Johnta

Life After Noa2 ?? Financial questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, we all wait with great eagerness for that ol' NOA2. Then 'Post NOA2 Limbo' arrives with its own tensions--waiting--and QUESTIONS!

I have a financial scenario I'd appreciate your comments upon:

I am self employed in construction. Income varies from year-to-year. I am also remodeling the house that I own (major project) in my 'spare' time. In the last two years I've taken off from work many days per month to work on the house. Consequently my income is way down.

Last years (2005) 1040 tax form shows me a slightly BELOW the requisite $16,500 (125% of poverty rate).

However--THIS year--2006-- I'll be around $36,000+ --well over the poverty bottome line. My BANK statement/summary will show this income but I don't have a 1040 to back it up yet of course.

Also--even though lots of money came in---most of it went back OUT again---sunk into building materials etc--so I'll only have 7 or 8 thousand in the bank---my true "savings account" is the house in which I have about $50,000 in equity.

Question---- will this 'fly' ? Will I be considered as having enough to support my fiancee--with low income on last year's tax form and small savings?

My best friend earns a MUCH higher salary and I'm sure he would be willing to co-sponser my fiancee---should I just play it safe and go ahead and have him do that considering the circumstances?

Thanks Friends!

John in SC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

With me...the two tax returns were above the poverty line but since I've gone back to school, this years will be under it. i'm having my dad co-sponsor for me just in case. I'm not going to leave any room for my fiance to not be approved

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, we all wait with great eagerness for that ol' NOA2. Then 'Post NOA2 Limbo' arrives with its own tensions--waiting--and QUESTIONS!

I have a financial scenario I'd appreciate your comments upon:

I am self employed in construction. Income varies from year-to-year. I am also remodeling the house that I own (major project) in my 'spare' time. In the last two years I've taken off from work many days per month to work on the house. Consequently my income is way down.

Last years (2005) 1040 tax form shows me a slightly BELOW the requisite $16,500 (125% of poverty rate).

However--THIS year--2006-- I'll be around $36,000+ --well over the poverty bottome line. My BANK statement/summary will show this income but I don't have a 1040 to back it up yet of course.

Also--even though lots of money came in---most of it went back OUT again---sunk into building materials etc--so I'll only have 7 or 8 thousand in the bank---my true "savings account" is the house in which I have about $50,000 in equity.

Question---- will this 'fly' ? Will I be considered as having enough to support my fiancee--with low income on last year's tax form and small savings?

My best friend earns a MUCH higher salary and I'm sure he would be willing to co-sponser my fiancee---should I just play it safe and go ahead and have him do that considering the circumstances?

Thanks Friends!

John in SC

John-

I just heard that Morocco doesnt ask for the affidavit of support, at least that what i heard its been like this for a real short time i am going to call and check on it in the morning... i just checked under the embassy info at top of page, and checked under ukrain. thats right your fiancee is from there and it doesnt say anything about the affidavit of support. i was told that they now ask for it when u adjust status in the U.S.... my best thouhgt is to call the ukrain embassy and check that out, dont for get to use your assets!!!

best of luck!!

Michelle/Otman

AOS

02/06/2007 - sent AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/14/2007 - fees came through the bank, it's rolling!!

02/20/2007 - letter for Biometrics appointment on 03/01/2007

03/01/2007 - Biometrics appointment was painless

03/10/2007 - NOA1 AOS was transferred to CSC!!!!

03/28/2007 - touched AOS

03/29/2007 - touched AOS

04/06/2007 - welcoming letter (by email)

04/11/2007 - AOS approval (by email)

04/12/2007 - 2yr. green card in hand...omg!!

06/29/2007 - bought our new house

Mr. & Mrs. Otman Elaroussi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_K1K2_eng.html

You can download Packets 3 and 4 and check them out.

• 7. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT FOR FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICANTS: Any evidence from your American spouse/fiancé(e) which will show the consular officer that you and members of your family who will accompany you will not become public charges while in the United States. Documentation regarding financial support can be in any form – preferably three years of tax returns, bank statements, earning statements, letters from employers. PRESENTING ONLY THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134 FORM IS NOT SUFFICIENT. The I-864 form is not required for a fiancé(e) visa.

From their instructions (downloadable file found there).

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.