gcox457

JFK K1 POE experience

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all,

My Sweetie is now home with me and we've been enjoying each other's company (at last!!) for this past week. I've finally got a few minutes of computer time to share my observation of the POE experience at JFK last week for the archives.

We both filled out separate customs forms...since I wasn't sure if we could technically share one since it said "one per family". The CBP officer at the passport control booth mentioned that normally she wouldn't process the 2 of us together because of the separate customs forms, but she would do so in our case (guess she was feeling generous).

She stamped my passport...welcome home...yay. Then we get to Kseniya's stuff. Oh...K-1...here we go. Passport is read and re-read about 3 times. Get out the "brown envelope". There's all the paperwork from our visa application...and the CBP officer reads through all of that stuff about 3 times, taking special care to read the pages with the huge read stamps that said "APPROVED" extra slowly. She didn't ask to see the X-ray, although we had it ready. After all of that, we are sent to the far left of the area to talk to another CBP officer. We walk all the way down...and he seems a lot friendlier than the previous lady. We tell him that Kseniya is K-1, and ask where to go from there. He sends us down a "hallway", which was just a cordoned-off area that was still open-air with respect to the luggage reclaim area. I ask if I can go with Kseniya...he answers "only if you want to". After being on a 10-hour plane ride...that was far more hilarious to me at the time than it probably seems to you reading it.

Anyway, we walk, and walk, and walk some more...finally get to the far end of the luggage area, in the far left corner of the room, where there is a information desk with 2 more CBP officers. Kseniya hands over all her stuff (passport, etc) to one of them, and they direct us to have a seat in the waiting area (just airport terminal-style chairs a few feet away from their desk) and hang out while they process the paperwork. After about 10 minutes, they call us up...and I ask if they had given Kseniya a EA stamp...and yep...sure did. "Welcome to America" for Kseniya, and there are two very happy campers.

We get our luggage, breeze through customs without a second glance...and it's off for the rest of our trip (which turned out to be quite an adventure..though I'll save that story for another time).

No "interrogation" in the back room was called for in our case...we were both amazed on how easy it was.

Anywho...hope that helps a bit for anyone planning on going through JFK. "Your mileage may vary", but I found the whole experience very easy, professional, and smooth.

Cheers!

-Gary

Kseniya (Ukraine) and Gary (USA)

05-27-2005 I-129F package arrives at TSC signed for by "M.S."

...A bunch of waiting and worrying...

10-14-2005 Passport with K-1 Visa delivered

02-14-2006 Everyone is home!

03-04-2006 Wedding date!

07-25-2006 AOS/AP package FINALLY completed and sent

08-04-2006 AOS/AP NOA's received

11-06-2006 Interview Successful!

11-13-2006 Welcome to America letter received

that was pretty smooth enjoy your wknd and Welcome to the US of A

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats and glad to hear you are both enjoying your reunion!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on your reunion. Glad entry into the US went smoothly....

Enjoy the new journey....

Moondancer

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
That was pretty smoothe, hope mine goes just as well at Seatac on Wednesday.

Janice

good luck Janice!

Hi all,

My Sweetie is now home with me and we've been enjoying each other's company (at last!!) for this past week. I've finally got a few minutes of computer time to share my observation of the POE experience at JFK last week for the archives.

We both filled out separate customs forms...since I wasn't sure if we could technically share one since it said "one per family". The CBP officer at the passport control booth mentioned that normally she wouldn't process the 2 of us together because of the separate customs forms, but she would do so in our case (guess she was feeling generous).

She stamped my passport...welcome home...yay. Then we get to Kseniya's stuff. Oh...K-1...here we go. Passport is read and re-read about 3 times. Get out the "brown envelope". There's all the paperwork from our visa application...and the CBP officer reads through all of that stuff about 3 times, taking special care to read the pages with the huge read stamps that said "APPROVED" extra slowly. She didn't ask to see the X-ray, although we had it ready. After all of that, we are sent to the far left of the area to talk to another CBP officer. We walk all the way down...and he seems a lot friendlier than the previous lady. We tell him that Kseniya is K-1, and ask where to go from there. He sends us down a "hallway", which was just a cordoned-off area that was still open-air with respect to the luggage reclaim area. I ask if I can go with Kseniya...he answers "only if you want to". After being on a 10-hour plane ride...that was far more hilarious to me at the time than it probably seems to you reading it.

Anyway, we walk, and walk, and walk some more...finally get to the far end of the luggage area, in the far left corner of the room, where there is a information desk with 2 more CBP officers. Kseniya hands over all her stuff (passport, etc) to one of them, and they direct us to have a seat in the waiting area (just airport terminal-style chairs a few feet away from their desk) and hang out while they process the paperwork. After about 10 minutes, they call us up...and I ask if they had given Kseniya a EA stamp...and yep...sure did. "Welcome to America" for Kseniya, and there are two very happy campers.

We get our luggage, breeze through customs without a second glance...and it's off for the rest of our trip (which turned out to be quite an adventure..though I'll save that story for another time).

No "interrogation" in the back room was called for in our case...we were both amazed on how easy it was.

Anywho...hope that helps a bit for anyone planning on going through JFK. "Your mileage may vary", but I found the whole experience very easy, professional, and smooth.

Cheers!

-Gary

congratulations! so happy that the poe was a smooth transition! happy reunion!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.