Cruz:)

AOS mailed to wrong adress!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

ok guys first of im new to this forum, second i have a huge concern reguarding my AOS packet. Today i sent out my i-485 & i-130 forms through USPS "over night shipment" unfortunately, i was in such a hurry and sent it to the wrong adress. i sent it to

USCIS

Attn: AOS

1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S

Suite 100

Phoenix, AZ 85034

i didnt know i had sent it to the wrong adress until i did a bit of more research. i am a K1 Fiancé Visa and already married.But my i-94 departure record "90 day period" expires in 2 days. April, 05 2012. because i sent it to the wrong adress, my corcen is, what is going to happen now? will i receive the packet back? or will they re-send it to the correct adress? Also, what will happen if USCIS does not receive my AOS packet before my i-94 departure record expires? please help me out! i will trully appreciate any answers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

whoa. did you submit checks or money orders?

if money orders, sorry, wait a bit for it to be returned, if yer lucky.

if you submitted paper check,

then cancel the checks with the bank

as

you filed the wrong paperwork.

yer a k-1 visa holder, you got married within the 90 days.

you not need the I-130 at all.

no I-130? no I-130 fees.

so, rework a new I-485 submission, include the EAD and AP paperwork (no fees on those when filed with the I-485).

then send it all in to the right address.

There is no time limit on when you must file the AOS, when adjusting from a K-1 visa.

The ONLY requirement is that you must be married within that 90 day span from the I-94.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

yes, i did send 2 checks. one for 1,070.00 & another one for 420.00. i will cancel the checks tomorrow morning since they said it will arrive to AZ by noon.

ok. now im more confused. my lawyer told me to send out both of those forms nd some other forms as well.

here is what i sent:

i-485, i-130, g-325, g-325A, immunization record, and i-864A. thats what i was told to send out by USCIS customer support line and my lawyer.

Timeline

yer lawyer is stupid.

you do have a K-1 visa stamp in yer passport, yes? no ?

i am confused.

you've listed yer visa type as a K-1, but yer posting in the AOS/tourist/student/work forum.

IF you are NOT a K-1 visa holder, then calm down a bit, yer lawyer is right.

IF you ARE a K-1 visa holder, yer lawyer is an idiot.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

yes! i do have a K1 visa stamped to my passport. and like i said im new to this forum, all i need is some help.

and yes. i know my lawyer is a dumass thats why im trying to file my AOS packet by myself without having to pay extra fees for a stupid lawyer!

Timeline

ok - so cancel the checks with yer bank in the morning.

you probably have a file copy of everything you submitted,

so you can recreate a new original later this week.

go easy , be relaxed after cancelling the checks,

as

you have time to file this AOS. No need to rush.

--

read this -> http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

unsure, exactly.

there's a coupla possibilities:

1. the whole thing is sent on to the right place or

2. the whole thing is sent back to you because of the wrong address or

3. the whole thing is sent back to you because of the wrong paperwork.

if it's sent on, contact USCIS in about 3 or 4 weeks, let them know that you've cancelled the checks and you've submitted another packet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think you are prepared to do an entirely different packet in one day...it sounds to me like you need to slow down, breathe, study, read the guides, read them again and then take a week to fill out the paperwork and double check the paperwork and then look it over again before you mail it off...

Doing things in a rush is only going to hurt you.

July 2005 - met my awesome, hot, amazing love in Lousiana.
July 2006 - Married said love and moved to Canada.
June 2011 - Entered US to visit family, decided to stay.
Feb. 2012 - Sent paperwork to Chicago.

May 2012 - Received green card.

Day 0 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox - 02/27/2012
Day 2 - UPS Tracking Confirmation - 02/29/2012
Day 4 - NOA Emails Received - 03/02/2012
Day 7 - All Checks Cashed - 03/05/2012
Day 11 - Hard Copy NOA's Received - 03/09/2012
Day 11 - Biometrics Appointment Received - 03/09/2012
--------- - Booked for - 04/03/2012 (day 36)
Day 35 - Early Biometricts Walk-in - 04/02/2012
Day 44 - Received Appointment Letter - 04/11/2012
Day 58 - EAD Approval Online - 04/25/2012
Day 63 - EAD in the mail - 04/30/2012
Day 65 - EAD in hand - 05/02/2012
Day 77 - AOS Interview - 05/14/2012
Day 77 - AOS Approved!
Day 84 - Green Card In Hand - 05/21/2012

Timeline

ok, you think its a good idea if I do the following by tomorrow?!

1. cancel the checks

2. put together another packet, send it to the right adress and write new checks.

yup and yup.

but take yer time on #2. you have time - take a week or three.

Timeline

ok thats fine. now are we sure that if i follow the link Darnell just post earlier is the correct way to do it? because the USCIS customer support line had told me to file form i-130 with a check of 420.00 and now is confusing because in the link it doesnt indicate to file that form. see were im coming from? its very very confusing :(

Timeline

the human you spoke with is wrong, sorry.

We have many reports here about the USCIS call Center being the mis-information line.

Look, that human you spoke with, is a contractor with SERCO, and is poorly trained - mostly they read from a script in front of them.

You got a brain-dead Serco Contractor, and you were given the wrong information.

I'm surprised about yer lawyer stating the I-130 MUST be filed as well - that's a dumb sub-human.

No I-130 for you, OK ? Purty Please with pico de queso on it ?

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

great - now get to bed, you..

and stop fretting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.