huhtaman

DS230 required documents for step children

3 posts in this topic

Hello All:

I am submitting a DS-230 for my filipina wife with required documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, NBI police certificate, passport copies). I also have to send a DS-230 for our stepchildren age 4 and 8. Do i need any other document besides their birth certificates for the DS-230 ? Will they reference the original marriage certificate in my wife's file ???

Thank you

Hoot

3/09/07 I-130 Mailed

3/13/07 I-130 Received by USCIS

3/21/07 NOA 1 Notice

8/10/07 Touched

8/15/07 Assigned to Adjudicator

04/01/07 I-129F Mailed

04/03/07 I-129f received

04/05/07 I-129f NOA1

05/23/07 I-129f touched

Hello All: Do i need any other document besides their birth certificates for the DS-230 ? Will they reference the original marriage certificate in my wife's file ???

Thank you

Hoot

Hi, not sure how your situation might vary, but I can tell you how our DCF in Mexico was.

For our daughter, besides the 230 and BC,

I sent in a copy of our marriage certificate with each beneficiary's packet - I believe that each child is a seperate file and they probably want it in the file as proof of relationship.

I-864 for you and any joint sponsers for each beneficiary and supporting documents that requires (see 864 instructions), like tax returns, etc

ID; they need to see a copy of the passport bio page or other acceptable photo ID for each beneficiary. Ask them what ID is acceptable if you don't have a passport yet for the kids.

Also you may need to send that signed form with the list of documents to have checked off. I don't know if it's the same for your location

Steve

Hello All:

I am submitting a DS-230 for my filipina wife with required documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, NBI police certificate, passport copies). I also have to send a DS-230 for our stepchildren age 4 and 8. Do i need any other document besides their birth certificates for the DS-230 ? Will they reference the original marriage certificate in my wife's file ???

Thank you

Hoot

For the two kids,,

DS-230 Part 1 completed signed by the beneficiary for the dependant

DS-230 Part 2 completed and UNSIGN

Two (2) Passport Size Photo of dependant (NVC case number, birth date, full name are to be written on back of both

Cover Letter

Cover sheet with barcode

Photocopy of the Biographic Date Page(s) of Dependant's Passports

Certified Birth Certificate of Dependant..

Make sure you write the case number on the top right of all the documents you are sending to NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.