GinFar

Making an EAD appt. at Service Center through Info Pass

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband got his NOA letter this week, one week after sending the I-485 to Chicago. Our service center in Florida processes I-765 applications here and we were told it would go through faster making an appointment via InfoPass at the www.uscis.gov site after he received the letter. My question is....once we go to this site, we don't know which he chooses:

Please select type of appointment.

You have received an approval letter or Form I-797 from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

You have a question about your case.

You need to file an application for yourself or someone else.

You need an immigration form.

It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card.

You need to replace your Permanent Resident Card.

You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

----------------------

If he chooses "you need to file an application..." it directs him to e-file, and I know they need to see the NOA letter to process the I-765. The letter is not an approval letter but it is a I-797C, so does he choose the first? When he does that, it begins to verify his immigration information, and we don't want to go this far until we're sure.

I-129F Sent: Nov. 14, 2005 - Approved: March 21, 2006 - Visa Received: Jun. 18, 2006 - US Entry: July 23, 2006 at JFK

MARRIED: AUG. 12, 2006 12:00 PM - AOS Filed: Sept. 27, 2006 NOA: Oct. 02, 2006 - Approved: YES~! - Green Card Received: Nov. 11, 2006

EAD e-Filed: Oct. 07, 2006 - NOA: Oct. 10, 2006 - Approved? - Ignored by USCIS as AOS came 1st - free money for USCIS~!

LIFTING CONDITIONS - I-751 Sent: Aug. 27, 2008 - APPROVED: May 27, 2009 - RECEIVED: July 13, 2009

NATURALIZATION - N-400 Filed: Oct. 18, 2011

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Lots of people are making appointments at their local service centers for a faster EAD Kezzie. (F)

In order to process your I-765, they need proof you have filed your I-485; hence, showing them the letter of receipt.

I-129F Sent: Nov. 14, 2005 - Approved: March 21, 2006 - Visa Received: Jun. 18, 2006 - US Entry: July 23, 2006 at JFK

MARRIED: AUG. 12, 2006 12:00 PM - AOS Filed: Sept. 27, 2006 NOA: Oct. 02, 2006 - Approved: YES~! - Green Card Received: Nov. 11, 2006

EAD e-Filed: Oct. 07, 2006 - NOA: Oct. 10, 2006 - Approved? - Ignored by USCIS as AOS came 1st - free money for USCIS~!

LIFTING CONDITIONS - I-751 Sent: Aug. 27, 2008 - APPROVED: May 27, 2009 - RECEIVED: July 13, 2009

Filed: Timeline

well as the local offices are no longer processing EAD I can see how that can be and as the EAD is sent to the same place as the AOS they will already know you have a NOA1 for EAD and AOS...

But hey good luck... just dont be too disapointed when you get told you are mistaken....

Kezzie

Timeline

OK, I bow to the expert...hehe. But IF you are wrong....it happens like that too. I've done my homework on this.

I never said we have an NOA for the EAD, because we only filed the I-485. We're filing the I-765 here, with the NOA letter for the I-485. It seems you have all the answers for everyone at VJ, even after you got your GC in July.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

May I ask where you heard that you would be able to do this? I've never heard of it either. As far as I was aware, I-765's must be sent to Chicago. I know it used to be that local offices issued EAD's, but not anymore.

Timeline

Talking to 3 different agents at 1-800-375-5283 AND from the guides tab here on VJ...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

----------

"Some local offices may allow you to submit your I-765 locally with your NOA from the I-485. In this case you would not file the I-765 with the Adjustment of Status Package. You would wait for the NOA from the AOS package and bring it with your completed I-765 to your local office. This means you can possibly have the EAD processed faster (however you will have to wait for the NOA and the local office will also have to allow this)."

OK, I bow to the expert...hehe. But IF you are wrong....it happens like that too. I've done my homework on this.

I never said we have an NOA for the EAD, because we only filed the I-485. We're filing the I-765 here, with the NOA letter for the I-485. It seems you have all the answers for everyone at VJ, even after you got your GC in July.

So sorry you think I have the answers for everyone... do know what getting my greencard in July has to do with anything....

But I sugest you go and re-read the instructions for filing for I-765 Alone....

Form I-765 Filed Alone:

If your employment-based Form I-485 is pending, file yourForm I-765 at the same Service Center currently processingyour Form I-485. Include a copy of your receipt notice. Ifyour employment-based Form I-485 has been transferred to alocal office, file your Form I-765 at the Service Center fromwhich your Form I-485 was transferred.

