duriantaste

After she came to USA.

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My now wife came from the Philippines last summer. Before she came to USA, I was a bit nervous about her getting home sick. I leave home to work early in the morning and come back early in the evening. I read so many stories here in VJ about HS and that really got me worried. In my area, I didn't know any one from the Philippines before she came here that was worrying me a bit more.

Good thing these days we have FB, EBAY, Yahoo-messenger, skype, and so on. It makes it easier for her to keep in touch with her family and friends back in the Philippines. (Ebay ?? continue reading and you will understand)

She is young but she likes to work. She likes to feel useful and busy like many of the ladies here. She is a strong believers that people need to find opportunities no matter what the situation is (That is a beautiful positive way to look at things).

She also knows there is only one income in the house. I don't own my business. I am a 9 to 5 employee.

She has about 8 months in USA. About a month after she came to USA, she told me she needed some money, I jokingly said, why? do you have a date?. She just smiled at me. She then explained that since she didn't have working paper, had so much free time on her hands, she wanted to make a good use of that free time. Instead of going through depression and things of that nature. She always was thinking of a way to utilize so much free time. Seriously guys? how much cooking and cleaning can some one do in a day?

After she explained to me, I told her not to worry that I was going to give the money she wanted. She looked at me with her eyes wide open "REALLY". (The amount was very low. Wait she keeps on thinking of dollars to pesos conversion)

Suddenly, everything changed. The empty closet we have in the house is no longer empty. Her desk is no longer occupies with decorative items but with folders and receipts and things like that. The land line phone is no longer collecting dust because lack of usage. She started a very very very small online business. With one customer/person. I meant we are talking about $75 or $100 profit not much but it is something to keep her busy. My friends tell me to keep supporting her and let her continue do what she is doing because she is happy like that. She looks busy which is something pretty good. What happened next? That customer/person told another person, that other person told another person, and the wheel still spinning & turning. (Who will complain about free ads?)

I thought she was going to spend her profit on daily things that we really don't need. Instead, she opened a little store in the Philippines and hired those members in her family who don't have a job. She has few more ideas but they are on baby steps now. But knowing her, she likes to walk the talk. I need to admit, I am learning many things from her. She is a lot younger than I am. She is in her mid 20's.

I am so happy for her. I know for many of you that is not a big deal. For her, accomplishing what she did in less than a year, is a big deal. I think she found one of the formulas to ease the feeling of staying home alone during week days.

On a personal note: I thought she was not going to survive more than 3 months in USA. I was always thinking how could I pull a rabbit under my hat and makes something good out of the first few months. I did not have do anything. She managed to come up with some ideas.

Good job my amazona lady :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's so nice to hear! I'm glad that you two are so happy and growing together!

I wish you two the best.

Anthony & Paula

I-129F sent: 01/17/2012
NOA1: 01/23/2012
NOA2: 05/30/2012
Interview: 08/07/2012 - APROVED
POE: 09/05/2012
----
Wedding: 10/24/2012
AOS/EAD/AP sent: 11/14/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012
EAD/AP received: 01/28/2013

GC Approved: 08/30/2013

GC Received: 09/11/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

and there was me thinking that all immigrants where lazy and just after a greencard and a life of luxury :bonk: and by the way i am joking before anyone gets in a boo about it

you know after all the horror stories you read on here about the immigrant changing when they reach the US, it is really good to hear a story where the person changed in a good way and made the most of the situation they where in :thumbs:

keep supporting her man...you have a winner :thumbs:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

and there was me thinking that all immigrants where lazy and just after a greencard and a life of luxury :bonk: and by the way i am joking before anyone gets in a boo about it

you know after all the horror stories you read on here about the immigrant changing when they reach the US, it is really good to hear a story where the person changed in a good way and made the most of the situation they where in :thumbs:

keep supporting her man...you have a winner :thumbs:

I hear you, this is welcome news. I am the beneficiary and I read all of this awful tales on here about what people do to the people they supposedly love and it just breaks my heart I always share them with my fiance because they bug me so much that then more and more people are going to not take a chance on love because of these bad stories they keep hearing.

Thanks for sharing your very encouraging tale and letting people know that there are happy endings with the right person.

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

Timeline

PA, RM, and DJ,

Thank you very much. I am still in a state of shock. I had many sleepless night before she came. I was too worried/concerned to leave her home alone.

Don't take me wrong, we have few small arguments every now and then. After all, we are just a pair of people sharing the same house. Like she says "we are a pair of 'dis'" :) We have few "'dis'like" but we are learning to live like that in a jokingly-agreeable way. :)

Edited by duriantaste

Timeline

Looks like a Winning Team.... :thumbs:

April 02, 2011 10:13AM I-129F Mailed to USCIS Dallas, Texas

April 04, 2011 12:25PM Delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX signed by C.Thornquist

April 08, 2011 12:20AM NOA1 (notification by email)

April 08, 2011 Personal Check USCIS, Credited from account.

