w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

CLAIM: FILTHY FOLEY ONLINE MESSAGES WERE PAGE PRANK GONE AWRY

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Right, good if you like spin and diversion. Another typical left tactic. When something that does not fit your hopes and perceptions comes along just discount it. Attack the messenger and denegrate anyone that does not swallow your spin.

A typical "left" tactic eh? I guess that's why the Bush administration has done the exact same to very many people who have criticised its policies - because when someone disagrees with the party line, it gives automatic license to rubbish their reputation, career as well as questioning their motives and patriotism. Here's a hint - the "Real" anti-americans are the ones who are going around throwing that label at everyone with "liberal" abandon.

Seriously - why does this keep turning into a "so and so is worse" game. Don't people ever get tired of this bullshite?

Edited by erekose

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, good if you like spin and diversion. Another typical left tactic. When something that does not fit your hopes and perceptions comes along just discount it. Attack the messenger and denegrate anyone that does not swallow your spin.

A typical "left" tactic eh? I guess that's why the Bush administration has done the exact same to very many people who have criticised its policies - because when someone disagrees with the party line, it gives automatic license to rubbish their reputation, career as well as questioning their motives and patriotism. Here's a hint - the "Real" anti-americans are the ones who are going around throwing that label at everyone with "liberal" abandon.

Seriously - why does this keep turning into a "so and so is worse" game. Don't people ever get tired of this bullshite?

Bush calls a spade a spade. The left spins and denegades.

The Bogus Blog Behind Foley's Fall

SPANKED FoleyABCNews.com brought Mark Foley's boy-chasing to national attention, but it wasn't the first website to flog the story. That dubious honor belongs to StopSexPredators, a pseudo-vigilante blog filled with plagiarized, hastily-assembled posts, which no one seems to have heard of, visited, or linked to before last week—and whose operator has a suspiciously savvy grasp of the news cycle.

In other words, a blog whose sole raison d'etre seems to have been to get the Foley ball rolling.

If its time/date stamps are to be trusted (like most free blogware, Blogger allows its users to backdate posts), the pervert-outing anony-site was set up on July 28 as a "clearing house for the public to report sex predators and as a resource for concerned citizens."

One early post, headlined The Sickening Six, naming and shaming the "kinds of sick people who hunt minors for their own sick purposes," is basically an amalgam of plagiarized entries from Crimelibrary, Wikipedia, and Answers.com. (Click here, here, and here, for examples.)

After running just six posts over the summer, the site picked up steam on September 21 when its author wrote, "the blog has been noticed and some shocking emails have been received!!!!" and posted four emails purportedly from "interns" outraged by the heretofore unmentioned Foley and his penchant for teenage boys.

(Of course, if these emails are legit, it means the "interns" somehow stumbled upon the blog, despite the fact that it had not yet been linked to by any other sites, and was virtually indetectible to Google, which ranks sites according to the number of incoming links.)

One "intern" wrote:

"...I came to Washington because I care about the future of America. I wanted to be around good and decent men like President George Bush. Instead, I feel like a piece of meat. The worst part of it for me is there appear to be plenty of my fellow interns who don't mind Foley's particular 'path to power.'"

Three days later, the blogger posted the now infamous "Emails from Congressman Foley to 16 Year Old Page!!!!", claiming they'd been sent in by a reader (despite the fact that they appeared to be scans of faxed printouts). Persons unknown then seeded the link to various political sites—including Wonkette, which initially dismissed them as fakes. ABC, of course, took them more seriously.

Whoever promoted the story on DailyKos did so only 12 minutes after the fateful post went live at 11:06 a.m.:

whitehouseinternnoe_freshin.jpg

Six minutes later, the same person, again writing under the handle WHinternNOW posted the following:

whinternnow_09-1.jpg

Back on Sept. 5, however, that very same WHinternNOW posted a suspiciously more informed-sounding take on the congressman:

whinternnow_09.jpg

Whoever is behind the blog hasn't responded to emails from Radar or any other outlets, and seems to have lost interest in the site.

