ddnpinky

Medical, Interview and then CFO in one week.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj's,

Is it possible to arrange the Medical, Interview and then CFO in one week. My Finacee will have to travel from Digos City and we would like to do this all in one trip. We are about a month in a half from this process.

Please advise us on the best plan to achieve this in one trip.

01/09/2012 - Sent to TSC

01/10/2012 - Received by TSC, transferred to VSC

01/13/2012 - check cleared bank and email from USCIS

01/17/2012 - NOA from VSC Receipt # notice no case #

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

CFO is specific to the Philippines only, moved to regional.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, its possible..That's what i did before. To get a CfO sticker will take one day only so you must do a medical exam first then schedule interview after. When you received the visa that's the time for you to attend guidance and counseling to have certificate then to cfo office in the afternoon. You cant able to received cfo sticker with out certificate from guidance and counseling because its needed there.

God bless you both!

MJirene

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj's,

Is it possible to arrange the Medical, Interview and then CFO in one week. My Finacee will have to travel from Digos City and we would like to do this all in one trip. We are about a month in a half from this process.

That's what we had hoped to do, but after reading a lot more here on VJ, it looks dicey. While the "typical" time for medical results to reach the embassy are 2-3 days, I've read reports that said it could take up to 2 weeks. Ugh.

As of now, we've changed our plans to have my fiancee just remain in Manila for a month in order to allow sufficient time. Double-ugh. :blink:

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What we are going to do is the medical and interview at once (interview today) and then when the visa arrives we are booking a one way to Cebu to do the CFO and then flying from there through manila to the U.S. Since you need the visa in order to get the stamp

That's what we had hoped to do, but after reading a lot more here on VJ, it looks dicey. While the "typical" time for medical results to reach the embassy are 2-3 days, I've read reports that said it could take up to 2 weeks. Ugh.

As of now, we've changed our plans to have my fiancee just remain in Manila for a month in order to allow sufficient time. Double-ugh. :blink:

We were lucky enough that St. Luke's wasn't busy and she was done in one day...so she got to wait around for a week, but its been busy the other days she told me....glad we planned ahead though....just hope it doesn't take forever to recieve the visa once she is approved

06/23/2010 Met online, became fast friends

09/10/2010 Became Couple

06/06/2011 Flew to Philippines met for first time

06/14/2011 Engaged :)

06/26/2011 Last time I saw my fiance

09/19/2011 Started Petition process

04/09/2012 Fiance visa approved

06/18/2012 Married

I scheduled my medical exam a week or two before the interview and waited for my visa and attended CFO and everything went easy. It's good to have more time so you won't be that stressful.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj's,

Yes those three tasks can be accomplished in one week - however, the actual sticker will be withheld until after your fiancee has the visa in hand. She'll get a certificate after completing the counseling session, which she'll proceed to CFO with the certificate to get the sticker placed in her passport after the visa/passport is delivered to her.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

You can make that happen but there are risks like some posters here have stated.

I took my medical exam on October 13, 2009 and my interview was on October 20. I attended the CFO seminar a few hours after my interview. I picked up my passport with the visa from the embassy on October 27 at 9:35 am (I think people here say that visa pickup is no longer allowed these days), grabbed my CFO sticker, flew on the same day and still arrived in the US on October 27.

Good luck on your intentions!

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Yes those three tasks can be accomplished in one week - however, the actual sticker will be withheld until after your fiancee has the visa in hand. She'll get a certificate after completing the counseling session, which she'll proceed to CFO with the certificate to get the sticker placed in her passport after the visa/passport is delivered to her.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we just completed our process. Monday medical- done by afternoon set aside tuesday if we had to return, Wednesday CFO, Thursday interview. We just need to return to same location which is Manila for sticker after visa delivery and when we leave together for the US. Still waiting 9 days for visa because of weekend and Holy week. Unfortunately couldnt stay to wait for delivery.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.