Al18

Administrative Processing

20 posts in this topic

HI everyone i am waiting for my visa since october 2011 when i have contact them they have send me an email

This is an internal process. Unfortunately, they cannot predict when their review will be completed. Consulate General Mumbai will contact you once they complete administrative process of your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI everyone i am waiting for my visa since october 2011 when i have contact them they have send me an email

This is an internal process. Unfortunately, they cannot predict when their review will be completed. Consulate General Mumbai will contact you once they complete administrative process of your case.

What embassy did you interview?

Internal processing can be anything the embassy is doing to ensure your eligible for the visa. They can be doing name checks, back ground checking, document checking, field investigations at your home and ask shopkeepers, neighbors, family members and even office colleagues about you or your relationship to the petitioner. This can take a short amount of time or long amount of time nobody really knows until they say it's complete

It's probably time to get the petitioner to contact your congressman or senator get them involved making inquiries for you.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Your profile says this is for an IR2

So you have been married over 2 years and you are petitioning a child?

You can get your congressman involved.

Do a search on google for who is my congressman for zip code xxxxx?

Good luck

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

What embassy did you interview?

Internal processing can be anything the embassy is doing to ensure your eligible for the visa. They can be doing name checks, back ground checking, document checking, field investigations at your home and ask shopkeepers, neighbors, family members and even office colleagues about you or your relationship to the petitioner. This can take a short amount of time or long amount of time nobody really knows until they say it's complete

It's probably time to get the petitioner to contact your congressman or senator get them involved making inquiries for you.

i had my interview in chennai us consulate at the time of my interview co said me that will send ur visa in 4 to 6 weeks and they also said me ur case requires administrative processing i din't get any type of slip

Your profile says this is for an IR2

So you have been married over 2 years and you are petitioning a child?

You can get your congressman involved.

Do a search on google for who is my congressman for zip code xxxxx?

Good luck

i am the benificery my father have send an email to congressman and now waiting for their reply

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i had my interview in chennai us consulate at the time of my interview co said me that will send ur visa in 4 to 6 weeks and they also said me ur case requires administrative processing i din't get any type of slip

CO are known for quoting time frames that are not accurate.. and they dont' need to give you a 221g slip unless your missing documents and the fact they told you it requires AP then you can determine that your in background checks or document verification.

as soon as your father signs the form for them to make inquiries they can begin the process and maybe get more information for you/or your AP could end sooner than later

If he gets no response soon have him call them and talk to the immigration representative in the office

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

CO are known for quoting time frames that are not accurate.. and they dont' need to give you a 221g slip unless your missing documents and the fact they told you it requires AP then you can determine that your in background checks or document verification.

as soon as your father signs the form for them to make inquiries they can begin the process and maybe get more information for you/or your AP could end sooner than later

i have also contact embassy before i got an same email

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Timeline

Is your priority date current? How old are you? Have you any criminal background? Anything to send them red flags or things they need to investigate?

I do not know much about IR2 but to be in internal processing for a child sounds kind of long. So, I am glad your congressman will get involved soon.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

i have also contact embassy before i got an same email

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

OK that makes more sense!

Mandatory AP means name and background checks at the Washington level

Internal processing means checks are done at the embassy level.

Mandatory AP might mean you have a name hit with a bad guy and they have to make sure you are not him.

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Is your priority date current? How old are you? Have you any criminal background? Anything to send them red flags or things they need to investigate?

I do not know much about IR2 but to be in internal processing for a child sounds kind of long. So, I am glad your congressman will get involved soon.

what is priority date?i am 19 yr old and i dont have any criminal background

OK that makes more sense!

Mandatory AP means name and background checks at the Washington level

Internal processing means checks are done at the embassy level.

Mandatory AP might mean you have a name hit with a bad guy and they have to make sure you are not him.

Good Luck

this email i got it today

As per the US Consulate your case is still under pending status.This is an internal process. Unfortunately, they cannot predict when their review will be completed. Consulate General Mumbai will contact you once they complete administrative process of your case.

and this one i got it in the end of feb

Timeline

That sounds good

That means your background checks are done and now the embassy will need to just print the visa soon. That can take 1-2 months for their checks

So be patient a little longer

Good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

That sounds good

That means your background checks are done and now the embassy will need to just print the visa soon. That can take 1-2 months for their checks

So be patient a little longer

Good luck

thank u so much for helping me got some relief now

If he gets no response soon have him call them and talk to the immigration representative in the office

thank u so much EABBAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thank u so much EABBAS

EABBAS rocks!!

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.