homesick_american

Was I totally out of line here or what?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'd hazzard a guess that you came across ruder than you recall. The canteen guy isn't about to pitch a fit and tell you to have manners if you were all sweetness and light.

Actually, I got an apology from him; he said he was completely, 100% wrong and that I'd done nothing to merit his reaction. His excuse was he's having a bad day.

So...thanks, but no thanks, LisaD.

BTW, I've done all of us a favor and put you on ignore as to not fight with you. Please consider reciprocating, and have a lovely day.

Edited by homesick_american

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
The company I work for has a canteen...an employee restaurant...on the ground floor. I was feeling a little hungry this morning so I decided to get a bacon sandwich. The guy who made it didn't ask me what kind of bread I wanted or whether I wanted margarine or not...they're supposed to...so I had to step in and say "Can I have it on white sliced, please, and I don't want any margarine." So he makes the sandwich and hands it to me and it's ice cold.

As I'm waiting for my friend to finish her order he takes a tray of bacon out fresh from the oven and I thought CHEEKY #######, he made my sandwich with ice cold bacon when he knows there's more coming. So I asked him if he could re-do the sandwich because both the bread and the bacon were very cold, and it's not very appetizing since it's supposed to be a hot sandwich. He snatches the sandwich out of my hands walks to the back room (which we can see part of) and throws the sandwich on the floor. He then walks to the counter, then walks back to the back room and comes back with two slices of bread with grease stains on them. He proceeds to slam the contents of a sandwich together and hands it to me.

I'm a bit intimidated by his temper at this point, so I mumble 'thank you' and obviously he didn't hear me since as I'm walking off (slinking is more like it, I was upset by his aggressive behavior) he shouts "MANNERS DON'T COST ANYTHING, YOU KNOW."

I was really surprised. I didn't think I'd been rude to him at all. He gave me a faulty product and I just wanted what I paid for, and the staff canteen is really overpriced anyway. I phoned the manager of the canteen and he said "Oh yes, he's wrong, I'll have a word with him" but they always say that to placate people. I'm to bring the sandwich downstairs to get a refund; I haven't touched it since I'm sure he made it with the bread that he threw on the floor; and I'll have to see the guy again. I can't ever go back to the canteen because that guy's there and god only knows how he'll take it out on me.

I think it's ridiculous that I should be intimidated, but people nowadays seem to think they're doing you a favor by serving you at all and you should be grateful for whatever they can be bothered to give you. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I don't think I did anything to merit his reaction. What do you guys think?

Remember how the sandwich was warmed up in the movie "Road Trip"? ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
I can't ever go back to the canteen because that guy's there and god only knows how he'll take it out on me.

Oh based on this I didn't get that you got an apology out of him. I missed that part...I was kinda with Lisa on that one!! If he apologized 100% why are you too afraid to go back to the canteen?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Remember how the sandwich was warmed up in the movie "Road Trip"? ;)

Yes...gawd, that was so nasty. :lol:

I can't ever go back to the canteen because that guy's there and god only knows how he'll take it out on me.

Oh based on this I didn't get that you got an apology out of him. I missed that part...I was kinda with Lisa on that one!! If he apologized 100% why are you too afraid to go back to the canteen?

Hmmm...well, I'm not surprised that Lisa thought it was all my fault. She doesn't like me anyway.

I suppose I'd be afraid to go back there because I loathe confrontation. This is why I ignore people who pick on me instead of fighting with them.

Timeline
This is why I ignore people who pick on me instead of fighting with them.

Hadn't noticed.

hmm... :whistle:

I don't think Lisa doesn't like you...she's just a realist and calls them as she sees them!

Edited by CarolineM

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

This is why I ignore people who pick on me instead of fighting with them.

Hadn't noticed.

hmm... :whistle:

I don't think Lisa doesn't like you...she's just a realist and calls them as she sees them!

We'll have to agree to disagree. It hardly matters now anyway, since I can't see what she writes to/about me.

homesick_american,

Not sure what to think here. I come across ruder than I think so I get reactions like that from time to time. They're confusing. And then again, some people just have a stick up their a$$. Hard to say.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Oh...I thoguht she was ALREADY on ignore??

no??? :lol:

You like to make yourself sound like SUCH the victim...but that thread pretty much shows otherwise...

