andre

At the embassy ???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
For the interview for a CR1 visa would my wife also need a copy of the I-864 even though I sent it to NVC?

As a general rule, you should have with you at the interview a copy (or in fact the original) of all previously submitted documents as well as all of the additional required documents. A CO is not precluded from asking to see any document that may have been submitted previously. It is better to be over prepared.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

At the time we had to submit documents for our CR1 I made a cover letter and wrote in it that we submitted the I-864 already to the NVC and then listed below it an itemized list of what was being returned. And when I got to I-864 again I put comment that it was submitted already. When my husband attended his interview he had exact copies or originals of all forms that had been submitted here in the states as well as his other evidence of our relationship. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

andre,

Only in the unlikely event that the I-864 you submitted to the NVC had gone missing from the case file. Otherwise, they will have the original I-864.

You might what to provide your wife with updated supporting documentation, such as your most recent pay stubs and statements of account for assets, as appropriate, should the consular officer wish to confirm that nothing in your financial situation has changed (or should you wish to point out that it's changed for the better).

Yodrak

For the interview for a CR1 visa would my wife also need a copy of the I-864 even though I sent it to NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.