jg_am

New letter of intent

8 posts in this topic

Hi all. I was wondering if there are any specific instructions for the new letter of intent that comes with packet 4. My fiancee is close to getting an interview date :( and I'd like to get it to her sooner rather than later in case there's an issue with the mail. Thanks in advance for the help.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Seems to me the "new" letter of intent and acceptance letters will look a whole lot like the original ones in the I-129F, just with a later date on them.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Seems to me the "new" letter of intent and acceptance letters will look a whole lot like the original ones in the I-129F, just with a later date on them.

Yes. Example can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Does my fiancee also have to write a new letter of intent with package 4? Or just me as the petitioner? Thanks

Yes. Example can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

For us, we both wrote a new letter of "intent".

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

An updated letter of intent is not a requirement. I wrote one, though, and had it notarized, as I was not going to be there for David's interview. It was a brand new letter... I didn't even read the first one I wrote because I wanted it to truly be an affirmation of where things stand now.

He didn't write one.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

my fiance wanted us to make another letter of intent which is similar to the original but put additional wordings like his past 3 visits and all... more likely similar yet with a lil bit revision. lol. not sure if thats ok but thats what we're planning. what do u think???

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Timeline

lou,

If a new statement of intent is required it will most likely be asked of you only. Her current intent is evidenced by the fact that she has submitted the visa application. It's your current intent that they may wonder about, depending on how long it's been since you submitted the petition.

See 9 FAM 41.81 (Fiance(e)s) Notes, N6.2

Yodrak

Does my fiancee also have to write a new letter of intent with package 4? Or just me as the petitioner? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.