kmarion1968

DS 230 Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

we are trying to fill out the DS 230 and came across question 33. seems pretty simple but when we try and fill it out it doesnt allow us to enter enrolled or currently studying. so what date should we use if my wife is still in school?

additionally since i am doing two applications, one for my wife and another for my stepson, i should do the same process as i did for the I-130 correct? duplicate evidence for both DS230s correct? any imput would be appreciated. thanks.

Marriage (if applicable):2010-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2011-10-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-10-18

I-130 RFE : N/A

I-130 RFE Sent : N/A

I-130 Approved : 2012-04-02

NVC

04/23/2012 - NVC Received

05/03/2012 - Case# generated

05/04/2012 - DS-3032 (COA) ( Email sent

05/07/2012 - I-864 - AOS Fee $88*2

05/09/2012 - DS-230 - IV Fee $230*2

06/15/2012 - Case Completed

07/06/2012 - Forwarded to the Consulate

Consulate

08/13/2012 - Medical

08/15/2012 - Interview

01/23/2013 - POE

02/19/2013 - 10 yr green card received

we are trying to fill out the DS 230 and came across question 33. seems pretty simple but when we try and fill it out it doesnt allow us to enter enrolled or currently studying. so what date should we use if my wife is still in school?

additionally since i am doing two applications, one for my wife and another for my stepson, i should do the same process as i did for the I-130 correct? duplicate evidence for both DS230s correct? any imput would be appreciated. thanks.

For the DS-230, after you've finished completing it, just print it out and hand-write in "Present" in the second box (the "to" field) for the first line if she's currently enrolled in school.

Not sure about your second question as I'm not familiar with spouse-children cases.

Filed: Timeline

Most of the evidence for DS-230 won't actually be duplicate, but particular for each beneficiary, i.e., copies of each person's passport, police certificates for those that need them (older than 16), birth certificates, etc. If you're talking about the evidence of bona fide marriage and marriage certificate, it probably wouldn't hurt, and this person says the consulate in Mexico wanted duplicate evidence in each person's file when they did DCF: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/200279-ds230-required-documents-for-step-children/.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.