highlander08

RUB - FSU children compared to USC children & others

239 posts in this topic

I see you've met my wife.

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She wants me to visit in may !

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

She wants me to visit in may !

That's the beginning of mini skirt season over there. That's a tough time to visit just one gal. It's like a wolf in a herd of caribou. I mean you see one caribou and it looks like a tasty dinner, but then you turn your head and you see a few more that look like they just might be a bit tastier.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's the beginning of mini skirt season over there. That's a tough time to visit just one gal. It's like a wolf in a herd of caribou. I mean you see one caribou and it looks like a tasty dinner, but then you turn your head and you see a few more that look like they just might be a bit tastier.

:lol: so true.

I would suggest you correspond with more than one girl, meet more than one girl when you visit, DO NOT get married, and go from there when you get back. Make sure you get a couple photos with each one of them.

Trying to picture caribou in heels. Have to stop!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

:lol: so true.

I would suggest you correspond with more than one girl, meet more than one girl when you visit, DO NOT get married, and go from there when you get back. Make sure you get a couple photos with each one of them.

Trying to picture caribou in heels. Have to stop!

And I would heartily disagree with planning to meet more than one when you visit. Turn it around and let's say the lady is going to your country to visit but must leave after a few days because she has to meet with other men during her trip. How would you feel? Yes, I'd feel not very important.

Having a backup plan is OK, but having more than one plan in action, to me, is not being serious. Yes don't get married to anyone you haven't met and later corresponded with more.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

And I would heartily disagree with planning to meet more than one when you visit. Turn it around and let's say the lady is going to your country to visit but must leave after a few days because she has to meet with other men during her trip. How would you feel? Yes, I'd feel not very important.

Having a backup plan is OK, but having more than one plan in action, to me, is not being serious. Yes don't get married to anyone you haven't met and later corresponded with more.

If I was going to do it. I'd tell her I only had two weeks before I had to leave...then I'd go to airport, but instead of flying back to the states, I would make straight for Odessa and do everything on two legs wearing a skirt that I could get my hands on.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

:reading: I agree with you 100 %. :innocent:

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Timeline
:dance: Thanks for all the great advice everyone,, The internet shows an airport in Nikolaev / nlv But none of my searches for airlines come up with that. Any advice from someone whos been there,done that.? :dance:

post-129305-0-88876000-1334461917_thumb.jpg

*The Family Rules*

Timeline

Simply a suggestion. It is not like he can just pop over to Ukraine anytime he wants (maybe he can) Nor do I know if he is even talking to any other women. I think many men commit TOO much before even meeting a woman, but I am not the expert on such things or the etiquette involved in this sort of meeting.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

:dance: Thanks for all the great advice everyone,, The internet shows an airport in Nikolaev / nlv But none of my searches for airlines come up with that. Any advice from someone whos been there,done that.? :dance:

It is always cheapest to fly to Kiev. Going beyond there involves more stops and costs and the costs often multiply out of proportion. The last few times we have bitten the bullet and just bought tickets to Donetsk, but we used to fly to Kiev and then take the train to Donetsk. Odessa is closer to Nikolaev but also adds cost. If you are going to take the train, do so from Kiev, not Odessa. Consider buying HER a train ticket to Kiev. For the cost of the flight to Odessa or Nikolaev you can rent an apartment for a few days and I bet she would not mind a few days in Kiev.

Just go to orbitz and put in JFK-Nikolaev and see what comes up. (or whatever airport you use)

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Simply a suggestion. It is not like he can just pop over to Ukraine anytime he wants (maybe he can) Nor do I know if he is even talking to any other women. I think many men commit TOO much before even meeting a woman, but I am not the expert on such things or the etiquette involved in this sort of meeting.

:thumbs:

Try a variety of flavors over there before you commit to just one. Neapolitan is a great choice...three at once.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I would have to agree with you. My first visit to FSU I met a nice woman but it was apparent from the first day we were not well suited for each other. I knew I would be going back and decided to meet multiple girls to increase my chances of finding 'the one'. Bad idea! I found several I was interested in as the time for my return visit neared. Before I left I had narrowed it down to only 2, one in Poltava, the other in Kazan. And it was really only the one in Kazan I wanted to see. But my russian visa was not valid till the 2nd week. That first week in Poltava was awkward and quite unfair to the very lovely woman there. I would have been interested in going back there if I didn't already want so much to meet my real interest in Kazan. The chemistry in Kazan when I got there confirmed my feelings prior to beginning the trip. I was embarrassed and felt very bad for having raised hopes for Ksusha in Poltava and I would never again do such a thing!

Timeline

I would have to agree with you. My first visit to FSU I met a nice woman but it was apparent from the first day we were not well suited for each other. I knew I would be going back and decided to meet multiple girls to increase my chances of finding 'the one'. Bad idea! I found several I was interested in as the time for my return visit neared. Before I left I had narrowed it down to only 2, one in Poltava, the other in Kazan. And it was really only the one in Kazan I wanted to see. But my russian visa was not valid till the 2nd week. That first week in Poltava was awkward and quite unfair to the very lovely woman there. I would have been interested in going back there if I didn't already want so much to meet my real interest in Kazan. The chemistry in Kazan when I got there confirmed my feelings prior to beginning the trip. I was embarrassed and felt very bad for having raised hopes for Ksusha in Poltava and I would never again do such a thing!

I will concede to the experts in this matter. It is more difficult to visit for short times to make a decision I suppose.

But one question James, did you feel you needed to narrrow it down before your trip ended? See, my thought was to meet and sepnd time with several, spend more time with the ones interested you and then make a decision later. Maybe I am off base. Or maybe that is what you did and it did not work so well.

Gary And Alla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIcJG8xGTF0

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I will concede to the experts in this matter. It is more difficult to visit for short times to make a decision I suppose.

But one question James, did you feel you needed to narrrow it down before your trip ended? See, my thought was to meet and sepnd time with several, spend more time with the ones interested you and then make a decision later. Maybe I am off base. Or maybe that is what you did and it did not work so well.

Yeah, it sounds great in theory. My problem is not being able to maintain that bit of aloofness necessary to 'play the field'! I couldn't do it when I was in high school and college and I can't do it now. I am sure that for some it might work but then you also need to consider the feelings of your 'dates'. Would your Alla have tolerated such an arrangement? I suspect that most women worth marrying have too much pride or self-respect to put up with that. All I know is that I felt like a heel doing it and would not try to set up something like that again. One possible way to meet multiple women might be one of those tours where you can correspond with and pre-select dates prior to the trip. That might also be a problem for some. Anybody on here try that route?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.