Sofiyya

Older Wife Interview help

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

When you apply for a K3 you also apply for the CR1. Once you receive your 1st NOA for the I 130. You send a copy of that along with the I129 and supporting evidence to your appropiate office. Mine was sent to Chicago. I guess you bypassed that step or didn't know you were suppose to apply for a K3 that way????

Considering it takes a couple of months to send things to the NVC. Maybe you still can send in your I129 to apply for a K3 I don't know how fast it would get approved though. My I130 was approved way before the I129/K3 so i just went with the CR1 and glad I did i avoided that whole AOS that is done here in the states. Anyways good luck!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Thanks, but now I'm confused :( . California processed the I-130 in 71 days, something unexpected. But now, it appears as tho success is failure.

When you apply for a K3 you also apply for the CR1. Once you receive your 1st NOA for the I 130. You send a copy of that along with the I129 and supporting evidence to your appropiate office. Mine was sent to Chicago. I guess you bypassed that step or didn't know you were suppose to apply for a K3 that way????

I knew that, but more info was coming in that I wanted to take advantage of, and the CA timelines didn't look too promising. I thought we'd have time.

Considering it takes a couple of months to send things to the NVC. Maybe you still can send in your I129 to apply for a K3 I don't know how fast it would get approved though. My I130 was approved way before the I129/K3 so i just went with the CR1 and glad I did i avoided that whole AOS that is done here in the states. Anyways good luck!

I said in the I-130 that I would be filing an I-129F in support of a K3 petition. Well, may be this is a good thing? What good are the service center timelines?

Thx!

I'm feeling very discouraged now. I know buttkiss about CR1s, and spent all my time learning about K3s. Now I know nothing again :(

Edited by szsz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks, but now I'm confused :( . California processed the I-130 in 71 days, something unexpected. But now, it appears as tho success is failure.

I knew that, but more info was coming in that I wanted to take advantage of, and the CA timelines didn't look too promising. I thought we'd have time.

I said in the I-130 that I would be filing an I-129F in support of a K3 petition. Well, may be this is a good thing? What good are the service center timelines?

Thx!

I'm feeling very discouraged now. I know buttkiss about CR1s, and spent all my time learning about K3s. Now I know nothing again :(

Now don't despair! Just get your butt in gear and prepare. I am assuming that you haven't started at the NVC yet, and that takes about 3 or 4 months, so you have time to arm yourself.

I was really excited at the prospect that your petition was approved with knowledge of your red flags, but now you are going to have to address this with the consulate. From what you have said you have several red flags. Let me see if I remember, age difference, small wedding, already petitioned someone before. Did I miss anything in the rundown?

So am I correct in assuming that you still need to process through the NVC?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Now don't despair! Just get your butt in gear and prepare. I am assuming that you haven't started at the NVC yet, and that takes about 3 or 4 months, so you have time to arm yourself.

The I-130 was approved October 3, so it's unlikely that more has been done beyond that.

I was really excited at the prospect that your petition was approved with knowledge of your red flags, but now you are going to have to address this with the consulate. From what you have said you have several red flags. Let me see if I remember, age difference, small wedding, already petitioned someone before. Did I miss anything in the rundown?

They don't know of all the red flags, that's why I'm upset. I didn't know to add them to the I-130. The more I learned about what to do, the more I held off filing the I-129F. There are several red flags and I'm bothered that I may have no effective way to address them now.

So am I correct in assuming that you still need to process through the NVC?

I suppose so. I don't really know. I was prepared for a K3, not a CR1.

Sigh!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you want to spend the extra money you still can send in the 129 with a copy of the approved 130 and in the 129 you can address your red flags. You still have a lot of time before your 130 gets through the NVC and on to the embassy in morocco. How fast your I 130 gets through the NVC depends on you and they always give you a time frame when documents are do. So if you want to wait for the K3 you can.

:lol: ####### i meant due not do. I am at work trying to type fast :(

Edited by angelk96

They don't know of all the red flags, that's why I'm upset. I didn't know to add them to the I-130. The more I learned about what to do, the more I held off filing the I-129F. There are several red flags and I'm bothered that I may have no effective way to address them now.

Red flags are not necessarily problems. It only means there is something that the consulate might raise as an issue because it occurs commonly in fraudulent cases. You can effectively address them in the interview with good solid evidence. I think most of us have something of a red flag or two and its easy to let this reality plant a seed of fear in our minds. Best to understand what might be a red flag and be prepared with factual, confident, concise answers to show the Consulate this is not a fraud case.

Wishing you a quick resolution to your situation. Remember there is always support on this board when you are feeling overwhelmed, confused, frustrated, lonely or one of a dozen other emotions that seem to raise their head during this process. (F)

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
From what I have heard, and I don't know if this is true, but the consulate doesn't get anything from the approved petitions.

Are you referring to the I-130 only? I'm confused because doesn't the consulate get the whole package from USCIS? I know that for a K1 interview, the consulate has everything that was submitted with the I-129F.

