nouri12

administrative processing in chennai

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

[size=7]I submitted my Fiance petion back in Jan 2006. Since then my Fiance had his interview in May, and was asked to send his passport end of july. He now has a security clearance in washington as per DOS.

I am very anxious. Is this a normal process. Both of us have no crimnial records or past history problems with immig. How much longer will I need to wait. Is there any signs that my case can be rejected?[/size]

Edited by nouri12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am having trouble understanding your post, but then I'm not as far into the process as you seem to be. It would be helpful if you filled in your timeline.

You seem to be saying there was some delay after you got near the end of the process and futher background checks needed to be done, but now he has been cleared.

If this is the correct understanding, then I would think your fiance will be receiving a visa soon.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
[size=7]I submitted my Fiance petion back in Jan 2006. Since then my Fiance had his interview in May, and was asked to send his passport end of july. He now has a security clearance in washington as per DOS.

I am very anxious. Is this a normal process. Both of us have no crimnial records or past history problems with immig. How much longer will I need to wait. Is there any signs that my case can be rejected?[/size]

If he had his interview and didn't get approve... they might want to do another back ground check or ask for more evidences. As far as I know, you can't do anything but wait.

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your case is in AP and there is nothing you can do but wait for the name and or security clearances to clear. It does take some time and once they are satisfied and all clearances are cleared they will contact your fiance or send his passport with visa back to him. All men coming from what are considered T-countries have to endure longer security checks. Keep calling DOS every week for an update if you like and our AP was a total of almost 5 months and then my husband had his visa issued. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.