April 11, 2011 11:52AM Rec I-797C, Notice of Action by mail. NOA1 Notice Date April 06, 2011

Sept. 23, 2011 Notification of Approval of NOA2 (Text Message)

Jan. 03, 2012 K1 Visa APPROVED (USA EMBASSY MANILA)

March 21, 2012 POE Dallas, Texas

event.png

Filed: Timeline

The conversion in unavoidable at first. Hahahaha

I was stunned that a loaf bread here in CA could cost 200 pesos when by large it was around 50 pesos or less in the Philippines

You are lucky. You got a lady who will take care of you in your old age and not send you to home care facilities like many Americans do.

Timeline

Thanks for all the comments.

I guess it has to do with the usage of free time they have on their hands. For some reason, lady amazona found a way to use her free time.

Bye for now, she has no rice. She is giving me the silent treatment because I don't get my behind to the supermarket and get her Jasmin Rice. :bonk:

Timeline

Hello everyone,

My now wife came from the Philippines last summer. Before she came to USA, I was a bit nervous about her getting home sick. I leave home to work early in the morning and come back early in the evening. I read so many stories here in VJ about HS and that really got me worried. In my area, I didn't know any one from the Philippines before she came here that was worrying me a bit more.

Good thing these days we have FB, EBAY, Yahoo-messenger, skype, and so on. It makes it easier for her to keep in touch with her family and friends back in the Philippines. (Ebay ?? continue reading and you will understand)

She is young but she likes to work. She likes to feel useful and busy like many of the ladies here. She is a strong believers that people need to find opportunities no matter what the situation is (That is a beautiful positive way to look at things).

She also knows there is only one income in the house. I don't own my business. I am a 9 to 5 employee.

She has about 8 months in USA. About a month after she came to USA, she told me she needed some money, I jokingly said, why? do you have a date?. She just smiled at me. She then explained that since she didn't have working paper, had so much free time on her hands, she wanted to make a good use of that free time. Instead of going through depression and things of that nature. She always was thinking of a way to utilize so much free time. Seriously guys? how much cooking and cleaning can some one do in a day?

After she explained to me, I told her not to worry that I was going to give the money she wanted. She looked at me with her eyes wide open "REALLY". (The amount was very low. Wait she keeps on thinking of dollars to pesos conversion)

Suddenly, everything changed. The empty closet we have in the house is no longer empty. Her desk is no longer occupies with decorative items but with folders and receipts and things like that. The land line phone is no longer collecting dust because lack of usage. She started a very very very small online business. With one customer/person. I meant we are talking about $75 or $100 profit not much but it is something to keep her busy. My friends tell me to keep supporting her and let her continue do what she is doing because she is happy like that. She looks busy which is something pretty good. What happened next? That customer/person told another person, that other person told another person, and the wheel still spinning & turning. (Who will complain about free ads?)

I thought she was going to spend her profit on daily things that we really don't need. Instead, she opened a little store in the Philippines and hired those members in her family who don't have a job. She has few more ideas but they are on baby steps now. But knowing her, she likes to walk the talk. I need to admit, I am learning many things from her. She is a lot younger than I am. She is in her mid 20's.

I am so happy for her. I know for many of you that is not a big deal. For her, accomplishing what she did in less than a year, is a big deal. I think she found one of the formulas to ease the feeling of staying home alone during week days.

On a personal note: I thought she was not going to survive more than 3 months in USA. I was always thinking how could I pull a rabbit under my hat and makes something good out of the first few months. I did not have do anything. She managed to come up with some ideas.

Good job my amazona lady :thumbs:

Sounds like this is written my d wife and she trying to make herself look good.

Hope she not hurt her arm patting herself on d back :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by Magic Power

Timeline

Speaking of silent treatment, wonder how you guys cope with it? It's very common in the Philippines, not just with husband-wife but with anyone :whistle:

I only know about my wife. What she told me from the beginning was to give her few hours and things will fall in place. What I am learning is, when she is in that mode, I do the things she likes and sooner or later she will come and join me. But it takes many trials and errors.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just an awesome story to hear. Yea Ebay was put to good use.

51AFrvQvVJL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

I only know about my wife. What she told me from the beginning was to give her few hours and things will fall in place. What I am learning is, when she is in that mode, I do the things she likes and sooner or later she will come and join me. But it takes many trials and errors.

You have way too much patients.

For Me I am the Man in the Relationship, the Alpha.

My gurl is told and understands, that it is my way or the highway.

I will punish or scold her if she try the old silent treatmeant, for me I deal punishment quickly and swiftly, This is what a Pinay gurl knows and appreciates.

Timeline

You have way too much patients.

For Me I am the Man in the Relationship, the Alpha.

My gurl is told and understands, that it is my way or the highway.

I will punish or scold her if she try the old silent treatmeant, for me I deal punishment quickly and swiftly, This is what a Pinay gurl knows and appreciates.

Whatever it works for you that is fine. Good thing there are many methods/ways to work around those problems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.