Austin_Volgograd

Attention to all with Moscow interview October 25 and later

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I just got off the phone with the Embassy in Moscow. They will NOT accept old versions of the DS-156 form beginning October 25th! :o They are requiring the new, electronically-generated version from the Department of State web site.

See the full announcement here (Embassy web site). Here's an excerpt from the web page:

Attention! Beginning October 25, all non-immigrant visa applicants must submit a completed Electronic Visa Application Form. The Electronic Visa Application Form must be filled out online at http://evisaforms.state.gov. After filling out the form online, applicants will be able to print a copy of their visa application form, which will include their data in a barcode format.

The Electronic Visa Application Form is not available in the Russian language. Answers to the questions on the application must be in English and must use English characters. The applicants are welcome to use the Russian language translation to guide them through the online English Electronic Visa Application Form.

My lawyer did not tell me about this change, and my wife has not received any new information from the Embassy regarding the change. I doubt the Embassy will send anything. My wife is totally upset and confused how the Embassy could change this and not tell the visa applicants. I agree. It's awful. :angry:

Oh, and there's a statement in their web page about the list of documents that says that the DS-156 is required in the Russian language. That is also no longer correct, according to the Embassy reprepresentative, effective with interviews beginning October 25!

What a wonderful beauracracy, eh?!

I hope this information reaches everyone in time to update their forms!

2005-08-10: Met Natalia and fell in love. Too bad she didn't.

2006-01-13: Married. Biggest mistake of my life.

2006-03-07: Began the I-130/I-129F process.

2006-11-01: POE - JFK / Home in Austin!

2006-11-15: She hits me and continues pattern of abuse.

2006-11-16: I filed for divorce.

2006-11-17: Wife is served divorce papers; she and daughter return to Russia.

2007-12-08: She returns to Russia "for the holidays" (lied to lawyers and court).

[many more ups and downs during this time period - mostly downs]

2008-03-26: File for bankruptcy.

2008-07-30: Bankruptcy finalized.

2008-08-27: Divorce final. Started piecing my life back together.

(See my timeline for details.)

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy who married for love, but she didn't! All she wants is money and a green card.

I just got off the phone with the Embassy in Moscow. They will NOT accept old versions of the DS-156 form beginning October 25th! :o They are requiring the new, electronically-generated version from the Department of State web site.

See the full announcement here (Embassy web site). Here's an excerpt from the web page:

Attention! Beginning October 25, all non-immigrant visa applicants must submit a completed Electronic Visa Application Form. The Electronic Visa Application Form must be filled out online at http://evisaforms.state.gov. After filling out the form online, applicants will be able to print a copy of their visa application form, which will include their data in a barcode format.

The Electronic Visa Application Form is not available in the Russian language. Answers to the questions on the application must be in English and must use English characters. The applicants are welcome to use the Russian language translation to guide them through the online English Electronic Visa Application Form.

My lawyer did not tell me about this change, and my wife has not received any new information from the Embassy regarding the change. I doubt the Embassy will send anything. My wife is totally upset and confused how the Embassy could change this and not tell the visa applicants. I agree. It's awful. :angry:

Oh, and there's a statement in their web page about the list of documents that says that the DS-156 is required in the Russian language. That is also no longer correct, according to the Embassy reprepresentative, effective with interviews beginning October 25!

What a wonderful beauracracy, eh?!

I hope this information reaches everyone in time to update their forms!

Where did you get this information?

You better call them and verify that information... you do know that the American consulate in Moscow considers the K1 Visa an immigrant visa, yes?

But if you're right about this, I'm glad you found out when you did... I'm just not sure. Call them and ask them, (assuming they misunderstood that you have a fiancee visa interview).

Also, how long did it take (how many days) for your fiancee to receive her police certificate? Just curious...

Thanks... :thumbs:

OUR 2006 K1 VISA JOURNEY

April 17th - Touch #1 - "NOA-1"

June 1st - Touch #4 - Case Transferred to CSC

July 3rd - Touch #11 - Received the "IMBRA RFE"

September 5th - Touch #19 - "NOA2"

September 29th - NVC Received

October 4th - NVC sent to Moscow

October 10th - Moscow Received Case

November 30th - Interview - APPROVED!!!

