soul_encounter

Interview Jitters

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks all, I am seriously having anxiety attacks these days. Can't eat, can't sleep... I took on a major remodeling project doing a faux finish in my living room (in my spare time after my 9-5 job) just so that my body is exhausted and has no choice but to sleep at nights.

Here is our case history on file

There is 3 1/2 year age difference

I have been married and divorced twice, he has never married

I have 3 kids, he has none

I'm only 33 and we do plan on having a child/children together

We met online 3/11/2005 (he i'med me about a poem in my profile)

We met in person 3/11/06 (Could have been sooner but I was a chicken)

We were formally engaged at a ceremony in Morocco 3/14/06

We talk daily via webcam, mic, emails(have printed record of all beginning 3/11/05)... He calls me through yahoo pc to phone (have printouts of call history from april 06 to now)... We send cards, letters, and packages via postal mail (he has all the ones I sent him, including ones from the children)... He has my cell phone records where I called him. We have pictures of me and his family, me and him during our time there.

He has proof of US address, I already added him to our lease

He has updated letters of intent

We did use an attornety for all the papers

He can answer quickly all questions we have practiced:

Who is the petitioner?

When/how did you first meet your fiance?

When did you meet your fiance in person?

Where does your fiance work?

What does she do there?

How much money does your fiance make?

Date of Hire

How many times was she married and divorced, Dates of divorces, Names of exhusbands, why did she divorce?

How many children does she have, Full names, D/O/B's, ages

Who has custody of your fiance's children?

What is the name of your fiances mother/father/brothers, where do they live

Your fiance's home phone number, cell number, home address

What do you plan to do for work in the US? (he has 3 offers)

Anything else I should prep him on? Thanks again, especially to everyone who has posted interview questions, they have helped enormously. I never would have thought to teach him divorce dates or names of ex husbands if not for you all.

*Met Online 3/11/05

*Met in person 3/11/06

*NOA1 5/1/06

*Imbra RFE received by CSC 7/18/06

*NOA2 8/10/06

*9/28/06 Packet Received

*10/11/06 Interview Success

Timeline

you both sound pretty darn prepared.... can't think of anything else... good luck and stay positive - that helps a lot, I think! And it doesn't hurt to ask anyone you know (who is supportive of your relationship) to say extra prayers for you at this time. I have many Catholic/Christian clients who said rosaries for us and offered us up in their Bible study classes for prayer. I felt very much "in God's hands" with all of that.

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

You have done very well in preparing your case :thumbs:

Now the only thing left is to continue to support and reassure your fiance, as he is even more nervous than you.

Make sure he understands the importance of responding to questions in a calm, courteous, confident manner, even if the questions seem insulting, and even if the CO seems rude.

Make sure he understands what a 221g is, and exactly what it means. It is likely that he will receive this paper after the interview, and it will likely indicate that additional administrative processing (most likely security check) is required before the visa can be issued. The wording can be very scary -- it looks a lot like a denial to the uninitiated -- so make sure to explain it to him.

Best of luck on the Big Day -- insha'allah he will have an easy time at the consulate. Can't wait to hear your report --- we're all cheering for you !!!

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

and don't forget to breathe! You have good advice already posted here. sounds like you will be fine, but I know how this process and the unknown can get to each of us. Hang in there and know we are here. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't have any more advice other than what you've already gotten. Just wanted to say good luck (((hug)))

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You seem pretty well prepared! I'm actually going to use some of what you did as a guideline for our interview!

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Two days away!! You're almost there!

timeline doesn't matter.

you seem both well prepared

I wish you good luck :thumbs:

when is your interview??

Najia

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It sounds like you have a strong case....relax (yeah right!) :lol:

The only other question I can think of that they could possibly ask is if he has relatives in the US. If he does then he will need to be prepared to answer questions on any type on contact you have or haven't had with them.

As WOM stated, I think the only thing would be the possiblity of a 221g. The wording is scary, but if he gets it he needs to read their notes, that is the key. Almost all of the time these are mere security checks, so standard, nothing to fear.

