islandnook23

BADLY NEED HELP!!! any suggestions???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everybody... i am sooo stressed right now... i would like to hear my fellow VJers' suggestions on what i can do about my situation...

i entered the US on a K1, got married, filed for AOS and EAD on november 2011. so now my AOS is still pending. i did not file for AP since i was thinking that i will get my GC in approximately 3-4 months after filing like others did.. and that was one big mistake!!! now my kid is still back home, her k2 visa will expire on early july this year... i'm thinking of going home on june to pick her up... i asked a few travel agencies and they told me that i can purchase tickets even without a GC, but it's a risk and i'm not sure if i'm willing to take it since tickets are non-refundable. and the prices are no joke. if i purchase the tickets within 2 weeks from now, it would be around 1200-1600!!! and that's only for me.. my kid would be like 900-1200 one-way... if i wait for my GC before i purchase tickets, it would definitely cost more... a lot more... sooooooo... i really do not know what to do right now... any help anyone??? :help::blush::blink::help::wacko::help:

plus looking at AOS timelines, i really do not have any idea when mine will be approved. my case was transferred to CSC december 5th 2011.. i called USCIS but of course, they cannot tell me when exactly i will get my GC.. i was thinking of applying for AP b the agent told me that AP processing time is around 3 months.. help me pls.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS (K1) with EAD

Date Filed Nov 10, 2011

Transferred to CSC Dec 05, 2011

Biometrics Dec 13, 2011

EAD in Production Jan 05, 2012

EAD on hand Jan 13, 2012

FILED AP (I-131) Mar 16, 2012

Approval notice for AP Mar 26, 2012

Green Card in Production Aug 14, 2012

Received Green Card in the Mail Aug 16, 2012

9 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!

You can expedite AP with an emergency reason. They do it at InfoPass. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

You can expedite AP with an emergency reason. They do it at InfoPass. Good luck.

thanks for the reply... :star:

i will look into that and see what i should do... thanks again! :)

Date Filed Nov 10, 2011

Biometrics Dec 13, 2011

EAD on hand Jan 13, 2012

9 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my AP expedited at the local USCIS office because I needed to return to Canada because my Mom was in the hospital and I needed to find a nursing home for her (I had power of attorney). I made an appointment at the local USCIS office after I had already sent in my AP application, and my AP was approved the day of my appointment. Make sure you take ALL documentation you will need to prove why you need to return to your home country.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Nope you need to have at least the Notice of Action for I-131 so they can have a look into it.

N400

Timeline

thank you the for the replies! i appreciate it a lot... anyway, what are the required documents i would have to bring or submit considering my case? i understand maybe a copy of my kid's visa showing the expiration date... anything else?? thannks again VJers! :thumbs:

Date Filed Nov 10, 2011

Biometrics Dec 13, 2011

EAD on hand Jan 13, 2012

9 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

i just found out that filing fee for AP is $360. that is big money for me.. should i apply for AP or just purchase the airline tickets and wait for my green card to come? you guys think i'd get it before june comes? considering my timeline??? i know we can't really tell.... but i'm just confused as to what to do and it's stressing me out... plus, will they be accepting my reason for an expedited AP? :unsure::help::unsure:

Edited by islandnook23

Date Filed Nov 10, 2011

Biometrics Dec 13, 2011

EAD on hand Jan 13, 2012

9 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!

You submit I-131 along with a photocopy of the notice of action of I-485 (I-797) and you don't have to include a payment of $360. It is free with I-485. Once you get the notice of action of I-131, you will bring it to InfoPass and ask for expedition. You will bring proof that your child is still in Philippines and she has a K2 visa to go. Everything will be fine.

N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i just found out that filing fee for AP is $360. that is big money for me.. should i apply for AP or just purchase the airline tickets and wait for my green card to come? you guys think i'd get it before june comes? considering my timeline??? i know we can't really tell.... but i'm just confused as to what to do and it's stressing me out... plus, will they be accepting my reason for an expedited AP? :unsure::help::unsure:

Of course a travel agent will tell you you can buy tickets. In fact you can leave the U.S. whenever you want. But if you do without an AP or GC, you abandon your AOS and your husband will need to petition for you again so you can re enter. But you know that otherwise you wouldn't be concerned.

There's no way to tell whether you will have your GC in hand by June or if they will accept your reason for an expedite. It is most likely but one one can tell. It seems delays for GC to arrive nowadays are more like 6 months from the moment you apply. But that depends whether you get a RFE and/or and interview. Unfortunately, should you have filed AP with AOS it would have been free. On it's own, you have to pay the fee.

Bottom line... weight the pros and cons. Would you rather pay the AP fee and be sure you can get your child here in time or do you want to take a chance with your GC and pay extra $ for your tickets?

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.