BBCC

SSN quickly

4 posts in this topic

Using the procedure posted here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/334804-how-to-quickly-get-your-ssn/

We went to the local social security office to attempt to obtain my wife's new SSN five days after arrival.

The counter clerk we spoke to found the application and informed us that the application is in process, that there is no number assigned yet, that they are not allowed to give us the number if they could see it and that we must wait for the card to arrive.

It has now been almost five weeks since POE. Is there anything else we can do to obtain the number?

Thanks!

Done: I-130/CR-1, I-751/ROC

Done: I-327

Using the procedure posted here: http://www.visajourn...y-get-your-ssn/

We went to the local social security office to attempt to obtain my wife's new SSN five days after arrival.

The counter clerk we spoke to found the application and informed us that the application is in process, that there is no number assigned yet, that they are not allowed to give us the number if they could see it and that we must wait for the card to arrive.

It has now been almost five weeks since POE. Is there anything else we can do to obtain the number?

Thanks!

Another example of a SSA clerk not knowing the difference between a hole in the ground and his ehem! sorry. We went back a couple of weeks after applying for the SSC and the clerk gave us a print out of the number. We then had them deliver the card to their local office just in case mail was not being delivered. As a matter of fact some mail addressed to my wife was being returned by the letter carrier becasue her name was not on the mailbox. I would first check with the local postoffice to make certain all mail is being delivered. Next I would go back to the local SSA office and ask for a printout of the SSN and check where the card is. I even asked them if I could pay to have it mailed by some tackable method and gave them an earful because they do not and will not ship via a secure trackable method. I would also take notes so if you have any problems you can e-mail the main SSA website to see how they can assist you in getting this resolved.

Good luck,

Dave

The excuse the clerk made was that the application was being processed in a different part of the country, that we would have to wait until they had completed the application process to get the number and that they do no longer provide printouts. Maybe if we go to a different office/different clerk, our results will be different.

Thanks.

Done: I-130/CR-1, I-751/ROC

Done: I-327

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

We are having difficulty getting my husband's card and number. He got his green card already, we went back to the SS office, they said keep waiting and they will eventually figure it out....

I am wondering if there is anything else we can do to motivate them!?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.