"I'm thrilled that so many folks are looking at this simple blog...." the author wrote on October 2, the last day the site was updated. "If you have any ideas that I should post, please let me know. I'm happy to pass along information about the current situation, but would much prefer to keep marching toward the large goal or stopping sex predators. I don't think we'll see it in the Congress anytime soon, so let's focus our energy elsewhere."

What, leaving the party so soon?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2006...foleys-fall.php

Just try and tell me this wasn't a coordinated attack. The only thing sleezier that Foley is the scumbags that are making political points with it.

Hmmmm.... It just gets better and better!!

Worst October Surprise, EVER

October 5th, 2006

It had all the earmarks of a classic Democratic Party plan to depress Republican turnout. Take a barely disguised homosexual Republican Congressman, add salacious electronic messages that included masturbation, sex and other lurid flourishes, push the story to their eager and willing accomplices in the media right before an election, and as quick as you can say LBJ an instant scandal is created.

The only problem, it seems, is that in today’s world of media, with data available to the whole world that was heretofore available only to a select few, the plan didn’t work out quite the way they had expected. Enterprising bloggers have done the elemental detective work and discovered that the entire incident is nearly exactly the opposite of what was first reported.

Rather than a case of a pedophile Congressman stalking young men in the corridors of power, it instead turns out to be a case of a closeted homosexual nurturing a relationship with a young man, and making sexual advances once he became an adult. A relationship by the way that the young man, if he felt threatened or chose not to continue, could have ended at any time.

An older homosexual man seeking a relationship with a young man? Who would have thought such a thing would ever happen?

Rather than the Pedophile Politician script we were first being fed, we now know that the real story is far less than we have been lead to believe.

As it turns out, although the young man in question was indeed a Page, was indeed befriended by Congressman Foley and did have sexual discussions with him. But it seems everything was perfectly legal, if nevertheless repellant to many, including a good chunk of the GOP base whose turnout is vital in the forthcoming election. As a signatory of a Bill outlawing Internet sex between adults and minors, Foley was perfectly aware of the legal boundaries and seems to have taken great care to not cross that fine line until the young man became a legal adult.

While angry values voters fulminate over Hastert’s failure to do something before the IMs came to light, all I can remember is the Democrats’ mantra.

That the troglodyte Republicans were obsessed by sex between consenting adults.

That homosexuals in close working relationships with young people, especially young men, is a good and healthy thing.

That some forms of sex, aren’t sex.

That what two consenting adults do or say behind closed doors is their business.

That intercepting and reading electronic communications between anyone in the US, especially those between two citizens, is never to be tolerated.

And most of all, never be judgmental.

So in the end, what do we end up with?

A pedophile that wasn’t.

A child that was actually an adult.

The disclosure of personal electronic communications of a highly personal nature between two consenting adults revealed.

A sex scandal between a couple who never had sex.

That Democrat Congressmen can have sex with 17 year olds and get re-elected, but Republicans that talk about sex are forced to resign.

ABC news is made to look like a fool, hyping a story beyond the facts at hand.

Along with the infamous Texas Air National Guard documents of 2004, this latest attempt by the Democrats is not going according to plan, and I suspect it will have the same result at the Polls in November. Almost four weeks are left to digest the affair. Much remains to be discovered, but one thing is clear.

It is, without a doubt, the worst October Surprise, EVER.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5919

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Matt Drudge is gay.

I heard a joke about Foley today:

What does Foley use as a bookmark?

bent over pages

[/quote

When all else FAILS, OH SO TYPICAL! its so predictable! LMAO

PLAY BOOK!!!!! I cant beleive it!

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A joke without a punch line !

Edited by Carol&Marc

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

I have developed my own theory of what is going on here.

First, the Dems looked at the polls and decided that they were not going to get the house or senate back. So they needed a scandal to break things loose.

Being good little dems the reached into their sleazy closet to see what they could find. They saw they had a Republican congressman who was gay and had some dealings with a page. So they leaked some of the less lurid emails to Hastert so they could say he was informed. Then they waited. One month before the election they set off their sh!t bomb. They manufactured this fake blog to make it look like someone else was outing Foley. Then they released these IM's and stood back. When it hit the fan they all jumped to the mic and cried about how evil Hastart was for not doing something. They were hoping to take down Foley and Hastart in one fell swoop and turn the election to their favor. Pure sleazy.