December 21st - Received visa from DHL today!

December 22nd - Flew Moscow to New York!

OUR 2007 AOS JOURNEY

January 10th - Applied for Social Security Card

January 20th - Marriage of America and Russia

January 25th - Received Social Security Card

January 26th - AOS & EAD paperwork sent to Chicago

January 29th - FedEx Delivered AOS package to Chicago Lockbox at 10:12am

February 2nd - Touch #1 - "NOA1" for AOS & EAD

February 5th - Touch #2 - AOS & EAD

February 8th - Touch #3 - AOS & EAD

February 22nd - Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Mar 7)

March 11th - Touch #4 - AOS & EAD

May 3rd - INTERVIEW for AOS

May 14th - Green Card Received!!!

*CURRENT STATUS*

Finally enjoying life with my Russian Princess

3dflagsdotcom_russi_2fawl.gifYulia 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gifAlex

RUSSIAN FEDERATION - - - - - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - - - - -

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

The text states

"will require that all applications for non-immigrant visas be prepared using the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF). This requirement also applies to applicants for fiancй(e) visas.

"

Get it here

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/embassy/releas...p?record_id=103

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

The text states

"will require that all applications for non-immigrant visas be prepared using the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF). This requirement also applies to applicants for fiancй(e) visas.

"

Get it here

Good call John, I was extremely hurried when I read that post this morning and commented to quickly. Sorry about my misunderstanding on the matter.

And Austin, nice job on catching that, seems Moscow is not exactly consistent on what they're doing. Looks like we simply need to fill that stuff out and print out the forms, actually seems like a better of way of doing things, for future applicants.

And a question for John,

Could you tell me about your fiancee's Police Certificate? How long did it take them to make if for her? My finacee also lives in St. Petersburg... So it would really help to know how long that takes, and perhaps which place to contact, if you could ask your finacee?

This one is a big unknown for Julia and I, since I don't live there and she just doesn't know much when it comes to stuff like this.

Thanks in advance John...

:thumbs::) -Alex

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS JOHN, that must feel great to have her approved. You must be a really happy guy right now, I know I would be. This process really sucks timewise.

Edited by Medical Moose

OUR 2006 K1 VISA JOURNEY

April 17th - Touch #1 - "NOA-1"

June 1st - Touch #4 - Case Transferred to CSC

July 3rd - Touch #11 - Received the "IMBRA RFE"

September 5th - Touch #19 - "NOA2"

September 29th - NVC Received

October 4th - NVC sent to Moscow

October 10th - Moscow Received Case

November 30th - Interview - APPROVED!!!

December 21st - Received visa from DHL today!

December 22nd - Flew Moscow to New York!

OUR 2007 AOS JOURNEY

January 10th - Applied for Social Security Card

January 20th - Marriage of America and Russia

January 25th - Received Social Security Card

January 26th - AOS & EAD paperwork sent to Chicago

January 29th - FedEx Delivered AOS package to Chicago Lockbox at 10:12am

February 2nd - Touch #1 - "NOA1" for AOS & EAD

February 5th - Touch #2 - AOS & EAD

February 8th - Touch #3 - AOS & EAD

February 22nd - Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Mar 7)

March 11th - Touch #4 - AOS & EAD

May 3rd - INTERVIEW for AOS

May 14th - Green Card Received!!!

*CURRENT STATUS*

Finally enjoying life with my Russian Princess

3dflagsdotcom_russi_2fawl.gifYulia 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gifAlex

RUSSIAN FEDERATION - - - - - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - - - - -

Good information :thumbs: On a quick search of the DOS site in the forms section it appears that the DS-156 is now only available in evisa format, unlike other forms that are still available for download. So I would say this is going to apply across the board for all embassies/consulates. Just a matter of when each embassy/consulate implements the requirement. I would say, members should check with their consulate prior to submitting the DS-156.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
Good information :thumbs: On a quick search of the DOS site in the forms section it appears that the DS-156 is now only available in evisa format, unlike other forms that are still available for download. So I would say this is going to apply across the board for all embassies/consulates. Just a matter of when each embassy/consulate implements the requirement. I would say, members should check with their consulate prior to submitting the DS-156.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

Yes. I saw a post on another forum and thread that Manilla is starting on November 1, 2006.
Good call John, I was extremely hurried when I read that post this morning and commented to quickly. Sorry about my misunderstanding on the matter.

