StraightShooter

Duplicate proof of income?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm putting together a package of I-134 and pre-interview related stuff to send off to my fiancee.

Since I have to show proof of my income to support her and her son with an I-134 for each of them, do I need to make a separate copy of my income statements for the K2, or can I just include the originals to be shared by both of them?

Thanks!

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm putting together a package of I-134 and pre-interview related stuff to send off to my fiancee.

Since I have to show proof of my income to support her and her son with an I-134 for each of them, do I need to make a separate copy of my income statements for the K2, or can I just include the originals to be shared by both of them?

Thanks!

No just the one.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks!

I did separate everything. When I got there, they detached everything I attached, flipped through it and handed back everything but the I-134s themselves.

Do separate everything.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

No just the one.

Phil is probably right but since we are just talking an extra 2 minutes at the copy machine I go for over kill

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Phil is probably right but since we are just talking an extra 2 minutes at the copy machine I go for over kill

Yeah, but the copy machine is 10 miles away. :blink::lol:

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Consider checking with your consulate for their specific requirements.

For example, GUZ requires an original, signed I-134 for the beneficiary (K-1), and an original, signed I-134 for the child (K-2), with one set of supporting documents for each affidavit.

YMMV, check with MNL for their requirements.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

For example, GUZ requires an original, signed I-134 for the beneficiary (K-1), and an original, signed I-134 for the child (K-2), with one set of supporting documents for each affidavit.

Hmmm... interesting.

Can the supporting documents include the original proof of income for the K1 and a copy for the K2?

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Yep. Kiev required the same and then detached everything and handed it back to me...their call. We got the visas and recycled all the extra paper! :yes:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yep. Kiev required the same and then detached everything and handed it back to me...their call. We got the visas and recycled all the extra paper! :yes:

Yea, I suspect that GUZ will likely do the same.

Actually, I would like to thank you for your advice when I was researching this aspect of the journey. Each consulate has their own requirements, and you are advised to comply.

Timeline

Hmmm... interesting.

Can the supporting documents include the original proof of income for the K1 and a copy for the K2?

That is how I am preparing these documents, remember the I-134 instructions state that you must "submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate..." :yes: Evidently, that is how GUZ has interpreted the requirements.

Timeline

Okay, I think I have the answer; found at the USEM Manila website. So if I make 2 copies of the supporting proof of income documents, one for each original I-134 and also send the original proof of income document as backup, I should be GTG, yes?

Consular officers may ask to see originals of documents. The applicant may submit a photocopy of a document along with the visa application, but should bring the original document for the officer’s inspection.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for this inquiry as I was about to post the same question. I had planned on submitting original signed I-134 for each K1 and K2. However I remember reading that they only needed 1 set (K1)of I-134 supporting docs. Now you guys got me thinking if I should send duplicate set???

Any recent interviews for K1 and K2 out there that can share how they did the paper works? Thank you in advance!

Timeline

Thanks for this inquiry as I was about to post the same question. I had planned on submitting original signed I-134 for each K1 and K2. However I remember reading that they only needed 1 set (K1)of I-134 supporting docs. Now you guys got me thinking if I should send duplicate set???

Any recent interviews for K1 and K2 out there that can share how they did the paper works? Thank you in advance!

Suggest that you contact the consulate in lieu of information from a recent MNL interviewee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.