Bad_Daddy

Wisconsin father defends family from drunk intruder

123 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I pull no race card i pull no gun i use a baseball bat to defend my home.

I do as well but it may be we both are unwise if we bring baseball bats to a gun fight! I have heard it said, though, that if you ever point a gun at someone you better be prepared to pull the trigger and mean it. If you are pointing a gun at someone and they have a gun as well they may well figure on shooting you immediately to save their own life. It bothers me a little understanding how even highly trained and experienced law-enforcement personnel sometimes get that decision wrong on whether and when to pull the trigger! Having an entire un-trained civilian population packing and knowing how poor some people's judgment can be and how mentally challenged and un-balanced others are, it makes me afraid we will be seeing many more such 'stand-your-ground' cases!

Timeline

Good for you. I am pro choice. I use a shotgun loaded with number 4 buckshot. If someone breaks in my home I will kill them and I do not care what race they are. THEN I will call 911.

I think I am 'pro-life' on this. Particularly my families and my own lives!

I do as well but it may be we both are unwise if we bring baseball bats to a gun fight! I have heard it said, though, that if you ever point a gun at someone you better be prepared to pull the trigger and mean it. If you are pointing a gun at someone and they have a gun as well they may well figure on shooting you immediately to save their own life. It bothers me a little understanding how even highly trained and experienced law-enforcement personnel sometimes get that decision wrong on whether and when to pull the trigger! Having an entire un-trained civilian population packing and knowing how poor some people's judgment can be and how mentally challenged and un-balanced others are, it makes me afraid we will be seeing many more such 'stand-your-ground' cases!

How about these so called vigil antes and neighbor hood watch people be registered(back ground checks) and trained by the state.? I might feel a little more safe if I knew they had training or who they were. I have a neighbor hood watch sign 50 feet from my front door and I honestly don't even know who they are or if they even exist.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How about these so called vigil antes and neighbor hood watch people be registered(back ground checks) and trained by the state.? I might feel a little more safe if I knew they had training or who they were. I have a neighbor hood watch sign 50 feet from my front door and I honestly don't even know who they are or if they even exist.

How about you follow the lead of the state with the lowest crime rate and allow anyone to carry a concealed handgun without a permit? No "neighborhood watch" signs here.

I think I am 'pro-life' on this. Particularly my families and my own lives!

So teach them to handle guns safely also.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

In most states even pointing a gun at someone is considered "deadly force", as it should be, and there needs to be sufficient cause to do so. Basically that means IF you display a gun be prepared to kill someone. However the ONLY time I was ever justified in pointing a gun at someone, I did not kill them and did not shoot them. He was apprehended by police. HOWEVER in that case he was not attacking ME or my family, he was attacking another woman. Had he approached me with his weapon I would have dropped him in the street. Had I been the woman I would have given him 7 .45 slugs in the chest. Post haste!

This is a good example though of not only how allowing ANYONE to carry a handgun reduces crime but also that it is rarely necessary to actually shoot or kill someone if you are properly armed. Being inadequately armed is far more likely to provoke someone getting hurt or killed.

Gary And Alla

How about you follow the lead of the state with the lowest crime rate and allow anyone to carry a concealed handgun without a permit? No "neighborhood watch" signs here.

So teach them to handle guns safely also.

Better yet I'm moving to Vermont to feel safe.We can be neighbors. lol

Buddha.

Better yet I'm moving to Vermont to feel safe.We can be neighbors. lol

I'll be the first line of defense and once they finish me off you can shoot them,

Buddha.

Timeline

Based on all the news he is without doubt guilty of homicide! (Homi=**-sapiens, cide=to kill) It may be that a court will decide it was justifiable homicide or it may determine that this homicide was felonious. But it was certainly a homicide!

Yes, definitely homicide. Does he have an affirmative defense to prosecution for homicide? we will see.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Dealy force was once described to me as being OK if...

1. The guy sorely needs to be killed

2. You are the most appropriate guy to do it under the circumstances.

Perhaps a bit simplified. :unsure:

Gary And Alla

James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University in Boston. "We are indeed a safer nation than 20 years ago."

He and others give four main reasons for the decline:

• Increased incarceration, including longer sentences, that keeps more criminals off the streets.
  • Improved law enforcement strategies, including advances in computer analysis and innovative technology.
  • The waning of the crack cocaine epidemic that soared from 1984 to 1990, which made cocaine cheaply available in cities across the US.
  • The graying of America characterized by the fastest-growing segment of the US population – baby boomers – passing the age of 50.

Hmmm I don't see anything in there findings that guns lower crime rate.

Buddha.

Timeline

Dealy force was once described to me as being OK if...

1. The guy sorely needs to be killed

2. You are the most appropriate guy to do it under the circumstances.

Perhaps a bit simplified. :unsure:

Only problem is who gets to decide! I might not always come to the same conclusion that an adversary of mine might!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University in Boston. "We are indeed a safer nation than 20 years ago."

• Increased incarceration, including longer sentences, that keeps more criminals off the streets.
  • Improved law enforcement strategies, including advances in computer analysis and innovative technology.
  • The waning of the crack cocaine epidemic that soared from 1984 to 1990, which made cocaine cheaply available in cities across the US.
  • The graying of America characterized by the fastest-growing segment of the US population – baby boomers – passing the age of 50.

That is because you chose an author with a well-known bias against civilian concealed carry..... surprise, surprise.

There is one thing that makes me even more uncomfortable than the thought of being surrounded by lots of strangers with concealed weapons beneath their coats. It is the thought of being surrounded by any strangers with concealed weapons beneath their coats and paranoid ideas floating around their brains. Pistols and paranoia are a scary mix indeed.
-James Alan Fox Edited by xebec
Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Only problem is who gets to decide! I might not always come to the same conclusion that an adversary of mine might!

Yes. I'm sure that anyone who perpetrates a violent assault against you or your family would firmly disagree that you have any right to stop their attack.

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Why do plan on trying to attack them for some reason?

snapback.pngSayha or bust., on 31 March 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 253); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 253); ">That is because you chose an author with a well-known bias against civilian concealed carry..... surprise, surprise.

That is because you chose an author with a well-known bias against civilian concealed carry..... surprise, surprise.

-James Alan Fox

I'm sure he made those up. lol

Edited by Sayha or bust.

Buddha.