sepha

Airline Tickets from Ghana

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a question and I will especially appreciate help from those in the sub-Sahara and Ghana forums. You know you cant buy a ticket from delta online when the flight originates from Accra. So that one is out. I read from members on past topics who said they had success with good ticket prices from vayama or kayak. My question is can I buy a ticket from any of these sites with the flight starting in Accra and I pay for the ticket with my credit card from here? I can then forward the ticket email to my fiancee in Ghana and she can print it out. Anyone has any experience doing something like this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

When my husband was coming (2008) I bought a one-way ticket with no problems from vayama.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS ON new BABY!

Try getting a one way ticket from a very reliable travel agent here in the US. Its way cheaper than anything you will see online...I just got a one way ticket on Delta for two people from Lagos to here for Little over 1900...All the prices i was seeing online was scary

Timeline

Try getting a one way ticket from a very reliable travel agent here in the US. Its way cheaper than anything you will see online...I just got a one way ticket on Delta for two people from Lagos to here for Little over 1900...All the prices i was seeing online was scary

Thanks. That is a good suggestion. I will try that too. Yes, the ticket prices are really high especially if you are trying to buy on short notice.

Timeline

Thanks. That is a good suggestion. I will try that too. Yes, the ticket prices are really high especially if you are trying to buy on short notice.

This is the website of the travel agency that i used .http://www.mennotravelservice.com.. They name of the agent that helped me with my tickets is steve

call them ,they might be able to help you too

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Check with the airline about tickets purchased by credit. Sometimes the person checking in must show the credit card that was used for the ticket. If this is there policy you can usually go to a local airport and present yourself and the card and preclear the ticket. It would be a shame to have them miss the plane for a stupid rule like that. Also you can call Delta directly. They tend to not make online bookings for Africa because of the misuse of this by scammers but are very helpful on the phone.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Thank you Ayomide(I will check the site) and NigeriaorBust. All very good suggestions. I know about the bearer of the credit card having to show the card at the time of check in so that have me worried about buying tickets online from here for someone who will be coming from Africa. I will try to come back and update you n what I do eventually.

Sepha

Timeline

Thank you Ayomide(I will check the site) and NigeriaorBust. All very good suggestions. I know about the bearer of the credit card having to show the card at the time of check in so that have me worried about buying tickets online from here for someone who will be coming from Africa. I will try to come back and update you n what I do eventually.

Sepha

I called Delta and told them that i paid for the tickets with my Credit card here and that my family are coming from Nigeria..I was asked to go to the Delta kiosk at the Airport here to show them the card and that everything will be fine. I did that and i am good to go

Timeline

Just an update. I settled on Alitalia one way ticket I bought from Vayama for a little over $1100. Considering the short time constraints I am content with it. I could have had a return ticket for about $1400 but I dont know when she will next be returning to Ghana so it didnt make sense to me. I asked Alitalia and they said she just need to present a copy of the credit card and my ID when she checks in at the airport and I already did that. I just hope they dont give her any problems in Ghana and also she will be coming on transit from Rome. Thanks everyone for your contributions. They all figured in my final decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.