Henia

Friday thread

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

So what exactly is the NOA1. Basically my chain of events was this:

1. Lawyer mails it out

2. Lawyer emails me that he received I797 and we are processed and have a case number that I can check on the USCIS website

3. Lawyer emails me today saying it was approved, when I log onto the website and type in the number it says "I129-F" current status: Approved

My lawyer did say it was fast, but that he expected Vermont to go pretty fast...He said next stop is National Visa Center then Embassy

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
So what exactly is the NOA1. Basically my chain of events was this:

1. Lawyer mails it out

2. Lawyer emails me that he received I797 and we are processed and have a case number that I can check on the USCIS website

3. Lawyer emails me today saying it was approved, when I log onto the website and type in the number it says "I129-F" current status: Approved

My lawyer did say it was fast, but that he expected Vermont to go pretty fast...He said next stop is National Visa Center then Embassy

NOA1 is the reciept date of your application at the USCIS. They send this notice out when they have recieved your application, they assign you a USCIS case number.

The next course of action would be to get an NOA2 (approval notice) that is if they don't send you an RFE. Seeing as you have an attorney, you most likely have all your ducks in a row. If the online status says approved, then I am pretty sure you are. I just hope its not a glitch. Its just surprising that they would approved a case that was send in on the 20th of Sept because it hasnt even been 2 weeks. But who knows maybe you got lucky! (F)

Anyhoo, look for your NOA2 in the mail to confirm it or the letter from the NVC.

I just checked the CIS website and it looks like Vermont is now processing cases from March 2006 for 129F applications. The last time that site was updated was Sept 19 so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

I'm not sure if I would call the CIS or not, it might be like shooting yourself in the foot. :lol: Either way, congrats!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Lets hope its not a glitch haha...Ill talk to my lawyer on Tuesday to check. If it was in fact approved then the next thing we will be dealing with is the embassy right?

Yeah I checked the USCIS site as well the other day and when I saw March got all upset. Do you guys really think this could be a mistake? Maybe my lawyer mixed up our case number or something??

Thanks for the advice :)

Edited by chris4336

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Lets hope its not a glitch haha...Ill talk to my lawyer on Tuesday to check. If it was in fact approved then the next thing we will be dealing with is the embassy right?

Yeah I checked the USCIS site as well the other day and when I saw March got all upset. Do you guys really think this could be a mistake? Maybe my lawyer mixed up our case number or something??

Lets just hope it wasn't a mistake... :luv: If it was approved, the NVC will be the next step, then the Embassy. I think Algeria moves quite fast too from I have seen.

Lawyers have been known to make mistakes in the past but you never know.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There have beenfast approvals through Vermont, even recently. Even though there are still some people who filed back in March who have not gotten approved, they are processing the recent applications as well. If your case status says approved online, I'd be inclined to believe it.

And actually, that timeframe is not far off from how fast Vermont typically processes. We went through VSC in less than three weeks.

Happy friday to all!!!! Im sooo thrilled to announce that today was officially my last day of "Schooling" for TCF Bank....10 days in a desk was soooo boring, but, it was paid so i cannot complain right? Monday marks my first day in the bank and im soo excited for it...Sofyan is working late tonight...what else is new...our kitchen is tore apart so, we have been forced to eat out for the past two days and it will continue until this guy finishes our cabinets and paints which should probably be sunday....it kinda sucks for sofyan to break his fast with chinese food or fried chicken, but i dont know what else i can do.....hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.