Timeline

From what I have heard, and I don't know if this is true, but the consulate doesn't get anything from the approved petitions.

Are you referring to the I-130 only? I'm confused because doesn't the consulate get the whole package from USCIS? I know that for a K1 interview, the consulate has everything that was submitted with the I-129F.

iu

I can't say I know for sure. I have heard that all they have is the approval notice, nothing else. I would hope they have it because it would make it easier so as to not have to repeat anything. Most the time on this board you have to realize that some people claim to be experts when they are not. I will always say when I am not sure when it is something I haven't had to deal with directly, or if it is simply something I have heard from here. I don't want to lead anyone astray. On the other hand I have had first hand experience with Casa, and how they return petitions. I feel confident giving guidance for people who have had this before. I have seen enough about how Casa sends back petitions when there are red flags similar to ours, so my goal is not to alarm people, but rather to prepare.

The problem with Casa is that you can have adequate proof of everything, but they often do not give you the opportunity to show your evidence. My goal in this case is to help guide her to force Casa to review the evidence. Now how to do this for sure, I don't know, I had evidence for everything but I was not prepared for the fact that they weren't going to give us the opportunity to show it. This is why I think it would be wise for anyone with significant red flags to either address them in the petition or to contact a trusted lawyer. In her case I think that contacting Marc Ellis would be a great idea. She has plenty of time to prepare and he is very experienced in these areas.

szsz, I am sorry that I have caused you so much stress. I wouldn't be saying anything at all if I didn't feel it was necessary. I am not saying at all that your petition will be sent back, I just want to help guide you so it doesn't happen. I won't tell you I have all of the answers, I don't. I just know how I would do things differently if I had the knowledge now that I do now.

Now go eat some ben and jerrys and start planning your strategy with confidence.

Edited by Morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

iu

I can't say I know for sure. I have heard that all they have is the approval notice, nothing else. I would hope they have it because it would make it easier so as to not have to repeat anything.

Wadi told me his interviewer had our entire I-129F package when he was interviewed. I can't say that this is always the case. But this one of the reasons I've theorized that Casa already has a good idea of what their ruling will be even before the interview. This is just speculation though...

Timeline

Oh, no, sweetie. I am stressing, but it's better to know, as forwarned is forearmed. I'm a realist who prefers to be prepared. I am worried that my faux pas has shifted most of the responsibility of explaining us to my husband, who is frankly more emotional and cynical than I. He has no patience for being accused and doubted, and I don't think that can be fixed by the time he has his interview. That is what upset me the most.

I took the time away to write a email to my district congressperson, who happens to be an "open borders" type. I detailed the circumstances and the fact that the ability to present evidence to refute doubts is arbitrary. Insha'allah, she will have some advice for us.

Thank you all again.

Timeline
Oh, no, sweetie. I am stressing, but it's better to know, as forwarned is forearmed. I'm a realist who prefers to be prepared. I am worried that my faux pas has shifted most of the responsibility of explaining us to my husband, who is frankly more emotional and cynical than I. He has no patience for being accused and doubted, and I don't think that can be fixed by the time he has his interview. That is what upset me the most.

I took the time away to write a email to my district congressperson, who happens to be an "open borders" type. I detailed the circumstances and the fact that the ability to present evidence to refute doubts is arbitrary. Insha'allah, she will have some advice for us.

Thank you all again.

If your congressman needs any convincing of the practice in Casa, please let me know. I would be more than happy to share my story to him/her. Once a congressman is convinced they can help watch that they actually process the case properly. They can't speed it up and they can't influence their decision, but yes they can monitor they are doing it per procedure.

BTW, I had contacted our senator after our denial. It went through a couple of his liasons before I got Juliann. She has been terrific, and she talked to the higher ups there is Casa. After telling them that our case is strong and that all of the evidence of our relationship was with my husband they admitted to her that they made an error in not reviewing our evidence. Of course by that time the petition was already sent back so it couldn't have been stopped.

Timeline
After telling them that our case is strong and that all of the evidence of our relationship was with my husband they admitted to her that they made an error in not reviewing our evidence. Of course by that time the petition was already sent back so it couldn't have been stopped.

Interesting that they continue to send back petitions without reviewing evidence when they've admitted that this is not good practice!

Filed: Timeline

iu

I can't say I know for sure. I have heard that all they have is the approval notice, nothing else. I would hope they have it because it would make it easier so as to not have to repeat anything.

Wadi told me his interviewer had our entire I-129F package when he was interviewed. I can't say that this is always the case. But this one of the reasons I've theorized that Casa already has a good idea of what their ruling will be even before the interview. This is just speculation though...

Cairo had our whole I-129F file too.

Timeline

I suppose I'll write to my Senators, too, but I didn't think of them right away, as they have more often than not provided canned answers to my concerns.

My congresswoman, however, represents a heavily immigrant district with constituants from more than 60 countries, many of them Arab and Muslim (we're near the largest Sunni masjid). Dealing with immigration issues should be routine for her, insha'allah. She may already know about Casa.

I'll post her response when it comes.

Edited by szsz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.