I keep warning my husband that he might get the 221g again on his second interview, simple AP, and I have stressed it is nothing to worry about, but trying to explain that to someone who doesn't have a complete graps of the english language yet is not an easy task.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
you both sound pretty darn prepared.... can't think of anything else... good luck and stay positive - that helps a lot, I think! And it doesn't hurt to ask anyone you know (who is supportive of your relationship) to say extra prayers for you at this time. I have many Catholic/Christian clients who said rosaries for us and offered us up in their Bible study classes for prayer. I felt very much "in God's hands" with all of that.

I am thankful for any prayers regardless of creed, believe me. Wish I knew the name of the visa God/dess myself...hmmmm

You have done very well in preparing your case :thumbs:

Now the only thing left is to continue to support and reassure your fiance, as he is even more nervous than you.

Make sure he understands the importance of responding to questions in a calm, courteous, confident manner, even if the questions seem insulting, and even if the CO seems rude.

Make sure he understands what a 221g is, and exactly what it means. It is likely that he will receive this paper after the interview, and it will likely indicate that additional administrative processing (most likely security check) is required before the visa can be issued. The wording can be very scary -- it looks a lot like a denial to the uninitiated -- so make sure to explain it to him.

Best of luck on the Big Day -- insha'allah he will have an easy time at the consulate. Can't wait to hear your report --- we're all cheering for you !!!

(F)

-MK

You are right, the 221 is scary, I think it was atbir who posted his word for word last week, i'll look it up, copy/paste it to him and hopefully relieve some anxiety. I have told him, that AFTER the interview, don't hesitate to be pushy and outright ask if he got the visa or not so there are no misunderstandings.

and don't forget to breathe! You have good advice already posted here. sounds like you will be fine, but I know how this process and the unknown can get to each of us. Hang in there and know we are here. (F)

Lol... thanks for the reminder, i was getting a little blue, air is good. ;)

It sounds like you have a strong case....relax (yeah right!) :lol:

The only other question I can think of that they could possibly ask is if he has relatives in the US. If he does then he will need to be prepared to answer questions on any type on contact you have or haven't had with them.

As WOM stated, I think the only thing would be the possiblity of a 221g. The wording is scary, but if he gets it he needs to read their notes, that is the key. Almost all of the time these are mere security checks, so standard, nothing to fear.

I keep warning my husband that he might get the 221g again on his second interview, simple AP, and I have stressed it is nothing to worry about, but trying to explain that to someone who doesn't have a complete graps of the english language yet is not an easy task.

sonicliz feel free to use whatever may help, I learned it all here though. The experiences of those interviewing in casa no matter the outcome is priceless to us going through and I can not thank all of you who have shared enough.

Thanks to everyone for the lucky wishes, and hugs, i do feel a bit out of my mind this week.

Morocco4ever, I did think of that too, and any others going through note this, if your fiance has family here it is very important to include the nature of your involvement with them. I have heard of misinterpretations on the consulars part that were devastating for couples. My fiance has 2 half brothers here, one on his moms side, one on his dads, both on student visas in seperate states. I have never spoken to the one, the other I included our first chat (his brother and mine) and my fiance introducing us which took place months after i met my fiance. The chat records do include date and time.

you seem both well prepared

I wish you good luck :thumbs:

when is your interview??

Najia

Wednesday 10/11/06 :wacko:

*Met Online 3/11/05

*Met in person 3/11/06

*NOA1 5/1/06

*Imbra RFE received by CSC 7/18/06

*NOA2 8/10/06

*9/28/06 Packet Received

*10/11/06 Interview Success

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It seems like you both are well prepared. It is ok to be nervous. I was so worried that I took the day off work and sat by the phone and computer waiting and waiting, praying too, of course. You'll both make it and one day this will just be a memory among all the new ones you will make together. Good Luck!

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck to you and just try to relax although I know it's impossible. I can't imagine being here waiting waiting waiting. Good luck you are well prepared!

Sarah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.