cut us a darn break for once..alot of money goes into this so saving money helps anywhere we can right:)

any other posts on pro or cons on this topic are appreciated btw

thank u so much for the quick response guys.. i will tell her to print out a example of the one way ticket price to just show as proof why we purchased round trip instead of one way ..they have to understand these days money aint growing on trees ofc lol we spend alot to get our soul mates with us so if anything they can cut us a darn break for once..alot of money goes into this so saving money helps anywhere we can right:)

any other posts on pro or cons on this topic are appreciated btw

I wouldn't even worry about the one-way ticket vs. round-trip. K-1 is technically a non-immigrant visa, and K-1 visa holders are not actually required to stay in the U.S. They can come, get married, and leave if they want to. Or, they can come, get married, adjust status, get advance parole, and then leave and come back if they want to. I wouldn't even try to explain this to the border agent. They won't ask and it's not worth the confusion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.