Good for you; I'm sure your Nobel Prize is in the mail.

I hope you get back to the UK soon, I really do. That way I won't run into you while I'm home in America.

Have a nice life.

Your victimization must be so hard....

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Oh...I thoguht she was ALREADY on ignore??

no??? :lol:

You like to make yourself sound like SUCH the victim...but that thread pretty much shows otherwise...

Good for you; I'm sure your Nobel Prize is in the mail.

I hope you get back to the UK soon, I really do. That way I won't run into you while I'm home in America.

Have a nice life.

Your victimization must be so hard....

Have fun with LisaD on ignore then. I don't like to keep people on ignore forever, and I periodically clear out my list. I can see some additions will have to be permanent. Have a nice day.

Timeline
i (L) this thread! :lol:

The ignore button should be renamed the 'I can't trust myself enough to not be goaded into acting like a baby' button. You know, for people who can't govern themselves. :))

:) Not the big bad ignore button...please no!!!

Edited by CarolineM

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Also, if he apologised, why is this thread called 'was I totally out of line here or what?'

She asked a question, I simply gave a different perspective. But I was supposedly on ingore anywas :lol:

I'd hazzard a guess that you came across ruder than you recall. The canteen guy isn't about to pitch a fit and tell you to have manners if you were all sweetness and light.

Actually, I got an apology from him; he said he was completely, 100% wrong and that I'd done nothing to merit his reaction. His excuse was he's having a bad day.

So...thanks, but no thanks, LisaD.

BTW, I've done all of us a favor and put you on ignore as to not fight with you. Please consider reciprocating, and have a lovely day.

You made this identical claim elsewhere...so either do it or not, but the whole 'I put you on ignore' thing can't be used again without you looking like an idiot.

Hmmm...well, I'm not surprised that Lisa thought it was all my fault. She doesn't like me anyway.

I suppose I'd be afraid to go back there because I loathe confrontation. This is why I ignore people who pick on me instead of fighting with them.

FWIW it's not that I don't like you, because I would have commented exactly the same with pretty much anyone else here. However, I felt safe to say what I did because of the way you act here. You were completely rude to someone here who was just trying to help you. and for you to say that you ignore people who 'pick' on you...when it's you who looks like the abrasive & confrontational one, makes me think that you have no idea how you came across to that sarnie guy. Someone doesn't flip out like that for no reason.

And before you say how I'm sticking my nose in...you asked a question. Oh, but you only wanted to hear one POV which said 'oh homesick, he was such an azzhole! you should get him fired!!! how dare he not genuflect in your great prescence!'

Don't ask questions if you don't want to hear an honest answer. :thumbs:

i (L) this thread! :lol:

The ignore button should be renamed the 'I can't trust myself enough to not be goaded into acting like a baby' button. You know, for people who can't govern themselves. :))

:) Not the big bad ignore button...please no!!!

Karo, are we having fun yet on iggy?

Oh, I made a poll, I'm really curious! Everyone go check it out!

You were polite , you were not aggressive....that guy was neither. Sounds like a complete ### to me , remaking the sandwich was too much trouble for him. Considering his overreaction, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't pissed off about something else and you got the brunt of it.

I worked in a restaurant back in the uk for a while, if you ever have a complaint never be rude or aggressive to your server....you wouldn't believe what I've seen happen to peoples food when they have been , if the server doesn't do anything , the cook might :hehe:

21/12/2005 arrive in time for Christmas with my baby !!

18/02/2006 We are married in Coeur D'Alene !!

16/05/2006 AOS and EAD sent off to the windy city. ( day 1)

27/05/2006 NOA's received...woo hoo !! ( day 12 )

09/06/2006 Appointment letter for biometrics arrives ( day 25 )

30/06/2006 Biometrics 11am at Spokane ( day 46 )

22/07/2006 Appointment letter for AOS interview arrives (day 68 )

04/08/2006 Without any warning.....EAD card arrives in the post !! ( day 81 )

24/08/2006 AOS interview at 7.30 am ( day 101 )

24/08/2006 APPROVED !!!

28/08/2006 Welcome to America letter arrives...gee thanks guys !! ( day 105 )

02/09/2006 Green card arrives ...woo hoo !! ( day 110 ) We can relax until 2008 :)