Darren526

US consulate Sydney does not respond to emails

14 posts in this topic

Hi;

I sent an email to the US Consulate in Sydney on the 22nd with regard to our case and whether we have been granted a visa.

They wont even respond that a visa has been granted. Just left to wait it out. I'd like to know what they have been doing all week. How long does it take them to print out a visa and stick it in the passport. And then get a package together that goes in a yellow envelope that says "Do not open".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

when was the visa approved? I checked your timeline but couldn't tell...you may just have to wait a little longer. I got mine a week after approval but others have waited a few weeks or more.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

when was the visa approved? I checked your timeline but couldn't tell...you may just have to wait a little longer. I got mine a week after approval but others have waited a few weeks or more.

My visa wasn't approved at the interview. They gave me a Refusal Worksheet 221g(They have my passport which is a good sign) saying they require a 2011 US Federal Return from my Petitioner. We have since sent that document to the consulate by email. Sent it two days after the interview. Still haven't heard anything from the consulate. Have sent emails but don't get any feedback to whether we have been granted or not. Interview was on the 13th March 2012.

Hey,

I had a problem with emailing the consulate too. They do take a while to reply but they DO reply. It took them over a week to reply to me about a question.

Good luck!

Rough Timeline
(I'm terrible with dates)

• Met online May 2008
  • Began dating August 2010
  • Met face to face July 2011
  • Became engaged October 2011
  • Filed Petition for Fiancé Visa October 2011
  • Approved case forward to Sydney Consulate February 2012 (with the wrong email address- caused a lot of stress trying fix)
  • Packet 3 sent to Consulate April 11 2012
  • Interview date sent back on April 18 2012 (according to them. I had to email to find out, which I got a reply to on April 26)
  • Interview scheduled for May 15 2012
  • Interview on May 15 2012: VISA APPROVED
  • Visa arrived in hand May 21 2012
  • Hopeful wedding date: July 7
  • Married July 7
  • Filed for AOS several days later
  • April 29, 2013: Immigration requested additional evidence (my medical)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

It took them 10 days to reply an email that I had sent. They do eventually respond but I imagine they are inundated with enquiries and I'm sure they have to check each individual case before responding.

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you can call DoS Hotline when they're open (# in my profile, click the girls, study left panel)

and

ask for casefile status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

you can call DoS Hotline when they're open (# in my profile, click the girls, study left panel)

and

ask for casefile status.

Hi Darnell

Thank you for your response. Will contact DOS if Visa doesn't turn up by Tuesday this week.

Darren :thumbs:

Timeline

so, what news from the DoS Hotline?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

my husband has emailed them twice and no response. Our interview letter doesn't state one thing that he should bring... AFter reading about your troubles, we wanted to know if our (my and my sponsor's) tax return for 2011 is supposed to be there at the interview. even though they aren't even due yet. and my sponsor hasn't done hers yet. :angry: It's a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

I feel for you. What a let down - finally get to this point and refused for a double-sided piece of paper that isn't even due to the government yet. It's funny that they get to drag their feet during this entire process, but we are supposed to be ahead of the game. pfft.

Thank you for posting your situation. It's really got my butt in gear to finish my 2011 taxes (even though it's entirely foreign earned income). And I will be sending this registered post to the IRS so I have documentation that I 'actually sent it in'. I just wonder why they targeted you for this 2011 tax return. When others weren't asked at all. Do you have a sponsor? Did he forget to file in the past? Did he and/or the sponsor send the past 3 years of tax info to the NVC or only 1?

Crappy situation that seems just unfair. Hoping for a speedy grant :)

Edited by milopnkr

06-Jan-2010: Moved to Australia on fiancee visa

18-Apr-2010: Married

09-Nov-2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

24-Nov-2011: Received NOA-1 via email, file routed to CSC (priority date Nov 22)

06-Dec-2011: Received NOA-1 via mail in Australia

07-Dec-2011: Received NOA-2 via email

16-Dec-2011: Received NOA-2 via mail in Australia

09-Jan-2012: Received NVC case number

09-Jan-2012: Emailed completed DS-3032

10-Jan-2012: Received I-864 Bill

10-Jan-2012: Pay I-864 Bill

12-Jan-2012: Accepted DS-3032/Receive IV Bill

12-Jan-2012: Pay IV Bill

11-Feb-2012: Mailed I-864 & IV

13-Feb-2012: I-864 & IV received at NVC

16-Feb-2012: RFE

27-Feb-2012: Sent response to RFE

05-Mar-2012: Case complete

03-Apr-2012: Interview *Approved*

21-May-2012: POE-Dallas

08-Jun-2012: Received SSN & Welcome letter

11-Jun-2012: Received Green Card. Done.

Timeline

So, what news from the DoS Hotline ?

So, what news from the DoS Hotline ?

My wife spoke to DoS helpline. They said on their system it showed that they could see that we hadn't sent the signed Tax return. We said that we have sent that to the Consulate. It's just not showing up on the DoS system yet. They also advised us to send a Tax transcript to the Consulate.

We have ordered a Tax Transcript, just waiting on it to turn up in the post and then we can forward an email to the Consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.