ChetT

Should I wait ?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

The status of the IV fee shows "PAID". I have all civil documents except police certificate.

- Should I send to NVC now ? Expect RFE from NVC, then give police certificate later on ( June 04).

- or should I wait until I have all civil documents?

Which one is faster and less trouble ?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The status of the IV fee shows "PAID". I have all civil documents except police certificate.

- Should I send to NVC now ? Expect RFE from NVC, then give police certificate later on ( June 04).

How is getting an RFE faster? It means delays.

The case will not be forwarded to the US Embassy until ALL THE PAPERWORK IS COMPLETE. If your case is incomplete, the NVC will have to physically store your file, send out an RFE, wait for your response, and match up your RFE with the documents sent earlier so they can have a complete set of paperwork to send to the US Embassy.

Wait to send a complete set of documents.

Timeline

How is getting an RFE faster? It means delays.

The case will not be forwarded to the US Embassy until ALL THE PAPERWORK IS COMPLETE. If your case is incomplete, the NVC will have to physically store your file, send out an RFE, wait for your response, and match up your RFE with the documents sent earlier so they can have a complete set of paperwork to send to the US Embassy.

Wait to send a complete set of documents.

You just cleared my doubt. Thank you sir.

You can include a paragraph on the cover letter requesting to bring the PCC to the interview, instead of them issuing a checklist. This has worked in two recent cases (Laure&Colin and dimples). They both requested in the IV package to bring the missing documents to the interview instead and NVC granted their request. It's worth a shot!

Timeline

You can include a paragraph on the cover letter requesting to bring the PCC to the interview, instead of them issuing a checklist. This has worked in two recent cases (Laure&Colin and dimples). They both requested in the IV package to bring the missing documents to the interview instead and NVC granted their request. It's worth a shot!

Wow...Saylin you really know the option. Thanks a bunch :thumbs:

Wow...Saylin you really know the option. Thanks a bunch :thumbs:

You're welcome! I hope it works out for you, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Send PCC. They will hold your file up and everything will be pushed back. Make sure everything has a certified stamp. Make it less of a headache for when interview time is up in Cambodia. They will send you an email with a checklist of what they have and what they need (if they need anything else). Your job is to try and send them as much as you can so you don't have to bring much later. I had an issue with my wife's original birth certificate. I sent a certified copy and that wasn't accepted. Pushed back her interview a month. Good Luck.

Sam,

Timeline

Send PCC. They will hold your file up and everything will be pushed back. Make sure everything has a certified stamp. Make it less of a headache for when interview time is up in Cambodia. They will send you an email with a checklist of what they have and what they need (if they need anything else). Your job is to try and send them as much as you can so you don't have to bring much later. I had an issue with my wife's original birth certificate. I sent a certified copy and that wasn't accepted. Pushed back her interview a month. Good Luck.

Sam,

Oh ####. She does not even have birth certificate. She just requested to have her local authority made one. She only has certified copy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We did ours via EP and when we sent in scanned copies of my BC and marriage cert. for the 230 we received a confirmation of them receiving the stuff withing 24hrs and then about 5 days later got an email saying that they needed my BC and MC (which they already had but could obviously not read, as they were pretty crappy copies). Went to a copy center and got a much better digital copy put on a flash drive and brought them home and resent them. Got a response about a week later, that all was OK. (Except that my petitioner had not sent the I-864) We were holding off on doing that until we got a certified real estate appraisal because we are using assets. Sent all the I-864 stuff a couple of days ago and got confirm email....So just waiting to see if any RFE's or if we get a case complete...Crossing our fingers for a May/early June interview. House is going up for sale May 1st so hopefully a quick sale and 30 60 day close (or less).

Timeline

Oh ####. She does not even have birth certificate. She just requested to have her local authority made one. She only has certified copy.

You're going to need to call NVC to make sure. I had the extract of birth certificate I sent first. Then they needed the original which looked exactly the same except the paper is more thin. Call her and see what kind of paperwork she has. Email me when you get the copy and I'll send you a picture of my wife's so we can compare. Sammeach@gmail.com

Should call NVC first to clarify and tell them the situation and don't forget to send the police certificate. You will only need to send one. They won't ask for a new one at the interview. No extra fee's or anything. Just go in with the evidence. That's what you want to do.

Edited by SupastarsaM

Timeline

You're going to need to call NVC to make sure. I had the extract of birth certificate I sent first. Then they needed the original which looked exactly the same except the paper is more thin. Call her and see what kind of paperwork she has. Email me when you get the copy and I'll send you a picture of my wife's so we can compare. Sammeach@gmail.com

Should call NVC first to clarify and tell them the situation and don't forget to send the police certificate. You will only need to send one. They won't ask for a new one at the interview. No extra fee's or anything. Just go in with the evidence. That's what you want to do.

Thank you. I'll get back to your email as soon as I receive papers from my wife. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.