1/2Cuban

A few doubts before we file

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Just a few random questions before we file.

WE are sending AOS EAD and Advanced Parole together, but would like some feedback about so doubts......

1. We don't have copy of NOA-2, it was presented and kept by consulate during his interview. We can provide NOA-1, is this OK?

How do I note this difference.... on a sticky note????

2. We have no copy of the medical check-up required for the consulate, or any vaccination records. And they cannot be produced. He was caught up and didn't require anything new.... but since we can't prove that we're starting over like he has had none. So we have the I-693A vaccination supplement signed and stamped by the County health services (not Civil Surgeon) saying he is in the process of recieving all his vaccinations with them and will see Civil Surgeon when complete. It is in a sealed envelpe to be sent with his packet and in 6 months will be up to date and officialized by the Civil Surgeon to present at AOS interview.

Is that most likely acceptable...sufficient?

3. Form I-765 fQuestion #16 we responded (a)(6), but it states filing iwth in 90-days - we were married with in the 90 days but are not filing before they expired (9/9/06) but still well within the 180 day grace period..... so is that still the appropriate answer? Or will we be caught up in some technicality?

That's all nothing too major just a little unsure and nervous about getting it all so it's good to go!

Thank You in Advance!!!!!!!

K-1 Journey

May 2003: We fell flat on our faces for eachother.

November 2004: Decided this was really worth making it work.

April 2005: Chose to be together for ever.......just had to figure out how.

October 14, 2005: I-129F sent to NSC by DHL from Habana

October 24, 2005: NOA 1 recived

November 17, 2005: NOA 2 recieved APPROVED!

December 21, 2005: Recieved by NVC

December 30, 2005: Sent to Habana

Janauary 05, 2006: Interest Section calls to say package arrived & appt. to pick up super packet

January 10, 2006: Went to Interest Section to pick up packet

April 24, 2006: Interview Approved under condition we were not moving to Miami (interviewer was hilarious)

April 25, 2006: Picked up visa & Began the carta blanca drama

June 08 2006: Won battle for the carta blanca what a stressful month.....

June 11, 2006: POE Miami through Cancun

June 21, 2006: Enough of Miami cruised up to MN

August 25, 2006: Married in the backyard under the most gorgeous sky!

AOS Journey

January 25, 2007: AOS sent to Chicago

Janyary 29, 2007: NOA1 EAD and AOS

February 06, 2007:Request for Initial Evidence I-485 - copy NOA2 from I-129F

February 20, 2007: Sent response w/ explaination of why NOA2 was not available

March 03, 2007: Biometrics

March 12, 2007: AOS transfered to CSC

April 25, 2007: EAD arrived!

May 22, 2007: Recieved email, I-485 PENDING at CSC

March 2008: RFE of co-sponsor self-employment info

February 2008: e-filed renewal EAD

April 13 2008 Renewal EAD arrives

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just a few random questions before we file.

WE are sending AOS EAD and Advanced Parole together, but would like some feedback about so doubts......

1. We don't have copy of NOA-2, it was presented and kept by consulate during his interview. We can provide NOA-1, is this OK?

How do I note this difference.... on a sticky note????

If you don't have a copy of NOA2, request a duplicate. Here's how: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/dupapp.htm

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. You will need the NOA2, if you don't submit it they will send you an RFE for it.

2. They will not accept an I-693A filled out by someone other than a designated US Civil Surgeon. If it were me I wouldn't bother sending it and would wait to see if I got an RFE for it. Some people 'chance' it and don't bother sending one in. The results vary... some get an RFE, some don't.

3. A6 is for a fiance and for a temporary 90 day EAD, he is now your spouse. C9 is the code you want.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!

Good thing i asked about the good old NOA2, balls though... a copy of the thing cost $200, more than applying originally did!@!!!!!!!!! HA Worst part is it's not lost.. know right where it is....... just no chance of getting it back outta that sealed manilla archived somewhere or other. Whatever.

K-1 Journey

May 2003: We fell flat on our faces for eachother.

November 2004: Decided this was really worth making it work.

April 2005: Chose to be together for ever.......just had to figure out how.

October 14, 2005: I-129F sent to NSC by DHL from Habana

October 24, 2005: NOA 1 recived

November 17, 2005: NOA 2 recieved APPROVED!

December 21, 2005: Recieved by NVC

December 30, 2005: Sent to Habana

Janauary 05, 2006: Interest Section calls to say package arrived & appt. to pick up super packet

January 10, 2006: Went to Interest Section to pick up packet

April 24, 2006: Interview Approved under condition we were not moving to Miami (interviewer was hilarious)

April 25, 2006: Picked up visa & Began the carta blanca drama

June 08 2006: Won battle for the carta blanca what a stressful month.....

June 11, 2006: POE Miami through Cancun

June 21, 2006: Enough of Miami cruised up to MN

August 25, 2006: Married in the backyard under the most gorgeous sky!

AOS Journey

January 25, 2007: AOS sent to Chicago

Janyary 29, 2007: NOA1 EAD and AOS

February 06, 2007:Request for Initial Evidence I-485 - copy NOA2 from I-129F

February 20, 2007: Sent response w/ explaination of why NOA2 was not available

March 03, 2007: Biometrics

March 12, 2007: AOS transfered to CSC

April 25, 2007: EAD arrived!

May 22, 2007: Recieved email, I-485 PENDING at CSC

March 2008: RFE of co-sponsor self-employment info

February 2008: e-filed renewal EAD

April 13 2008 Renewal EAD arrives

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious...why was the NOA2 placed in the sealed envelope? My husband's NOA2 was mailed to us. We made a copy of the original and sent it with Packet 3. As for the I-693A, we didn't chance anything...we sent it in. It was done by a CS and placed in a sealed envelope and stamped " to be opened by USCIS".

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.