In all other cases, if your response to Question 16 is ©(9),

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries(e.g. private couriers):

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn.: FBASI427 S.

LaSalle - 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Sorry if you dont like my help.....

Kezzie

Talking to 3 different agents at 1-800-375-5283 AND from the guides tab here on VJ...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

----------

"Some local offices may allow you to submit your I-765 locally with your NOA from the I-485. In this case you would not file the I-765 with the Adjustment of Status Package. You would wait for the NOA from the AOS package and bring it with your completed I-765 to your local office. This means you can possibly have the EAD processed faster (however you will have to wait for the NOA and the local office will also have to allow this)."

This information is out of date..... read the filing instructions....

Kezzie

Timeline

Ok, I'll tell the 3 agents that I talked to in the last 2 weeks that Kezzie can't be wrong because she's already been through all of this. I suggest maybe you should actually read what I typed from the beginning.

Ok fine I am wrong..... good luck with getting your EAD speeded up....

You may want to do a search on here for the number of times the 0800 has been wrong and gives out totaly the wrong info....

but hey its nothing to me if you have a wasted journey to infopass....

Kezzie

Timeline

If the information on VJ is out of date, then I suppose the information the 3 USCIS agents told me by phone is incorrect also?

If it's nothing to you, then why do you stay on VJ constantly informing everyone of your vast knowledge and caring advice? Really, I appreciate your "help", and if you're right, I'll gladly come back and tell you. You have been referring to this as "speeding up the I-765", I'm only telling you what the Orlando office can do according to USCIS agents. The average processing time filed directly at a local office, providing that office processes I-765s tends to be faster than when filing along with the I-485. It's not a wasted trip there for us.

Just for info....

Public Notice

July 28, 2006

(Revised August 9, 2006)

USCIS REMINDS CUSTOMERS OF FILING CHANGE FOR EMPLOYMENT

AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENTS

Local Offices To Stop Processing and Producing EADs

Washington, DC – In November 2004, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published a

notice in the Federal Register informing the public that, as of April 1, 2005, individuals must file

Applications for Employment Authorization, (Forms I-765) at one of the four USCIS Service Centers or

the National Benefits Center (via the Chicago Lockbox). The instructions to Form I-765, Application for

Employment Authorization, with addendum, have reflected this change since then. In the interim, some

USCIS offices have continued to accept employment authorization applications and have produced

Employment Authorization Cards (Form I-688B) using local systems.

Why Eliminate Local Filings?

USCIS is discontinuing local production of the Form I-688B Employment Authorization Card (EAC) in

favor of the Form I-766 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) produced at one central location

using national systems. The locally produced I-688B lacks security features and is not well suited to

employment verification by employers.

Final Implementation

Offices that have continued to accept applications locally may, in their discretion, continue to accept

certain employment authorization applications until October 1, 2006. After September 1, 2006, however,

such local offices will no longer process those cases and will only forward them for Service Centers

processing. Customers seeking the fastest service should send their applications directly to the

appropriate Service Center or Chicago Lockbox as indicated on the Form I-765 instructions. As of

October 1, 2006, USCIS local offices will no longer accept any Form I-765 filings. Local Offices will

work with community, legal and law enforcement organizations to eliminate local filings of Form I-765.

I am still not sure why you think that because I was approved in Nov 2005 I should not be here anymore.... my journey is not over until I become a citizen....

Kezzie

Edited by Kezzie

Timeline

Good luck with your citizenship. ;)

You should not presume someone thinks you shouldn't be here anymore. I don't own this site.

I've met a lot of people who love being right no matter what. If that's your thing...good for you.

I'll be happy to let you know you're right today when I get a professional answer to this.

I hope you're having a good life here and have many other things to do also.

wow - I am totally confused reading this!! :lol: Good luck to GinFar, seriously, however I think you have been mislead by the helpline, but anxiously await to see results in Orlando. I do want to point out to you that Kezzie has provided you FACTS from the USCIS website, not just some random immigration-uneducated rep on the UNhelpful line (they do call it the UNhelp line for a reason!).

Please note that you can file your EAD locally as the memo states, however see verbiage below:

such local offices will no longer process those cases and will only forward them for Service Centers processing. Customers seeking the fastest service should send their applications directly to the

appropriate Service Center or Chicago Lockbox as indicated on the Form I-765 instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.