aosapplicant

January filers - Baltimore, MD AOS interview scheduled

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Those who applied for AOS in January (via Chicago, IL lockbox) and expect to be interviewed at

Baltimore, MD local office, let's post and share here :

1. When received email from USCIS "interview scheduled".

2. When received IL in mail.

3. What is interview date.

We can post , support each other and get a general idea what Priority Dates are being scheduled for interview at Baltimore, MD office and what is current processing time for AOS apps filed from this district.

Good luck to all!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Well I'm in the Jan batch (via Chicago Lockbox) but not scheduled to be interviewed at Baltimore. Not going to be much of a help but thought I could share some info.. I have a detailed timeline below :blush: Oh, and my interview is this Friday!

Adjusting Status from F-1 Visa
• Dec 2007 - Arrived for the first time for college • Jan 2008 - Met the beloved • Sept 11th, 2009 - Started dating •
• Dec 2010 - Graduated from college • Feb 17th, 2011 - Status changed from F-1 to OPT (OPT ends Feb 17th 2012) •
• Mar 2011 - Received EAD card and employment began • Sept 12th, 2011 - Married! •

Jan 11th, 2012 (Day 0) - Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 to Chicago Lockbox
Jan 12th, 2012 (Day 1) - Application received by USCIS J.C.
Jan 17th, 2012 (Day 5) - 4 NOA received via text and email
Jan 18th, 2012 (Day 6) - Checks cashed
Jan 23rd, 2012 (Day 11) - Received 3 NOA hardcopies (I130, I765, I131)
Jan 30th, 2012 (Day 19) - Received NOA hardcopy for I485 and Biometrics appointment letter. (Error was found on address (FL instead of AL) and biometrics was scheduled at the local office (Tampa,FL) that is 8hrs away)
Jan 31st, 2012 (Day 20) - Called USCIS Customer Service to inform them of their clerical error. Spoke to tier 2 rep and was told to walk in on the scheduled date for biometrics at the nearest office (New Orleans, LA))
Feb 8th, 2012 (Day 28) - Biometrics completed at ASC in New Orleans
Feb 27th, 2012 (Day 47) - Interview for I-485 on March 30th, received via text/email from USCIS
Mar 16th, 2012 (Day 65) - EAD/AP card arrived in mail!
Mar 30th, 2012 (Day 79) - AoS Interview at Atlanta, GA; APPROVED!
Apr 9th, 2012 (Day 89) - Green Card in hand! THANK YOU VJers! (Expiration March 30, 2014)

RoC I-751

Feb 6th, 2014 (Day 0) - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC (USPS Express)

Feb 7th, 2014 (Day 1) - Packet received by USCIS L Juchowski

Feb 10th, 2014 (Day 4) - Received NOA1

Feb 12th, 2014 (Day 6) - Check cashed by VSC

Mar 3rd, 2014 (Day 25) - Received Biometrics Appointment letter (Dated Feb 24 for appointment on March 18 @ Metairie, LA)

Mar 11, 2014 (Day 33) - Early walk-in at the ASC in Birmingham, AL

Apr 13, 2014 (Day 66) - Change of Address

Jul 28, 2014 (Day 172) - Email/Text from USCIS: Card Production (Approval)

Timeline

Thanks for contributing :)

I am aware that some local offices schedule interviews in less than 2 months. That's probably due to the lighter load of work.

Our office here in Baltimore, MD has more applications to process and as of December , 31st 2011 reported over 5 moths of processing time for AOS.

Oddly enough, despite being a busy office we do not have as many applicants posting their timeliness on forums.

I created this thread to encourage any Baltimore, MD filers to share their timelines.

This is the only way we can have any idea what the current processing time at Baltimore, MD is.

Baltimore, MD January, 2012 AOS filers, if you read this thread please share your timelines! :)

I submitted AOS in Dec 2011 it was received on the 29th....our appointment is in Baltimore on April 12.

We had a RFE between the process and we took almost a month to submit the evidence. But the process has been moving fast so far. Getting super nervous as it gets closer.

Adjusting from B2 visa

12/3/2011: Hubby arrived to the USA

12/23/2011: AOS package

12/29/2011: AOS package received

01/11/2012: Acceptance email received

01/18/2012: Biometric appt and receipt received

Appointment set for 02/8/2012

01/27/2012: RFE email received

02/01/2012: Hard copy of RFE notice received

02/14/2012: RFE info sent back to USCIS

02/22/2012: Received email RFE received case continues to process at NBC

03/09/2012: Receive email with interview notice

04/12/2012: Interview in Baltimore City 9:00am

Case has to be reviewed WAITING on a decision now....

04/18/2012: APPROVED EMAIL RECEIVED AMEN!!!!!