And Austin, nice job on catching that, seems Moscow is not exactly consistent on what they're doing. Looks like we simply need to fill that stuff out and print out the forms, actually seems like a better of way of doing things, for future applicants.

Thanks. I did call the Embassy in Moscow (a little after midnight today). That's where I verified the information before I posted. I wanted to be sure before I posted so that I didn't scare anyone needlessly. :) I think we have enough stress about all this stuff already! :wacko::blink::dead::bonk:

I don't know the purpose of the barcode exactly. I did some playing around, and the barcode changed when I made a change to my wife's occupation. It may be some kind of mathematical checksum for data entry, but I don't have proof of that. It's just a guess.

2007-12-08: She returns to Russia "for the holidays" (lied to lawyers and court).

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy who married for love, but she didn't! All she wants is money and a green card.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

The text states

"

Get it here

And a question for John,

Could you tell me about your fiancee's Police Certificate? How long did it take them to make if for her? My finacee also lives in St. Petersburg... So it would really help to know how long that takes, and perhaps which place to contact, if you could ask your finacee?

This one is a big unknown for Julia and I, since I don't live there and she just doesn't know much when it comes to stuff like this.

Thanks in advance John...

:thumbs::) -Alex

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS JOHN, that must feel great to have her approved. You must be a really happy guy right now, I know I would be. This process really sucks timewise.

Thanks Alex

Anna is an Attorney. So she probably knew right where to got. It took a couple of weeks.

I sent an email to you with Anna's phone numbers. I you want a can send you a PDF of the doc.

Don't forget to read my timeline notes (I will add some info on Police cert to it)

Good luck to you too!!

I'ts just time now!

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Just wanted to confirm this.

My fiancee received a call from the embassy today (Oct 13) in which they told her to make sure and use the new form, not the old Russian version they sent with the packet. We already had prepared the new form, but I am glad the embassy is also notifying people.

09-Mar-06: Visit Tatiana in Omsk

13-Mar-06: Propose to Tatiana, she says yes! :)

11-Apr-06: Send I129F

18-Apr-06: NOA1

01-Jun-06: Transferred from Nebraska to California

15-Jun-06: Visit Tatiana and Celebration in Omsk

03-Jul-06: Receive IMBRA RFE

05-Jul-06: Return IMBRA RFE

11-Jul-06: RFE accepted email

31-Jul-06: APPROVED NOA2!!!

07-Aug-06: Touched (Send to NVC touch?)

10-Aug-06: NVC received

16-Aug-06: NVC letter sent

21-Aug-06: NVC sent to Moscow

23-Aug-06: DHL delivers to embassy

12-Sep-06: Rcvd Packet from embassy

25-Oct-06: Interview at embassy - VISA APPROVED!!!

03-Nov-06: Reunited again in Detroit!

25-Nov-06: Married =)

04-Dec-06: Filed AOS

07-Dec-06: NOA1

26-Dec-06: Biometrics

19-Dec-06: RFE requested

26-Dec-06: Received RFE

27-Dec-06: Sent back RFE

03-Jan-07: Email of RFE acceptance

06-Mar-07: Interview - 'Green cards should arrive 1 to 2 weeks in mail' =)

09-Mar-07: Received welcome emails

10-Mar-07: Received K2 welcome letter

12-Mar-07: Received K1 welcome letter

15-Mar-07: Greencards arrive!

Timeline
Just wanted to confirm this.

My fiancee received a call from the embassy today (Oct 13) in which they told her to make sure and use the new form, not the old Russian version they sent with the packet. We already had prepared the new form, but I am glad the embassy is also notifying people.

Thanks for the update! I imagine my wife will get a phone call in the next day or two.

I've already got the new form ready for her. I just got my passport back with my tourist visa to Russia. I'm leaving on the 18th to be with her, :dance: and bring her back after the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.