Dumb/Dumber

SENATOR RECEIVED INFORMATION FROM EMBASSY

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I suggest you go for his interview. Take with you some NOTARIZED sworn of affidavits from people who can state your relationship is genuine,and get some affidavits from his family as well,when your families know about your relationship, it makes it look genuine.

If he is a member from some church or mosque he can ask an affidavit from his priest/imam stating his is a person of good moral character. IF your husband owns a house in his home Country or have a business then ask him to make a WILL, and he should name you as a primary beneficiary, if he has something substantial in his name the WILL can help to prove a bonafide marriage, because a scammer won't never WILL name you as a beneficiary, and you will be able to prove to the US Consulate that your marriage is a bonafide marriage.

If you will be there for his interview make sure he knows basics things about you and you about him, because sometimes peoples do not pay attention to little details like what company do you work, for how long, how many hours do you work every day, what College did you attended,what does he plan to do once get you in the US? what's the name of your parents/siblings,what's the name of your best friend, your religion, do you go to church? how often? what are your hobbies? and you should know everything about him as well.

Take care

Sandra

Thank you so much. This is great advice. The wonderful thing is my husband knows my entire life story. He is a great husband who talks to me at least three times a day and never forgets anything about me. But they never asked him anything about me at his first interview. I pray we get a second chance.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Actually from what I read of other MENA relationships in a similar situation, you want a second interview.

Provide the Embassy in Turkey with every single thing you have and request they give you a second interview, tell them you will be there. Attend the interview and expect it to be a Stokes Interview. They will separate you guys and ask very personal and probing questions.

If the petition is returned to USCIS then you want it reaffirmed because that gets you a second interview and USCIS will have confirmed the validity of your relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.