rachellovesmatt

job letter necessary??

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i have just lost my job:(

the step that my fiance(e) are in is waiting to see when his meeting with the montreal consolate is.

SO, i will most likely not be able to have a letter from work.. BUT, we have a sponsor who is working and makes appropriet pay, blah blah blah.

is this going to be an issue?

(i can get proof that i am a full time student if necessary)

thanks!

<3.

rachel.

Have you already provided him with your financial support documents? If he is waiting for his interview at the embassy, then he should already have those in his possession. If you have someone else that is prepared to sponsor your fiance then follow the guides about getting those papers together.

Generally you need to provide tax returns for the prior two years, so if you just lost your job that would not ordinarily be involved. But, if you are a student, your income might not be sufficient to support your fiance. Review the poverty guidelines and then get working on the documentation and forms for financial support that you might need.

It's all in the guidelines, so relax about the job loss and be more concerned about filing the proper forms in time for your fiance's interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Have you already provided him with your financial support documents? If he is waiting for his interview at the embassy, then he should already have those in his possession. If you have someone else that is prepared to sponsor your fiance then follow the guides about getting those papers together.

Generally you need to provide tax returns for the prior two years, so if you just lost your job that would not ordinarily be involved. But, if you are a student, your income might not be sufficient to support your fiance. Review the poverty guidelines and then get working on the documentation and forms for financial support that you might need.

It's all in the guidelines, so relax about the job loss and be more concerned about filing the proper forms in time for your fiance's interview.

i already have a sponsor for my fiance.

however, i need to enclose my financial stuff (tax returns,bank statements, etc) ... i know that if we did not have a sponsor, that i would need a letter from a current employer stating how much i make, how many hours i work and when i started working there.. sinse i have lost my job, i can not get that. so, my question is, if my fiance HAS a sponsor, do i *need* a letter from an employer? or is tax returns, bank statements and a few recent pay stubs enough?

rachel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
i already have a sponsor for my fiance.

however, i need to enclose my financial stuff (tax returns,bank statements, etc) ... i know that if we did not have a sponsor, that i would need a letter from a current employer stating how much i make, how many hours i work and when i started working there.. sinse i have lost my job, i can not get that. so, my question is, if my fiance HAS a sponsor, do i *need* a letter from an employer? or is tax returns, bank statements and a few recent pay stubs enough?

rachel.

From I-134:

Evidence should consist of copies of any or all of the following documentation listed below that are applicable to your situation (...).
- you don't have a job, so a letter from your employer doesn't apply to you; get whatever other forms of evidence you have to show your financial resources as well as the supporting documents the joint sponsor will submit in connection with the I-134 they'll fill out and sign. Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.