Sherlock

There is life at Vermont Service Center

8 posts in this topic

For those of you who are also waiting for some sign that someone is home in Vermont, we finally received our I-797 today. Some observations:

We sent our I-751 on August 17th. The check was cashed on August 28th. The I-797 has a notice date of September 26th, but was postmarked October 5th.

It tells us to expect a follow up letter for a Biometrics appointment.

When I called the misinformation line a couple weeks ago, he gave me a receipt number which did not exist in the online USCIS tracking system. He gave me a receipt date of 18 August. I called again yesterday and talked to a different person who confirmed the reciept number and said there was nothing in the system that indicated an NOA had been sent yet, and that she would send VSC a reminder.

The NOA gives me a different receipt number which is trackable in the online system. It says "Your CRI89 CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE I-89 CARD RECEIVED AT SERVICE CENTER was received on September 26, 2006." The NOA does note at the bottom that I-751 form type will be listed as CRI89.

--------------------

Naturalization Timeline

28 JUL 2007 - Sent N-400 and supporting documentation

20 AUG 2007 - Bank Website indicates check has been cashed

15 NOV 2007 - Received NOA

28 NOV 2007 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

18 DEC 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

14 MAR 2008 - Received Interview Appointment letter

05 APR 2008 - Interview (Baltimore) SUCCESS!!

14 APR 2008 - Citizenship Oath

17 APR 2008 - Applied for US Passport

03 May 2008 - US Passport Received!!!

**Any comments or advice given by me is based on the circumstances of my specific case, and does not infer an in-depth knowledge of immigration law.**

For those of you who are also waiting for some sign that someone is home in Vermont, we finally received our I-797 today. Some observations:

We sent our I-751 on August 17th. The check was cashed on August 28th. The I-797 has a notice date of September 26th, but was postmarked October 5th.

It tells us to expect a follow up letter for a Biometrics appointment.

When I called the misinformation line a couple weeks ago, he gave me a receipt number which did not exist in the online USCIS tracking system. He gave me a receipt date of 18 August. I called again yesterday and talked to a different person who confirmed the reciept number and said there was nothing in the system that indicated an NOA had been sent yet, and that she would send VSC a reminder.

The NOA gives me a different receipt number which is trackable in the online system. It says "Your CRI89 CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE I-89 CARD RECEIVED AT SERVICE CENTER was received on September 26, 2006." The NOA does note at the bottom that I-751 form type will be listed as CRI89.

Woohoo! Great! Happy for you....I hope mine won't be too much later. I sent mine 10 days after you, check cashed on 9/8. Hopefully it is coming before my GC expires. Thanks for sharing Sherlock!

Oh, that's interesting! Mine was sent 8/20 and check cashed 8/24. There's no mail on Monday, so it'll be a race to the mail between OH and I on Tues....not :P

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Great news Sherlock. I remember you from 2 years ago during the intial application process. Our timelines were very similar.

I last week, I made an appointment through Infopass since (as I knew it would happen), my husband has a job in the UK for a few months. He leaves on November 1 and his green card expires on October 29... Hopefully we'll receive the notification tomorrow (yeah right) and I can bring it with us. If not, we'll just go an ask for the stamp.

Lissa

Our K3 Timeline:

February 29, 2004 - married in Las Vegas

March 6, 2004 - Mike returns to Auckland to await K3 process.

March 26, 2004 - Melissa files I-130 with Vermont.

March 29, 2004 - Received NOA1 from Vermont for I-130.

April 10, 2004 - Mailed in I-129F to Chicago for K-3.

April 19, 2004 - NOA1 received from Missouri

July 13, 2004 - I-130 NOA2 Approval from Vermont

July 22, 2004 - NVC Receives Case & Assigns

July 25, 2004 - NVC Sends Affidavit of Support Fee Bill & DS 3032

July 30, 2004 - Melissa receives and pays Affidavit of Support Fee Bill and scans and emails DS 3032 to Mike for signature.

August 9, 2004 - NVC prints Visa Fee Bill (isn't that redundant??)

August 20, 2004 Melissa Receives and pays Visa Fee Bill

August 21, 2004 Melissa Receives Affidavit of Support Packet

August 30, 2004 Melissa Sends Affidavit of Support to NVC

September 7, 2004 Melissa sends DS-230

September 13, 2004 NVC Completes Case!!

September 21, 2004 NVC Sends Case to Auckland

September 27, 2004 Auckland Consulate receives case

September 29, 2004 Mike receives Packet 3

October 2, 2004 Mike sends Packet 3

October 1, 2004 Mike sends back "I'm ready" letter

October 4, 2004 Mike receives interview letter!!!! Interview October 13, 2004!!!!!!

October 13, 2004 Mike's Interview!!!

October 29, 2004 Mike arrives in Boston!!!

More signs of life -

Wifey got biometrics appointment letter today. Baltimore on Halloween.

--------------------

Naturalization Timeline

28 JUL 2007 - Sent N-400 and supporting documentation

20 AUG 2007 - Bank Website indicates check has been cashed

15 NOV 2007 - Received NOA

28 NOV 2007 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

18 DEC 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

14 MAR 2008 - Received Interview Appointment letter

05 APR 2008 - Interview (Baltimore) SUCCESS!!

14 APR 2008 - Citizenship Oath

17 APR 2008 - Applied for US Passport

03 May 2008 - US Passport Received!!!

**Any comments or advice given by me is based on the circumstances of my specific case, and does not infer an in-depth knowledge of immigration law.**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.