Funnybeee

I-94 Departure Record

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey all!

Has this happen to one of you:

I recently travelled from the USA to Toronto ( I have my green card and it is the first time I travelled outside the USA since I came to the USA on a K1-VIsa.)

But the thing is, when I arrived in Toronto, I noticed that nobody took out the I-94 departure record which was stapled to one of my passport pages when I entered the USA in 2005.

Aren't they suppose to take it out when you leave the USA????

Damn... am I in trouble now???

Beee :blink:

Aug 2001: Met Trevor the Love of my Life in Bali

Oct 2001: Trevor visits me in the Netherlands

Dec 2001: I visit Trevor in NYC

2001-2004: We visit eachother every 2 to 3 months

Sept 2004: I-129F Petition

Okt 2004: NOA1 and NOA2

Nov 2004: American Consulate sends me packet 3

Dec 2004: I sent filled in forms to Consulate

Jan 2005: Trevor sends Affidavit of Support and stuff

Jan 2005: I sent checklist to Consulate

Jan 2005: Consulate sends me packet 4, interview is scheduled March 14

Feb 24, 2005: Medical Examination

March 14, 2005: Interview... APPROVED!!!!!!!

March 16, 2005: Visa delivered to me by registered mail WOOOHOOOO!

April 4, 2005: Baby here I come!

April 24, 2005: Entered USA Chicago O'Hare

May 19, 2005: Wedding

Sept, 2005: Send of AOS application

May, 2006: Biometrics taken in NYC

June, 2006: Our case is being send to the State of California

July, 2006: Welcome to the USA! I received my Green Card without having an interview!!!!!! YAAAAY!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
If you are applying to extend your stay in the United States or change your immigration status, you will be asked to give USCIS your Form I-94.
http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/enter...ing-arrival.htm

I suspect that you should have turned that form in at AOS interview.

I also found this:

It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the transportation carriers collect the applicant’s departure portion of the Form I-94. If an applicant departs the United States by way of land through Canada or Mexico, it is the applicant’s responsibility to return the departure portion of the Form I-94 to CBP prior to his/her departure.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/...ing_out_i94.xml

If you had turned the form in at AOS then you would not have it to give to the Customs officer.

I would hold on to it and contact USCIS when you get back to the states, and find out if they want it because they should have taken it at AOS.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thank you for responding :)

My husband said the same thing and told me not to worry about it since the whole AOS procedure is behind us and I have my green card.

These things always get me a bit jumpy, I guess.

Beee

Aug 2001: Met Trevor the Love of my Life in Bali

Oct 2001: Trevor visits me in the Netherlands

Dec 2001: I visit Trevor in NYC

2001-2004: We visit eachother every 2 to 3 months

Sept 2004: I-129F Petition

Okt 2004: NOA1 and NOA2

Nov 2004: American Consulate sends me packet 3

Dec 2004: I sent filled in forms to Consulate

Jan 2005: Trevor sends Affidavit of Support and stuff

Jan 2005: I sent checklist to Consulate

Jan 2005: Consulate sends me packet 4, interview is scheduled March 14

Feb 24, 2005: Medical Examination

March 14, 2005: Interview... APPROVED!!!!!!!

March 16, 2005: Visa delivered to me by registered mail WOOOHOOOO!

April 4, 2005: Baby here I come!

April 24, 2005: Entered USA Chicago O'Hare

May 19, 2005: Wedding

Sept, 2005: Send of AOS application

May, 2006: Biometrics taken in NYC

June, 2006: Our case is being send to the State of California

July, 2006: Welcome to the USA! I received my Green Card without having an interview!!!!!! YAAAAY!!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
If you are applying to extend your stay in the United States or change your immigration status, you will be asked to give USCIS your Form I-94.
http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/enter...ing-arrival.htm

I suspect that you should have turned that form in at AOS interview.

I also found this:

It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the transportation carriers collect the applicant’s departure portion of the Form I-94. If an applicant departs the United States by way of land through Canada or Mexico, it is the applicant’s responsibility to return the departure portion of the Form I-94 to CBP prior to his/her departure.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/...ing_out_i94.xml

If you had turned the form in at AOS then you would not have it to give to the Customs officer.

I would hold on to it and contact USCIS when you get back to the states, and find out if they want it because they should have taken it at AOS.

So, what about those of us who will get a GC without an interview? What do we do with the I-94 departure form in my husband's passport?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unless they ask for it, keep it as a souvenir:-). If they want it there know where it is:-).

I actually sent my original I-94 in with my AOS application and kept the copies so am not faced with that situation.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.