Together4ever

Verily...

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I won't put the "Muslim warning" on this. I don't want to qualify it. I want to share something that happened to me today. For the sake of not annoying board members I will skip most of the details.

I am having what is probably the darkest day of my life. The reasons don't matter. I'm not looking for attention or sympathy. It just is what it is.

I was sitting numb in the silence of my apartment even unable to think anymore thoughts. Hope had drained through the floor and into the ground. There was a knock at the door and it startled me. No one comes to my apartment unannounced. I went and looked through the peephole and there was man standing there who I didn't know. I looked at him hard to try to figure out just who he was but gave up and opened the door.

"I have a package for you. Be careful. It's heavy."

The mail man. Very strange. They don't deliver the mail to the door here. We have stalls of mailboxes at one end of the complex. They leave a note saying to pick up packages in the office. I looked down and the box said "CAIR".

It was the quran.

I have not had mine since I left Mohammed in Egypt. I left it with him for reasons I don't need to explain. I miss it terribly. Yes I can read it online, etc. but maybe I'm just old fashioned. I adore sitting with the BOOK. I never went and bought a new one because I just can't bring myself to do that. My first quran came to me at a similar time in my life when I was not Muslim and not considering it. I have no idea why I received it or who sent it. Just a box at the door from the Saudi Embassy in Washington containing a beautiful copy of the quran and nothing else. Not even a note. I didn't know the first thing about Islam but I read it. During the course of that year it changed my life. This is the quran that is now with Mohammed and he knows the importance of it to me and why I left it with him. I say I can't just go and buy a quran because in my own little twisted reality I asked Allah to bring it to me again if he feels I'm still deserving. Today I don't feel alone or unheard.

Alhamdulellah. It's all I can say. Thank you, God.

I say Allah is watching over you...take it and feel safe with that... fantastic story .....

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am touched.....

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jean, mine came today too... it is huge & heavy. I was just stopping at home to drop off some groceries and carry on w/ some errands, so I have not done anything but open the box to admire it, barely touching it, not taking the wrapper off of it until I have time to clean up and dedicate *real* time to adequate perusal. I was so excited! We must have ordered it at the same time.

All I can really say is ***ALHAMDOULILLAH*** I think we all needed this right now. (F)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mash'Allah! This is definitely a message for you, cherish it. Allah is with you ukhti, and do not ever forget that, may he safeguard you always. Reading this touched me today and made me smile inside, shukran for that. Ramadan Karim!

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

That is a wonderful story, very touching, thank you for sharing with us.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Timeline

... and it continues to get weirder. After Mohammed called tonight from skype the stupid internet went down. The phone rang again and I answered it thinking it was Moh. It was my son. He said, "Mom what's wrong?" I told him nothing I was just waiting for Moh to call me back. He said, "But what did you want?" I was confused. He told me the phone rang there with a very odd ring and displayed my number so he answered it. That was when it rang here. I didn't even touch the phone so this has me creeped out. :huh: Maybe time for a hot bath and bed?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Bismillah Mashallah Jean! You story get alot of brightness into my life. Thanks alo sister for sharing.., Jazak Allah Kheiran! (F)

I won't put the "Muslim warning" on this. I don't want to qualify it. I want to share something that happened to me today. For the sake of not annoying board members I will skip most of the details.

I am having what is probably the darkest day of my life. The reasons don't matter. I'm not looking for attention or sympathy. It just is what it is.

I was sitting numb in the silence of my apartment even unable to think anymore thoughts. Hope had drained through the floor and into the ground. There was a knock at the door and it startled me. No one comes to my apartment unannounced. I went and looked through the peephole and there was man standing there who I didn't know. I looked at him hard to try to figure out just who he was but gave up and opened the door.

"I have a package for you. Be careful. It's heavy."

The mail man. Very strange. They don't deliver the mail to the door here. We have stalls of mailboxes at one end of the complex. They leave a note saying to pick up packages in the office. I looked down and the box said "CAIR".

It was the quran.

I have not had mine since I left Mohammed in Egypt. I left it with him for reasons I don't need to explain. I miss it terribly. Yes I can read it online, etc. but maybe I'm just old fashioned. I adore sitting with the BOOK. I never went and bought a new one because I just can't bring myself to do that. My first quran came to me at a similar time in my life when I was not Muslim and not considering it. I have no idea why I received it or who sent it. Just a box at the door from the Saudi Embassy in Washington containing a beautiful copy of the quran and nothing else. Not even a note. I didn't know the first thing about Islam but I read it. During the course of that year it changed my life. This is the quran that is now with Mohammed and he knows the importance of it to me and why I left it with him. I say I can't just go and buy a quran because in my own little twisted reality I asked Allah to bring it to me again if he feels I'm still deserving. Today I don't feel alone or unheard.

Alhamdulellah. It's all I can say. Thank you, God.

Wonderful for this to happen in this holy month of ramadan....im so inspired by this!!

Michaela

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your story toucned my heart as well!

Hang in there my dear! As I always reminded my husband...SOON! (F)

Hugs :)

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know what I'm about to tell you Jean is not the same, but my husband got a package full of books in English once from a University here and he never even wrote to them or asked them for anything. They were nice books and he kept asking me if I did that but it wasn't me either.

Your story has more meaning of cource...

I just wanted to let you know that I still keep you in my prayers and one more person from this post who just recently sent me a PM that I still didn't reply to, sorry.

Long time ago I studied astrology and it teaches that whatever happens - will happen when it supposed to, not when we want to. It's another way of saing what others said to you here... inshallah it'll happen for you too

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

All I can say is WOW... I was not planning to visit VJ today... here I am and reading your post. Allah is watching over you... (F)

Hope will come back to your life soon.

((((((HUGS)))))

Yasi :star:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.