Sveta & Ron

visa fee kyiv

13 posts in this topic

in may i am making another visit to sveta and i will leave with her a prepaid visa card easier and cheaper then wiring money question is when she goes to kyiv for interview can she pay with the visa card ? and yes her name is on the card writen in english letters

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

in may i am making another visit to sveta and i will leave with her a prepaid visa card easier and cheaper then wiring money question is when she goes to kyiv for interview can she pay with the visa card ? and yes her name is on the card writen in english letters

You may want to post it in Ukrainian forum to get a definite answer about Kiev, but I'm pretty sure all embasies accept cash only.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

all fees at embassy is paid in cash! no cc no tc only good ole dead presidents. besides the prepaid visas has huge built in fees reload fees ... moneygram works super and only 10 us for 200 to send. be careful on the per paid visas i was looking to it for my mother in law and wow... cost more than moneygram and they still may have fees at bank to get money of card

good luck

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Actually Kyiv does accept CC, however they had issue with that when my fiancee (now wife) being interviewed. Also as some members pointed out the huge fees with prepaid Visas. I would recommend just give her cash, especially if you are going to Ukraine, there is no wire fee or anything. Also MoneyGram is working great in Ukraine, and the fees are not that high either.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

This quote is from the Embassy's website (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/164171/pdf/k-instructions.pdf)"The total fee for EACH K VISA APPLICANT (including children) is $350. The fee for K visa can be paid in full at the Consular Section, in U.S. Dollars. In case a part of the fee is paid at ProCredit Bank ($131 or $140), the corresponding difference must be paid in dollars at the Consular Section." You should read this document in its entirety and it answers a lot of questions. Also the four pages on the site pertaining to fiancee visas (http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee-step1.html)

Also on the site (http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/iv-medical.html) "The fee for a medical exam is not more than $125 per person, excluding the vaccination fee for adults and children. The clinic accepts payments for medical exam and vaccination fees in Ukrainian Hryvnya only." A pice of advice --have all the vaccinations done there, it will save money and time in the AOS process,

It really helped to read everything on the website, it tells you pretty much all you need to know when it comes to specifics of how things are done there :) :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When we went (2008) it was CASH ONLY, Ukrainian currency equivilent to the US currency for the fee. I think it was something like $135 at the time (dammit I do not even remember!) and we had to pay it at a branch of a bank and bring the receipt to the interview. The fee could be paid at anytime after you had the KEV number.

I do recall that we went to the wondow together, I had the money and handed it through the window. The teller gave it back to Alla, gave me the ol' stinky eye, and said "SHE has to pay" :lol:

Yeah, cash only. I used Moneygram to send cash, $10 fee for up to $500 as I recall.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This quote is from the Embassy's website (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/164171/pdf/k-instructions.pdf)"The total fee for EACH K VISA APPLICANT (including children) is $350. The fee for K visa can be paid in full at the Consular Section, in U.S. Dollars. In case a part of the fee is paid at ProCredit Bank ($131 or $140), the corresponding difference must be paid in dollars at the Consular Section." You should read this document in its entirety and it answers a lot of questions. Also the four pages on the site pertaining to fiancee visas (http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee-step1.html)

Also on the site (http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/iv-medical.html) "The fee for a medical exam is not more than $125 per person, excluding the vaccination fee for adults and children. The clinic accepts payments for medical exam and vaccination fees in Ukrainian Hryvnya only." A pice of advice --have all the vaccinations done there, it will save money and time in the AOS process,

It really helped to read everything on the website, it tells you pretty much all you need to know when it comes to specifics of how things are done there :) :)

Thats it! $131, and we paid it at the Pro Credit bank near the consulate. That branch opens at 7am just to accomodate people going for visa applications. The medical fee was $100 for Alla and $85 for the boys. We paid that in cash, Ukrainian currency.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

When we went (2008) it was CASH ONLY, Ukrainian currency equivilent to the US currency for the fee. I think it was something like $135 at the time (dammit I do not even remember!) and we had to pay it at a branch of a bank and bring the receipt to the interview. The fee could be paid at anytime after you had the KEV number.

I do recall that we went to the wondow together, I had the money and handed it through the window. The teller gave it back to Alla, gave me the ol' stinky eye, and said "SHE has to pay" :lol:

Yeah, cash only. I used Moneygram to send cash, $10 fee for up to $500 as I recall.

Gary,

As you said it was in 2008 :). They do accept CC now, when my wife went thru interview, she waited about an hour to pay the visa fee ($350) as some person CC was not working.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

i use western union 3 day service, it is about 12 bucks, and cash is accepted everywhere

i sent money ahead of time as i feared losing it and read that in Chicago 2 workers were arrested for stealing 3500 out of one of those grey bucket things

I think you will find all the information here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ukraine&cty=Kiev

You know that VJ is really very complete. :thumbs:

Oh wow, the visa fee is $350. When we filed it was $100.

Edited by 1HappyGuy

Timeline

The fee for the K1 (paid at the interview) has now decreased to 240$ as of April 12, 2012.

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.