AFQuaid

If ya don't laugh ya cry right?

6 posts in this topic

:lol: I've spent the last 20 minutes or so with my head in my hands laughing about this because if I don't I'll cry.

I went and accidently broke my parents washing machine whilst trying to get all my stuff clean before packing it in my suitcases. It was only fixed last Sunday :unsure: . They sure aint happy. Bless mum though she hand washed every single one of my clothes for me and hung em out on the line. Of course she says "Don't expect your MIL to do this for you though!" :lol:

Oh the odd things that happen at the last minute.

All I need now is to lose something and I'm all set.

Anybody else have odd/frustrating things happen a few days before leaving for the US?

Fiona

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

It wasn't right before I came over, but my house flooded.....set us back a few months . Missed our 2nd choice for a wedding day. Got everything sorted out ..needed replastering and all sorts. Went on the market after I got here and sold in a couple of weeks , but boy I was past laughing :whistle: So many little things went wrong that I wouldn't tell anyone the date I was thinking of coming over , didn't want to jinx myself !! :lol: Didn't even tel hubbub , just said vaguely..."before Christmas "..All came good in the end (L)

KIM

21/12/2005 arrive in time for Christmas with my baby !!

18/02/2006 We are married in Coeur D'Alene !!

16/05/2006 AOS and EAD sent off to the windy city. ( day 1)

27/05/2006 NOA's received...woo hoo !! ( day 12 )

09/06/2006 Appointment letter for biometrics arrives ( day 25 )

30/06/2006 Biometrics 11am at Spokane ( day 46 )

22/07/2006 Appointment letter for AOS interview arrives (day 68 )

04/08/2006 Without any warning.....EAD card arrives in the post !! ( day 81 )

24/08/2006 AOS interview at 7.30 am ( day 101 )

24/08/2006 APPROVED !!!

28/08/2006 Welcome to America letter arrives...gee thanks guys !! ( day 105 )

02/09/2006 Green card arrives ...woo hoo !! ( day 110 ) We can relax until 2008 :)

Night before my hubby left to move over here his Mum fell down the back steps and broke her leg and they weren't able to travel over for the wedding. In fact, she just got travel clearance a couple of months ago and so they didn't make it here to visit until well past our first anniversary

WEDDING DAY 05-07-05

RECVD CARD IN MAIL 09-17-05

GAVIN STARTS WORKING 09-19-05

RECVD AOS INTERVIEW LETTER 10-28-05

INTERVIEW IN BOSTON 12-12-05

INTERVIEW SUCCESS & STAMP IN PASSPORT 12-12-05

GREEN CARD RECVD IN MAIL 12-19-05

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS I-751 11-05-07

CHECK CASHED 11-13-07

NOA1 for I-751 11-15-07

APPROVAL FOR I-751 10-06-08

(FOR ANY ADDL INFO SEE MY TIMELINE)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

hubby almost missed his flight because he thought it left the next day (flights from Lima usually leave at about 12:05 am, he thought it left at 12:05 pm). When he realized it left that very same day at night, he had only a few hours to pack up his entire life and get to the airport. He ended up having to toss many boxes of books because they were too heavy for the baggage allowance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.