Too bad it's going to come back and bite them in the a$$. They didn't count on Foley resigning within minutes of the IM's being released. They hoped he would try to hang on so they could scream for his head for a while. They didn't count on Hastart denouncing him and calling for an ethics investigation so soon. They definitely didn't count on him getting the FBI involved so soon.

The sleazy tactics are going to be uncovered before the election. The dems are going to be shown for what they are. They just opened the door into their own noses. It will be fun to watch!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gary, I have no doubt that there are plenty of political strategists on both sides of the aisle that our going to exploit this to their advantage which is what erekose is acknowledging. What he is also saying is that we 'could' have a discussion about this case without it being reduced to partisan bickering. We can do that by focusing on the facts surrounding this case and nothing more. Let the political pundits froth at the mouth and point their fingers all they want, but it doesn't nor should it, disqualify the disturbing evidence.

A panel with be investigating into how Hastert handled this case and whether or not he was informed at least a year before acting on it. It'll be interesting to know what the standard procedures are regarding how such a complaint is to be handled by Congress. Then compare it to how it was actually handled. The Catholic Church got into this kind of mess because for awhile they had no definitive policy when allegations of molestation were brought to their attention. They thought they could deal with it the way the Bishop thought appropriate but now there are definitive guidelines on how they must respond to any allegations.

More Dem sleaze that will come back to get them.

Washington Prowler

They'll Regret It

By The Prowler

Published 10/5/2006 12:09:09 AM

"We're getting into very dangerous territory, and I've warned my colleagues to be careful." That's what a Democrat leadership aide was saying on Wednesday, as word circulated about David Corn's blog posting that revealed that a list of gay Republicans congressional staffers was circulating through emails.

Such a list has been talked about for months, if not years, by more militant homosexual activists, who have threatened to out Republican congressional staffers or even congressmen if they take positions counter to their gay lifestyle.

Now, in the wake of the Rep. Mark Foley scandal, a form of "the list" is again circulating among journalists and any other interested third parties.

"If that list is made public, all of the political gains we've made in the past 96 hours get flushed down the toilet," says the leadership aide.

Just as troubling are concerns among some House Democrat staff that there are potential scandals lurking of a similar vein for them. According to another Democrat source, "I've been warning my people to stay away from this story because you just don't know what will come back to bite you."

Of concern: that House Democrat leadership or Rep. Dale Kildee (Mich.), the Democrat member of the page board, who has served on it since 1985, or his staff have received complaints about Democrat colleagues' perceived inappropriate communications or contact with pages or former pages, and have not brought those complaints to the board or House management, such as the House Clerk's office. Kildee has been vocal about the Foley complaints not being brought before the full board prior to the scandal breaking, and the secretive nature of the Republican leadership's attempts to bring closure to the scandal.

"We all know this kind of scandal isn't just a Republican problem," says a Democrat political consultant in Washington. "We don't want to see what is out there about Democratic House members or former members."

But other Democrats say more is to come, that talk among Democrats around town is that researchers at CREW and the House Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee have in recent weeks been in contact, and that there are additional stories involving Republicans and questionable ethics behavior to be leaked closer to election time.

"It's gossip, and there is just a feeling that the DCCC is in on some of this and that there is more to come closer to Election Day. Remember, [DCCC Chairman Rahm] Emanuel has done this kind of stuff before back with the Clintons," says the Democrat consultant.

History certainly shows this to be a Democrat M.O. Back on October 30, 1992, Iran-Contra independent counsel Lawrence Walsh indicted former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger. This was the Friday before the election, and came at time when it appeared that then-President George H.W. Bush had closed the gap and possibly pulled ahead of challenger Gov. Bill Clinton. Adding to the notion that this was a political dirty trick was inclusion in the indictment of a January 7, 1986 note written by Weinberger that seemed to suggest that then Vice President Bush knew more about the arms-for-hostages deal than he had let on. Such a note was not legally required to be included in the indicting documents, and at the time was considered purely a dirty trick. More recently, Democrat operatives dropped the current President George W. Bush's old drunk driving story less than a week before Election Day 2000.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10452

Edited by Iniibig ko si Luz forever

Timeline
When all else FAILS, OH SO TYPICAL! its so predictable! LMAO

PLAY BOOK!!!!! I cant beleive it!

