Sarah & Jon

no noa1, no check cashed....

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

We have now submitted 2 applications to the VSC (first one got lost in the mail) and are having very bad luck! We know the second one was recieved 11 September but we have not yet had an noa1 and the check hasn't been cashed.

My fiance has been trying to call the national helpline every day this week but he is calling from work and once he's been on hold about 30 minutes he usually has to hang up.

I notice some really fast approvals at the moment so I am getting a bit stressed!!

Any advice on what we should do?

Do you think we may need to resubmit a 3rd application :(

I think we are cursed!

We are no longer to be married.

One of us couldn't go through with it.

Hi

We have now submitted 2 applications to the VSC (first one got lost in the mail) and are having very bad luck! We know the second one was recieved 11 September but we have not yet had an noa1 and the check hasn't been cashed.

My fiance has been trying to call the national helpline every day this week but he is calling from work and once he's been on hold about 30 minutes he usually has to hang up.

I notice some really fast approvals at the moment so I am getting a bit stressed!!

Any advice on what we should do?

Do you think we may need to resubmit a 3rd application :(

I think we are cursed!

Patience, I got my NOA1, notification and then the check cleared and it took almost 4 weeks for mine. It all depends on the case load and when your arrived and the fairy dust. If you know they received the package give it another week before calling them. Good luck, Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Timeline

Patience, I got my NOA1, notification and then the check cleared and it took almost 4 weeks for mine. It all depends on the case load and when your arrived and the fairy dust. If you know they received the package give it another week before calling them. Good luck, Payato

Thanks, that's reassuring. I'm hoping that's the case with us too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Not to make you worry or stress more... but our package was signed for on the 9th Sep at VSC.. official receipt date was after the weekend on the 11th. Date on NOA1 was the 12th Sep. Rcvd paper NOA1 around the 18th Sep. NOA2 approval was 29 Sep. I'm just submitting this cos info cos it matches.

This caseload and fairy dust theory doesnt hold for me. I'd keep hanging on the phone. I'd sure has hell would have been on the phone after 2 weeks knowing for sure they rcvd it in hand.

How did you find out the 1st package was lost in the mail? Did you get ahold of them and there was no record at all of getting it?

I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated.

~Eric~

~ AOS Journey ~

03/08/2007: AOS/EAD sent

03/16/2007: NOA AOS/EAD

03/21/2007: Touched

04/05/2007: Biometrics

04/09/2007: Touched

04/11/2007: Case transferred to CSC

05/16/2007: Case pending at CSC

05/17/2007: AOS Touched

05/24/2007: EAD Touched

05/29/2007: EAD Approved (82 days)

06/19/2007: AOS Approved (93 days)

Timeline
Not to make you worry or stress more... but our package was signed for on the 9th Sep at VSC.. official receipt date was after the weekend on the 11th. Date on NOA1 was the 12th Sep. Rcvd paper NOA1 around the 18th Sep. NOA2 approval was 29 Sep. I'm just submitting this cos info cos it matches.

This caseload and fairy dust theory doesnt hold for me. I'd keep hanging on the phone. I'd sure has hell would have been on the phone after 2 weeks knowing for sure they rcvd it in hand.

How did you find out the 1st package was lost in the mail? Did you get ahold of them and there was no record at all of getting it?

I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated.

~Eric~

Yours is one of the cases that made me panic initially :) But i am pleased for you.

we are going to keep calling.

as for the first package, it has now finally been returned to my partner so we know they didn't get it!

Please note that MariaEric applied through VSC which generally has a faster turn around time than CSC - where you applied. Compare your progress to those going through CSC, not VSC.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Yours is one of the cases that made me panic initially :) But i am pleased for you.

we are going to keep calling.

as for the first package, it has now finally been returned to my partner so we know they didn't get it!

Hang in there... first stage is just checking the package over, payment, creating the file and entering it into the system. I'm confident you will receive notice soon. Even if they have some internal deadline criteria to get you your receipt... if enough calls were made inquiring about simple receipts... it will tend to bring about change whether it be a new deadline or hiring personnel. Many people give advice to just wait.. well thats good for them maybe.. but its my future and I want to know now... and if you allow the service center to take their time... they will. I work for DHS :P Different department but been in the business long enough now.

Maria and I will keep you in our prayers for a speedy and stress-free approval :)

~Eric~

~ AOS Journey ~

03/08/2007: AOS/EAD sent

03/16/2007: NOA AOS/EAD

03/21/2007: Touched

04/05/2007: Biometrics

04/09/2007: Touched

04/11/2007: Case transferred to CSC

05/16/2007: Case pending at CSC

05/17/2007: AOS Touched

05/24/2007: EAD Touched

05/29/2007: EAD Approved (82 days)

06/19/2007: AOS Approved (93 days)

Please note that MariaEric applied through VSC which generally has a faster turn around time than CSC - where you applied. Compare your progress to those going through CSC, not VSC.

Mo

Good grief... IGNORE ME... I must have been looking at payato's info. Sorry for any confusion.. I really should not be replying to posts this early. :wacko:

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline

We exist on the system!!

Jon finally got through on the phone yesterday and apparently there was a problem with the check. So we have to resubmit payment and they will start to deal with our case. Phew!!!

We have no idea when they were going to tell us there was a problem! I wish we had started calling sooner now. :)

At least we shouldn't have to wait too long. The guy on the phone said it's only taking about 3 weeks to process right now.

We are sooooooo relieved! Thanks for the advice and good wishes.

Sarah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello sarah may i know what number you called please?

we been waiting our NOA1 its been a month and we don't know if theres a problem in our application thanks in advance

Dec.2004 -first hello

Feb.2005-Taiwan chinese new year first meeting

June.2005-Boracay Philippines

Jan.2006-Taiwan celebrating his birthday with me

July.2006-Thailand (Bangkok)& Philippines

Dec.2006~Jan.2007-Thailand (pattaya)

--------------------------

K1

Oct.23,2006-NOA1

Oct.25,2006-first touched

Jan.23,2007-touched after 88days since NOA1

Jan.23,2007-NOA2 THANKS GOD!!!!

Jan.24,2007-touched

Jan.30,2007-NOA2 snail mail

Feb.06,2007-Recieved letter from NVC MNL2007533***

March,08,2007- Recieved 2 letters from Manila Embassy...i guess this is pre-interview notice huh(datedFeb.13,2007)

Apr.04,2007-Packet4

Apr.27,2007-Medical

May 08,2007-Interview (7:30am)-APPROVED THANK YOU LORD!!!

May 12,2007-(sat.?)VISA in hand woooohoooooooo

June 19,2007-Departure

----------------------

July 7,2007-Wedding Day

July 16,2007- Applied SSN in married name...(Recieved SSN card in the mail July 24th)

AOS

July 17,2007- Sent AOS/EAD application

July 17,2007- Applied for State ID in married Name(got August 05,2007)

July 18,2007- Driver's learners permit test....passed

Aug. 09,2007-Passport Amended in Philippine Embassy Washington D.C. (done the next day)

Aug. 21,2007- Biometrics AOS and AED

Sept.26,2007- EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 01,2007-EAD Approval Notice Sent(Recieved in the mailed Oct.04)

Oct. 03,2007-Passed the Driver Test Iam a license driver now yey-AOS Transferred to CSC

Nov. 27,2007-Card Production Prdered

116252889265330.gif

Timeline
hello sarah may i know what number you called please?

we been waiting our NOA1 its been a month and we don't know if theres a problem in our application thanks in advance

Hi, sure

It's the national customer service centre number 1 (800) 375-5283

But be aware they keep you on hold for a very long time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.