Yagisama

What do you like best about Tim Hortons?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I've often read about Tim Hortons in this forum and in the interest of science I ate 5 doughnuts yesterday. Tomorrow I will be leaving Vancouver but not before visiting Timmy one last time.

But before I venture back I came by here to see what made Tim Hortons special to everyone. Is it the regular coffee, the specialty drinks, or the doughnuts, or something else. I'd be interested in any recommendations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Iced Cappucino and the Honey Crueller. Hands down the finest meal at Timmy's. Their sandwiches were soooo amazing before Wendy's bought them but I can't recommend them anymore :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I abhor Tim Hortons. They changed the recipe for the coffee several years ago and it taste like brown water in my opinion. The doughnuts and bagels are all frozen and par-baked and don't taste anything like a proper fresh doughnut should taste. I also worked there once- the customers were nice but the owners were @ssholes who didn't give a ####### about their employees, only the size of their wallet. They scheduled third shift employees for 14 hour shifts and did all kinds of borderline illegal ####### to spend as little money as possible... Full time workers who had been there for 3+ years never got any raises except when minimum wage wet up. Needless to say I looked for another job ASAP and only stuck around there for 4 months...

No, I'm not bitter :whistle: But in my opinion, Country Style makes better doughnuts because they're made from scratch (at least they were last time I checked- I worked at a Country Style a few years back, they might've changed it) and McDonalds has the best cheap coffee. Great Canadian Bagel makes good bagels.

Many a time I have been accused of not being a real Canadian because of my opinion on this matter :lol:

Edited by pocheros

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The breakfast sandwich's and the coffee! only thing i've found that comes close coffee wise for me down here is Dunkin. i've never been a doughnut person unless its Krispy Kreme.

I abhor Tim Hortons. They changed the recipe for the coffee several years ago and it taste like brown water in my opinion. The doughnuts and bagels are all frozen and par-baked and don't taste anything like a proper fresh doughnut should taste. I also worked there once- the customers were nice but the owners were @ssholes who didn't give a ####### about their employees, only the size of their wallet. They scheduled third shift employees for 14 hour shifts and did all kinds of borderline illegal ####### to spend as little money as possible... Full time workers who had been there for 3+ years never got any raises except when minimum wage wet up. Needless to say I looked for another job ASAP and only stuck around there for 4 months...

No, I'm not bitter :whistle: But in my opinion, Country Style makes better doughnuts because they're made from scratch (at least they were last time I checked- I worked at a Country Style a few years back, they might've changed it) and McDonalds has the best cheap coffee. Great Canadian Bagel makes good bagels.

Many a time I have been accused of not being a real Canadian because of my opinion on this matter :lol:

wel if they changed the reciper..then im not sure..i haven't had timmies since 2008 :( As for bagels..i so miss montreal bagels..not this soft ####### here with HFCS in it..blech! iwant my hard sweet St-Viateur bagels! They do deliver to usa..but its hella expensive :( Maybe next tax return lol.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Only really their coffee--and I love that a lot,lol Sandwiches are ok, donuts suck--as they no longer make them fresh!! Never was a donut fan. But I love their coffee!! Home in June for just over a month and I'll be at Timmys at least twice a day for coffee!! But coffee is a personal taste. Can't wait to try the new XL size,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I am still happy with my Double chocolate donut when I go back home the hubster is now addicted too). Dutchies remind me of being little when my mom would stop by Tim's during Saturday shopping.

I like their new-ish breakfast wraps, but without the weird buttery sauce.

Oh and a Large coffee, 1 milk

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I rarely have anything to eat at Timmie's so I can't comment on the food. I do drink their coffee though (Medium double-double, thank you). I don't really know if it's the coffee so much as what it represents for me. Anytime we head out on a family road-trip, Timmie's is the first stop. Anytime me and my brother or sister want to get together and talk, we meet at Timmie's for coffee. It's wrapped up in sooooo many memories for me.

Yeah, probably too much information and not what you were looking for, but anyway... the coffee is good. :)

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Timeline

I rarely have anything to eat at Timmie's so I can't comment on the food. I do drink their coffee though (Medium double-double, thank you). I don't really know if it's the coffee so much as what it represents for me. Anytime we head out on a family road-trip, Timmie's is the first stop. Anytime me and my brother or sister want to get together and talk, we meet at Timmie's for coffee. It's wrapped up in sooooo many memories for me.

Yeah, probably too much information and not what you were looking for, but anyway... the coffee is good. :)

No, I think its that way for many families--and could be another type of store! On the way to the Farm, we always stopped at a certain ice cream place in the summer,store itself wasnt anything special, but always went there,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I used be a huge French Vanilla drinker, but than I found Second Cup Moccachino as the best :dance: ... I cant resist Tim Hortons Cheese Croissant is really really good. I dont mind walking 20min twice a week to get one :yes:

I will miss it when I move.

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

Hubby hates Timmies. (he's the Canadian :P) The only time he goes there is when I'm with him. I love their coffee and the ice capps!

The doughnuts.. eh.. ok. I like Dunkin doughnuts better. I'm not a fan of Krispy Kreme. (back home in Huntington, WV there is Jolly Pirate doughnuts, the best on the planet!)

The sandwiches are really nothing spectacular. But a change from McDonald's or Burger King.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Timeline

I used be a huge French Vanilla drinker, but than I found Second Cup Moccachino as the best :dance: ... I cant resist Tim Hortons Cheese Croissant is really really good. I dont mind walking 20min twice a week to get one :yes:

I will miss it when I move.

Second cup Mochachino's are heaven for me..so much so i buy well i used to buy the espresso and i bought a machine and make em myself. Yummy!

HWDWm6.png

I always get either Timbits or a honey cruller. For less sweet food their cheddar cheese bagel is pretty good - also like their sandwiches and soups. It's my ritual when I'm in YVR to eat Tim Hortons before I get on the plane.

Interestingly, I'm not much of a coffee drinker but there are only 2 ways I drink my coffee: Tim Hortons (small, double double) or my future father-in-laws french press coffee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.