Thats ok - I could always slander someone, like you did - then refuse to back it up and or apologise. Amazing how its personal attack first - deal with issue a distant second. Idiot.

First, the Dems looked at the polls and decided that they were not going to get the house or senate back. So they needed a scandal to break things loose.

Being good little dems the reached into their sleazy closet to see what they could find. They saw they had a Republican congressman who was gay and had some dealings with a page. So they leaked some of the less lurid emails to Hastert so they could say he was informed. Then they waited. One month before the election they set off their sh!t bomb. They manufactured this fake blog to make it look like someone else was outing Foley. Then they released these IM's and stood back. When it hit the fan they all jumped to the mic and cried about how evil Hastart was for not doing something. They were hoping to take down Foley and Hastart in one fell swoop and turn the election to their favor. Pure sleazy.

Too bad it's going to come back and bite them in the a$$. They didn't count on Foley resigning within minutes of the IM's being released. They hoped he would try to hang on so they could scream for his head for a while. They didn't count on Hastart denouncing him and calling for an ethics investigation so soon. They definitely didn't count on him getting the FBI involved so soon.

The sleazy tactics are going to be uncovered before the election. The dems are going to be shown for what they are. They just opened the door into their own noses. It will be fun to watch!!

Again why are you surprised by this. It happens at every, single election. You keep throwing out there how its only the Dems that are doing this - it isnt. As I said, the Bush administration has slandered and smeared people who have publicly opposed its Iraq War policy, for example, not just politicians but military and other service personnel who have served their country for years.

Its not new, and not restricted to one side of the fence. Apparently this is something the voters have been exposed to and accepted for decades. Would seem to be a bit late to outraged by it now. Its the general smear tactics people should be up in arms about, not that the Democrats specifically are engaging in "Dirty Tricks". After all, its not like the other side of the fence has been wearing clean pants is it?

In this specific case, there is clear fault here and a clear public interest angle - so however politically motivated this story is, it does have traction. The guy did something that was not only inappropriate but potentially criminal. Not only that but people knew about it

As I've said if anyone held on to this information until such time as they could release it for maximum damage potential, that's just as bad. But you can't deny that this story has a clear public interest angle - the Republican party could (should) have come clean at the outset as soon as the allegations became known, fired/suspended the guy and conducted their own internal investigation. But they didn't - someone decided that covering it up was better than the political damage that would result by the exposure. Unfortunately when you consider the public interest aspect of this (we're talking about something that's on the periphery of pedophilia here), its hard to be sympathetic.

Its the mentality of "party first" that's at fault here. Unfortunately noone can get around that apparently - and that includes not only the politicians and the media, but some members of the general public as well.

Bush et al don't have spin....?

That HAS to be a joke ;)

Edited by erekose

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ok gary, if this is about foley why you keep mentioning the dems? they're using bad press so waht? didnt republicans do the same thing with rather a silly thing (sex with a legal age)?.. it seems that you don't care about the seriousness of what this ahole committed, but rather how the dems ara managing the scandal..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Again why are you surprised by this. It happens at every, single election. You keep throwing out there how its only the Dems that are doing this - it isn't. As I said, the Bush administration has slandered and smeared people who have publicly opposed its Iraq War policy, for example, not just politicians but military and other service personnel who have served their country for years.

Its not new, and not restricted to one side of the fence. Apparently this is something the voters have been exposed to and accepted for decades. Would seem to be a bit late to outraged by it now. Its the general smear tactics people should be up in arms about, not that the Democrats specifically are engaging in "Dirty Tricks". After all, its not like the other side of the fence has been wearing clean pants is it?

