BethandBilly

Fairfax, VA

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey, does anyone know the processing times for Fairfax, VA, I've been hearing its 9 months for Naturalization, is this true?

Nine months and counting here, but then again we are doing a name change, which requires coordination with a federal district court. We could have been done a couple of months ago if not for that.

Marriage: 09-22-2007

Conditional Residence

I-130 Sent: 10-10-2007

I-130 Approved: 06-03-2008 (236 days from VSC receipt to approval)

Case Complete at NVC: 07-30-2008 (52 days from NVC receipt to approval)

Consulate Interview date: 09-24-2008

POE Miami: 10-04-2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Sent: 07-08-2010

NOA1 Date: 07-12-2010

Biometrics Appt.: 09-01-2010 (Early Bio 08-13-2010)

Approved: 11-03-2010 (114 days from VSC receipt to approval)

GC Rec'd: 11-06-2010

Citizenship

N-400 Sent: 07-08-2011

Confirmation Text Message: 07-14-2011

NOA Priority Date: 07-12-2011

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: 08-01-2011

Biometrics Appt.: 08-19-2011 (Early Bio 08-12-2011)

"Placed in Line" Email and Touched: 08-16-2011

"Interview Scheduled" Email and Touched: 12-23-2011

Rec'd Interview Letter: 12-27-2011

Interview Passed: 01-30-2012

Email from Senator's Office Stating Application Was Approved: 06-18-2012

"Oath Scheduling Que" Email and Touched: 07-03-2012

Given Oath Date at InfoPass Appt. and Touched: 08-28-2012

Rec'd Oath Date Letter in Mail: 09-01-2012

Oath Date: 09-27-2012

Nine months and counting here, but then again we are doing a name change, which requires coordination with a federal district court. We could have been done a couple of months ago if not for that.

Really, it has taken this long, omg this is supposed to be one of the best offices for Expedited Naturalization, at this rate I won't be done until next year and by then I could have filed for Naturalization anyways, what a pain the backside that is!! Oh well, I guess I am just going to have to wait.

Thanks for responding so quickly and good luck, I hope you get done soon :thumbs:

Mine was less than 5 months.

March 18 2007 - POE: Dulles Airport

April 14 - Wedding Day

April 18 - Honeymoon: 10 days at St. Thomas & St. John, US Virgin Islands

May 16 - AOS, EAD & AP package sent to Chicago

May 18 - Chicago received package

May 25 - AOS, EAD & AP touched

May 26 - NOA received, letter dated May 22 2007

June 04 - Biometrics appointment letter received, letter dated May 24 2007

June 16 - Biometrics appointment

June 19 - AOS & EAD touched

June 21 - AOS Transferred to California

June 28 - AOS pending

July 24 - AOS is still pending

July 25 - From: CRIS, Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

July 27 - Welcome Notice in Mail

July 31 - EAD & AP touched

Aug 01 - AOS Card Production Ordered (e-mail sent twice)

Aug 03 - Approval Notice sent - AOS

Aug 06 2007 - Received my Green Card

May 4 2009 - I-751 ROC package sent to Vermont

May 5 2009 - I-751 ROC package received

May 12 2009 - Check cashed

May 15 2009 - Received I-797C, NOA

June 12 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 23 2009 - Green Card expires

September 28 2019 - New Green Card expires

Oct 28 2011 - N-400 & G-1145 Applications sent

Oct 29 2011 - N-400 & G-1145 Applications received

Nov 2 2011 - Got Text & Email that USCIS received application

Nov 5 2011 - Received NOA. Notice Date: 11.1.11

Nov 28 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb 15 2012 - Interview letter received

Mar 21 2012 - Interview - PASSED

Mar 26 2012 - Oath Ceremony & applied for my passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine was 5 months bang on between last Feb and July - applying to the Oath day, I wouldn't worry too much. Everyone's case is different so comparing to others unless they're identical to you is somewhat of a waste I found. My case was very straight forward, no name changes, nothing suspicious or any complicated answers to the questions on the application. AOS and ROC had also gone smoothly for me. I had my ducks in a row for interview day and everything went well (although I couldn't remember my own darn cell# !)

The biggest irritation for me was the waiting between biometrics and being scheduled for the interview - but hey, just continue life and try to be patient since there is nothing they're going to do to move things along any faster.

On the expedited naturalization note - considering our area(heavy military, gov etc..), there are probably many more expedited forms coming through too I would think.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Mine was 5 months bang on between last Feb and July - applying to the Oath day, I wouldn't worry too much. Everyone's case is different so comparing to others unless they're identical to you is somewhat of a waste I found. My case was very straight forward, no name changes, nothing suspicious or any complicated answers to the questions on the application. AOS and ROC had also gone smoothly for me. I had my ducks in a row for interview day and everything went well (although I couldn't remember my own darn cell# !)

The biggest irritation for me was the waiting between biometrics and being scheduled for the interview - but hey, just continue life and try to be patient since there is nothing they're going to do to move things along any faster.

On the expedited naturalization note - considering our area(heavy military, gov etc..), there are probably many more expedited forms coming through too I would think.

Yeah we're doing expedited thats why we went through Fairfax. The AOS was smooth, didn't need to do the ROC as we got a 10 year card straight off as we'd already been married over 2 years. We didn't even know we could expedite until recently so we got the travel card thing and we've been out of the country almost a year now. Wish we had known about the expedite sooner, we could have saved ourselves some money, oh well. Here's hoping it's a quick process, they already have fingerprints and the FBI has done a recent check on us due to jobs etc, so I am hoping it all goes quickly.

Thanks everyone for the responses, much appreciated :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

mine was little over 3 months.i filed on november 12th and bacame US citizen on febr 28th.we filed with Nebraska and i am military wife

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.