04/23/2012: Approval/ welcome letter received in mail

04/23/2012: Card production ordered email received

04/24/2012: Card mailed email received

04/27/2012: Received email USPS picked up mail containing card notice

04/27/2012: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!! :)

Timeline

WEll, i filed my AOS in January, i had biometrics March 13, and my interview will be on April 24. I recieved my EAD today.

Great! So January filers already get Interview Letters for Baltimore, MD.

Did you apply early Jan, mid or end of month?

Timeline

I submitted AOS in Dec 2011 it was received on the 29th....our appointment is in Baltimore on April 12.

We had a RFE between the process and we took almost a month to submit the evidence. But the process has been moving fast so far. Getting super nervous as it gets closer.

Once you reply to RFE your case goes back to where it was in queue.

Somebody will ask you about you, all you need to do is say what it is.

This is not a job interview so relax.

Timeline

i applied last week of January...

That's great! Consider yourself lucky, because according to what I gather from various sources Baltimore, MD is processing October, 2011 AOS applications.

Also, this is my individual opinion, the way you fill out your app makes difference.

Some apps get processed faster even if the local office is the same.

I hired attorney who filled the I-864 incorrectly , got RFE and re-submitted copy of an incorrect original page of the same form. I had to re-submit my own response. Now I wonder what other parts he filled out sloppily :)

Finally, place of birth may make the difference. I was born in, lived for 20 years and am Citizen of Pakistan.

And I am Muslim - I go to local mosque every Friday and pray 8 times a day.

I am sure that doesn't speed things up a lot.

But all being equal, you are very lucky to be interviewed that fast. Baltimore does not process cases in 3 months like other local offices do, they have higher than average load (though not as slow as NY and some other offices I heard of).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's great! Consider yourself lucky, because according to what I gather from various sources Baltimore, MD is processing October, 2011 AOS applications.

Also, this is my individual opinion, the way you fill out your app makes difference.

Some apps get processed faster even if the local office is the same.

I hired attorney who filled the I-864 incorrectly , got RFE and re-submitted copy of an incorrect original page of the same form. I had to re-submit my own response. Now I wonder what other parts he filled out sloppily :)

Finally, place of birth may make the difference. I was born in, lived for 20 years and am Citizen of Pakistan.

And I am Muslim - I go to local mosque every Friday and pray 8 times a day.

I am sure that doesn't speed things up a lot.

But all being equal, you are very lucky to be interviewed that fast. Baltimore does not process cases in 3 months like other local offices do, they have higher than average load (though not as slow as NY and some other offices I heard of).

A wrong information in your application is a big deal for them. that is why i had to be careful when i filled my forms up. thanks god that my application is moving faster than what i thought...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Unfortunately, I'm in the Baltimore boat.. :lol: I filed in Feb and got a RFE..let's see how long it's going to take until my interview letter... :whistle:

12-2011 We got Married!

2/3/2012 AOS Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)

2/6/2011 I-130,I485 and I-765 received at USCIS

2/10/2012 I-130,I485,I-765 Touched

2/16/2012 NOA 1 Received(I-130, I-485, I-765)

2/17/2012 Biometrics Letter(Original App. date: 03/05/12)

2/17/2012 Biometrics Walk in

3/09/2012 I-485 Touched

3/09/2012 Text Message/email received for RFE - I485 :(

3/19/2012 RFE hard copy received

3/20/2012 Replied RFE

3/26/2012 RFE Response Review

4/10/2012 EAD card in Production!

4/13/2012 NEW Interview date - April 30th!!!!!

4/30/2012 APPROVED ON THE SPOT!!!

4/30/2012 Passport stamped(I-551)

5/7/2012   Green card Received!

1/12/2018 N-400 Sent~

Timeline

Unfortunately, I'm in the Baltimore boat.. :lol: I filed in Feb and got a RFE..let's see how long it's going to take until my interview letter... :whistle:

Baltimore boat is not the slowest :lol:

You will get EAD approved soon.

I wonder how many members here have received IL (Lately I looked up the trackit website for 130/485 concurrent

and saw couple of Jan filers scheduled for interview, and here we have at least two posters who filed at the end of Dec and Jan and already have IL. So, things are moving at Baltimore too.

Anyone who filed AOS in Jan (Baltimore, MD local office) feel free to contribute and share your timelines! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Those who applied for AOS in January (via Chicago, IL lockbox) and expect to be interviewed at

Baltimore, MD local office, let's post and share here :

1. When received email from USCIS "interview scheduled".

2. When received IL in mail.

3. What is interview date.

We can post , support each other and get a general idea what Priority Dates are being scheduled for interview at Baltimore, MD office and what is current processing time for AOS apps filed from this district.

Good luck to all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.