C&Q

Crazy ex wife.

41 posts in this topic

I heard that even if we might get sole custody of the kids she still does have visitation rights???!

ofcourse she has the rights as the mother as long as she is not abusive to the kids.

We want to get rid of her. My fiance hates her, I hate her and even the kids hate her (because of what she has done to them). Everytime we drop them off they cry and hold on to us... It breaks our hearts having to let them spend the weekend with her even though they don't want to... When we pick them up on Sunday the kids seem traumatized. They get in the car without sayin anything, just sitting there staring out the window until we're back home. Overall she is just crazy and I think even bipolar. She doesn't pay any child support, she tries to brainwash the kids, always texting my fiance about some stupid stuff, insulting him and me. Our life would be so much better without her...

How do you want to get rid of her? of course you and your fiance hate her iam sure whatever she tries to do even when she changes you will never see anything good from her side becuase you will be blind folded with the hatrage you have for her.She may be whatever she is at the end of the day those are her children .Honestly look at what you have written and how would you feel if someone wrote that about you conerning your own kids ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiance gave her a chance by agreeing on partial custody ... Has she changed? Not at all. I don't care about her or her feelings because of what she has done to my fiance and the kids ... Have u read my posts? If u have, I don't think u would say something like this... What she did was horrible and A MOTHER would never do any harm to her own kids.

Edited by Sophie0129

My fiance gave her a chance by agreeing on partial custody ... Has she changed? Not at all. I don't care about her or her feelings because of what she has done to my fiance and the kids ... Have u read my posts? If u have, I don't think u would say something like this... What she did was horrible and A MOTHER would never do any harm to her own kids.

I will be marrying into a comparable situation, though luckily not as bad. About six months ago, my fiancee and her attorney managed to negotiate to move to supervised visitation with her ex-husband. The children now visit their father once a week for four hours, with a representative from a local non-profit (I think), who keeps an eye on things. He has been better recently, and by preventing the frequent shouting arguments that he used to start when the children were picked up before, it has helped improve the relationship between my fiancee and the ex. It sounds like this won't happen in your situation though.

This is the advice I can think of now:

- Record everything

- Build a good relationship with child protection services

- Get a good family attorney

- Consider only communicating through your and her attorneys

- Aim for supervised visitation. It will depend on your state's laws, but if she has been abusive to the children it should be possible to get it.

- Aim to have the court control where the children will visit her

- Supervision costs money, at least in our experience. Discuss who will pay with your attorney.

- If you can negotiate an agreement through your attorneys, it may be easier. It sounds very unlikely in your case, but then my fiancee was surprised when the ex agreed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I will be marrying into a comparable situation, though luckily not as bad. About six months ago, my fiancee and her attorney managed to negotiate to move to supervised visitation with her ex-husband. The children now visit their father once a week for four hours, with a representative from a local non-profit (I think), who keeps an eye on things. He has been better recently, and by preventing the frequent shouting arguments that he used to start when the children were picked up before, it has helped improve the relationship between my fiancee and the ex. It sounds like this won't happen in your situation though.

This is the advice I can think of now:

- Record everything

- Build a good relationship with child protection services

- Get a good family attorney

- Consider only communicating through your and her attorneys

- Aim for supervised visitation. It will depend on your state's laws, but if she has been abusive to the children it should be possible to get it.

- Aim to have the court control where the children will visit her

- Supervision costs money, at least in our experience. Discuss who will pay with your attorney.

- If you can negotiate an agreement through your attorneys, it may be easier. It sounds very unlikely in your case, but then my fiancee was surprised when the ex agreed.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate ur advice and will talk to my fiance about it.

By the way, she doesn't even have an attorney as she doesn't have the money to get one ...

Edited by Sophie0129

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - some movement! that's always a plus.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.