Tired of wait

How long for the whole process?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys!!

I noticed that some cases last between 4 - 6 months, what is the difference? is that because they wrote some story that sounds more true or depends on the country?? Is there any secret behind it?? How to get a visa sooner?? is there any tip??

Thank you all, I wish good luck for all of us!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly, it is luck of the draw. Unless you get a RFE for missing documents you should be expecting it with the 5 month mark. I know that isn't what you want to hear but USCIS at this stage doesn't do anything special other than to confirm that the USC is eligible to petition for you. USCIS checks background of the USC for criminal record as well as previous petitions and proof they are free to marry.

As long as your petition is not complicated (previous petitions, still married, recent divorce, previous overstays) then you should expect it within 5 months or less. After 5 months you can submit a service request to USCIS and they generally try to work on any backlog as quickly as possible.

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You mean send some email to ask them to make it quicker??? to where should I send this?

Thank You !!

You would need to call USCIS after 5 months to submit a service request because it would then be outside their processing goal.

You have a long way to go before you can even think about calling them. Submit your petition as soon as possible and then fill in your timeline to get an estimate on when you should get your approval notice.

Edited by OurHappyEnding

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello guys!!

I noticed that some cases last between 4 - 6 months, what is the difference? is that because they wrote some story that sounds more true or depends on the country?? Is there any secret behind it?? How to get a visa sooner?? is there any tip??

Thank you all, I wish good luck for all of us!!

This DOS link can give you some general answers to your general questions. Here is a VJ link with more general information. Here is a similar USCIS site. Many of your inquiries, on this thread and recent others in the last few hours, are often discussed topics in these forums, review recent threads for more information. :wacko:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.