In this specific case, there is clear fault here and a clear public interest angle - so however politically motivated this story is, it does have traction. The guy did something that was not only inappropriate but potentially criminal. Not only that but people knew about it

As I've said if anyone held on to this information until such time as they could release it for maximum damage potential, that's just as bad. But you can't deny that this story has a clear public interest angle - the Republican party could (should) have come clean at the outset as soon as the allegations became known, fired/suspended the guy and conducted their own internal investigation. But they didn't - someone decided that covering it up was better than the political damage that would result by the exposure. Unfortunately when you consider the public interest aspect of this (we're talking about something that's on the periphery of pedophilia here), its hard to be sympathetic.

Its the mentality of "party first" that's at fault here. Unfortunately noone can get around that apparently - and that includes not only the politicians and the media, but some members of the general public as well.

That HAS to be a joke ;)

First of all, I think that Hastert was telling the truth about what he knew and when he knew it. I think that all he was presented with was the "mild" emails and he dealt with it properly.

It's my opinion that this was a set-up by the dems from the beginning. I don't think there was any cover-up, at least by Hastert. I do think that the dems have tried a very effective smear campaign in order to get control of the house. I still say it's going to back-fire on them.

It has recently come out that the lurid IM's were done after the boy turned 18. So that means there were probably no laws broken. Funny how they let everyone think he was still a minor when that was going on. Just more examples of the sleaze machine at work. I am not saying the republicans always have clean hands but if you want a side-by-side comparison the dems have made an art of it. It's totally disgusting and I would never want the dems back in power. I know, you think that Bush is just as bad but I don't. Yes they spin but the blatent smearing and dirty tricks are the dems best moves.

Oh, and yes. I was trying to get a reaction out of you with the spin comment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Again why are you surprised by this. It happens at every, single election. You keep throwing out there how its only the Dems that are doing this - it isn't. As I said, the Bush administration has slandered and smeared people who have publicly opposed its Iraq War policy, for example, not just politicians but military and other service personnel who have served their country for years.

That HAS to be a joke ;)

First of all, I think that Hastert was telling the truth about what he knew and when he knew it. I think that all he was presented with was the "mild" emails and he dealt with it properly.

It's my opinion that this was a set-up by the dems from the beginning. I don't think there was any cover-up, at least by Hastert. I do think that the dems have tried a very effective smear campaign in order to get control of the house. I still say it's going to back-fire on them.

It has recently come out that the lurid IM's were done after the boy turned 18. So that means there were probably no laws broken. Funny how they let everyone think he was still a minor when that was going on. Just more examples of the sleaze machine at work. I am not saying the republicans always have clean hands but if you want a side-by-side comparison the dems have made an art of it. It's totally disgusting and I would never want the dems back in power. I know, you think that Bush is just as bad but I don't. Yes they spin but the blatent smearing and dirty tricks are the dems best moves.

so the dems are to blame that foley is a gay-alcoholic-minor corrupter? #######

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

For those with extremely short memories, you need only go back to the 2004 Presidential election for a textbook example of dirty politics and smear campaigns, where a bunch of idiots with big foam hands proudly proclaimed that Kerry was a "flip-flopper". These days it seems you only need to come up with a clever slogan and people will fall in behind it. In that particular case, the allegations were completely meaningless - because Kerry's voting record was not dissimilar to 95% of the rest of the people in the Senate and Congress.

BTW - I don't believe I have ever said that the Dems represent my interests. What I object to is the constant to and fro-ing of blame between the two parties. It seems each can only appeal for people's votes by scapegoating the other side. Noone has any fresh ideas - hence "party first", good of the country a distant second.

I thought you agreed with that last point (the other day). Are you spoiling for an argument or something?

Edited by erekose

No, I think I have made it quite clear that I think Foley is an idiot and shouldn't be in congress. It's the hypocracy and the dirty tricks a month before the election that burns me. The dems can't win on issues and ideas so they have to smear and spin to do it.

Timeline

No, I think I have made it quite clear that I think Foley is an idiot and shouldn't be in congress. It's the hypocracy and the dirty tricks a month before the election that burns me. The dems can't win on issues and ideas so they have to smear and spin to do it.

Happens every time though. What's the point - that just because you support the Reps you don't want the other side to win using the same tricks that the Reps themselves used when the other side was in power?

Perhaps you're angry at the wrong people... I mean... do you honestly believe that one party displays significantly more honesty and integrity than the other? :huh:

Edited by erekose