NickT

Military filer in Frankfurt Help.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let's start with the basics I am an USC in Germany serving for the USAF I recently married a Filipina Citizen. I just want to make sure I have everything before I make my appointment to drop off the paperwork (rather hand it to them than wait on mail). From my understanding I will need the following.

I-130

G325A Hers and mine

Filing fee of $420

2 Passport style photos white background of each of us.

Marriage certificate copy

USC documents proving citizenship (my birth certificate and copy of my passport and copy of military ID)

With regards to the G325A I am confused as to the address for living I have written N/A since we do not plan to live in the states and I will be stationed in Germany another 2 years possibly 3. Will they reject it do to me not having a stateside address.

Her name also has not been legally changed I don't forsee that being a problem until after the petition is approved and she arrives as she will want to get her name changed then.

Is there a way around the passport photo as we did not get one done while I was in the Philippines and as some of you may know the mail system is not the fastest or most reliable.

One more question and I apologize for the wall of text so much happening in my head right now. But is a cover page needed if I am going to go to the office and personally hand the papers in?

Thank you any one for replies and for your help just want to get this done and have the wife with me!

--Nick

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The problem I see here, the purpose for submitting a I-130 is so your wife can immigrate to the US and secure a Green card. You stated you will be in Germany for another 2-3 years, the Green card is given to LPR (Legal Permanent Residents), unless your orders can be modified to an accompanied tour of duty -- naming your wife in the orders. Your wife staying outside of the US for such an extended period of time could cause an immigration officer to consider her status abandoned when she tries to entry the US.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from CR-1 to Military issues form for better answers ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Apply for command sponsorship, the personnel service battalion will endorse your original orders and add her. At that point she will be there under government orders and you can proceed with the petition once approved immigration recognizes military orders she will have to keep a cop on her when she travels stateside along with the green card it will not be considered abandonment if she is there because of the Gov't. In the address block most of my Soldiers used their home of record but requested all correspondence be mailed to their APO.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.