Golden State

lacking one state ID - interview will be two weeks from now.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear users,

My interview for naturalization will be two weeks from now. I have completed all my documents necessary for the interview, but I just realized I dont have a State ID and just this morning, I received a mail from USCIS that they require me to have state ID for my interview. I dont have enough time to get another one, and I just sent renewal form to the DMV for my state ID. website states it will be 60 days before I can get my plastic card.

My questions:

1. Should I proceed with my interview even though I lack one ID? What other forms or other proofs that IO will require from me? Will he/she take me for an interview or will she/he send me back for a reschedule?

2. Should I reschedule the interview and wait for another time? Is it advisable you think?

3. I already sent my renewal form along with the fee. I still have 2 weeks before my interview. Should I wait and take my chance?

please help. im panicking.

TIA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear users,

My interview for naturalization will be two weeks from now. I have completed all my documents necessary for the interview, but I just realized I dont have a State ID and just this morning, I received a mail from USCIS that they require me to have state ID for my interview. I dont have enough time to get another one, and I just sent renewal form to the DMV for my state ID. website states it will be 60 days before I can get my plastic card.

My questions:

1. Should I proceed with my interview even though I lack one ID? Yes

What other forms or other proofs that IO will require from me? Passport or Green card bring both if you have them

Will he/she take me for an interview or will she/he send me back for a reschedule? Most likely they won't turn you away for not having a state ID when you have two government issued IDs.

2. Should I reschedule the interview and wait for another time? Is it advisable you think? No

3. I already sent my renewal form along with the fee. I still have 2 weeks before my interview. Should I wait and take my chance? Yes go ahead with the interview. You will be OK at the interview.

please help. im panicking.

TIA.

Read this posting on not having your State ID. As long as you have your Passport or Green Card, you will be fine.

Just to be on the safe side also bring some mail in your name, Proof of address etc...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/288988-no-drivers-license-or-state-issued-id/

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You mailed it in - why not just go in to the DMV physically? Are you renewing an existing? Even then you could still have gone in.

So if you have an existing which has expired and you're renewing it just bring along proof you've resubmitted for a new one, cashed check etc...

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

You mailed it in - why not just go in to the DMV physically? Are you renewing an existing? Even then you could still have gone in.

So if you have an existing which has expired and you're renewing it just bring along proof you've resubmitted for a new one, cashed check etc...

+1

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I don't know if the ID is slower than the driver's license for some reason, but my husband and I just finally switched our driver's licenses back to California (we did it for the interview! didn't want a driver's license that didn't have our actual residence on it.... yes we waited too long to change them, but that is a different story) and the card came in 5 days! Hope yours comes as quickly. But as others said, it shouldn't be critical as long as you have the other forms of ID/proof of residence. Good luck!

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

i mailed it in, because we changed address and i cant renew it online. i forgot to mention that my wallet was stolen a couple of months ago. i wasnt able to file for replacement/lost card, as i thought it wont be needed for my interview. when i received the mail from USCIS that they needed the state ID, that's when I panicked.

Timeline

Read this posting on not having your State ID. As long as you have your Passport or Green Card, you will be fine.

Just to be on the safe side also bring some mail in your name, Proof of address etc...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/288988-no-drivers-license-or-state-issued-id/

thank you for this. somehow, your post ease my anxiety a little. will bring those documents with me on my interview date. thanks for the link too!

Timeline

I don't know if the ID is slower than the driver's license for some reason, but my husband and I just finally switched our driver's licenses back to California (we did it for the interview! didn't want a driver's license that didn't have our actual residence on it.... yes we waited too long to change them, but that is a different story) and the card came in 5 days! Hope yours comes as quickly. But as others said, it shouldn't be critical as long as you have the other forms of ID/proof of residence. Good luck!

wow! that was fast! i hope mine arrives within that time frame too! i live near Sacramento, I wonder if i can just pick it myself. i dont think DMV has an expedited service either.

thank you so much. i really hope there wont be any problem during my interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.