nickjulie

Post Interview Wait Time, Paris

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Been lurking on the site since my fiancé and I submitted our petition for her K1 Visa, but now that we've received our NOA2 Its opened up new questions..

We read and called the (14euro50) french embassy hotline to learn that even after our interview it could take up to 5 months for her to receive her visa... is this true? Are there any French American couples out there that could possibly shine some light on this ?

Also, if this IS true, do any of you know if she would be able to visit me in the states in the mean time? or due they take her passport for 5 months?

We had another problem with the fact that we lived in Japan for more than a year (and is where we met) so know she is going to have to get a japanese police report which will take up to two months. My advice for anyone waiting on there NOA2 is to start looking into what you will need after, this is something we could have gotten a while ago but will now end up delaying the process.

Thanks for any help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It might be possible but I don't think it's gonna take 5 months to receive her visa and I've honestly never heard anything like that. It usually takes 3-14 days. They take her passport at the interview and send it back to her with the visa in it.

Getting Visa after the interview is usually not a big deal. Most of the time it is delivered within 7-10 days, unless your case get put into AP (Administrative Processing), usually applied to high fraud and middle eastern countries, which France is not (but could happen). If you do get put into AP there is no time on how long it will take. It could take from months to years. But I wouldn't worry, if you are approved you should get your visa pretty quickly.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It doesn't take 5 months after interview to receive the visa in Paris. If you're approved at the interview, the visa is usually sent in the following week. I got mine after 15 days, but the delay was due to Easter holidays.

If you want to speed up the process and not loose time, I advise you to read the Paris Embassy VJ page, you will have a list of documents you will have to send back after receiving packet 3, and the documents you will have to bring at the interview.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.