diana w

Sponsoring a Colombian Tourist Visa?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey everybody,

I'm just wondering if there's anyway I can see my fiancee/girlfriend before we get married.

In Colombia the tourist visas seem to be denied 10 at a time, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of really good material or evidence someone can bring besides having lots of money and property IN Colombia.

I've lived with my girlfriend for a full year in Colombia and am willing to sponsor her entire trip to come and visit.

Would it help her case to attempt this? Could I send on notarized letters, bank statements, etc?

Also:

She recently lost her job at a government organization but is working independently for her own architecture design firm, she has her website up and running and has clients.

My sister is an architect and I'd love if they could here in the U.S. so maybe I could even spin it into a business trip/visa?

Any advice would be awesome! Thanks all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They don't care about your bank or your letters, that just shows them more reason for her to stay in the USA. You cant get her a visa she has to get her own tourist visa/ business visa.

She has to prove by herself that she will go back to Colombia beyond a doubt for her to be issued a visa. So far with everything you have said she has very little reason to stay in Colombia.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey everybody,

I'm just wondering if there's anyway I can see my fiancee/girlfriend before we get married.

In Colombia the tourist visas seem to be denied 10 at a time, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of really good material or evidence someone can bring besides having lots of money and property IN Colombia.

I've lived with my girlfriend for a full year in Colombia and am willing to sponsor her entire trip to come and visit.

Would it help her case to attempt this? Could I send on notarized letters, bank statements, etc?

Also:

She recently lost her job at a government organization but is working independently for her own architecture design firm, she has her website up and running and has clients.

My sister is an architect and I'd love if they could here in the U.S. so maybe I could even spin it into a business trip/visa?

Any advice would be awesome! Thanks all.

Inky is again correct. The only way to know for sure is to pay the fee & step up to the window. The case has little chance of success but people dont want to hear that & feel they must try.

The problem is the rules that apply. They are designed to stop the spin cycle. The officers are very good at finding the real reasons or the lies constructed to avoid that truth.

She needs to study the strongest ties rule & then find a way to comply.

Filed: Timeline

Inky is again correct. The only way to know for sure is to pay the fee & step up to the window. The case has little chance of success but people dont want to hear that & feel they must try.

The problem is the rules that apply. They are designed to stop the spin cycle. The officers are very good at finding the real reasons or the lies constructed to avoid that truth.

She needs to study the strongest ties rule & then find a way to comply.

She can try, but the odds are 999:1 against her...why would she return? She could (a) marry you and (b) join forces with your sister to start working, making far more than her current Colombian salary...and please...resist the temptation to claim she has elderly parents that 'need' her around-the-clock care...because they won't have it when she departs Colombia with a tourist visa...

your bank account, your notarized invitation letters or anything else originated by you has so little positive value and sooooooo much negative value that the two are not even close to each other....you'll be better off filing for the K1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Guys thanks so much,

I was wondering if there was some kind of sponsored visit but I'm realizing now the tourist visa is only given to those with reason to go back home!

But I'm realizing now the tourist visa is only given to those with reason to go back home!

It is the sole purpose of interview!

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.