10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, I am new and would appreciate any advice.

I am American and my husband is Mexican living in the US without a visa.

We did the I-130 two years ago and it was approved.

A few months ago I did the Affidavit of Support.

Our Application for Immigrant Visa is completed, my husband just needs to sign it electronically and submit.

However, we are thinking we should wait to submit the Application for Immigrant Visa until the new conditional waivers begin so that he can stay in the US while waiting for the decision on the waiver.

What do you think? Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I haven't heard about conditional waivers, can you link to an article on them?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

On January 6 DHS announced it it will be issuing new regulations for how unlawful presence waivers will be processed for certain immediate relatives who are

filing immigrant visa applications.The new procedure will allow these individuals to file for a provisional unlawful presence waiver and await

adjudication while in the U.S. The new provisional waiver procedure has not yet taken effect. The new procedure will not take effect until a final

regulation is issued. It is not yet known when the new regulation will take effect,it could be in three,six months or one year. Immigrants without a criminal background who have only violated immigration laws can earn the waiver if "extreme hardship" that would be caused to the spouse or parent with citizenship can be proven.Just who needs just the I-601 for unlawful presence will be able to wait the decision inside the USA,If approved, they will still have to depart the U.S. to undergo visa processing and an interview at a U.S. consulate abroad. Who needs the I-212 waiver won't be able to wait inside the USA for the waiver decision make sure your husband will need just the I-601 waiver and not the I-212 as well.

Filed: Timeline

On January 6 DHS announced it it will be issuing new regulations for how unlawful presence waivers will be processed for certain immediate relatives who are

filing immigrant visa applications.The new procedure will allow these individuals to file for a provisional unlawful presence waiver and await

adjudication while in the U.S. The new provisional waiver procedure has not yet taken effect. The new procedure will not take effect until a final

regulation is issued. It is not yet known when the new regulation will take effect,it could be in three,six months or one year. Immigrants without a criminal background who have only violated immigration laws can earn the waiver if "extreme hardship" that would be caused to the spouse or parent with citizenship can be proven.Just who needs just the I-601 for unlawful presence will be able to wait the decision inside the USA,If approved, they will still have to depart the U.S. to undergo visa processing and an interview at a U.S. consulate abroad. Who needs the I-212 waiver won't be able to wait inside the USA for the waiver decision make sure your husband will need just the I-601 waiver and not the I-212 as well.

So do you recommend we wait to submit the visa application until they change the procedure for the waiver? I know it could take awhile but at least we won't be separated. He really has no ties in Mexico.

He doesn't need a I-212.

Can you explain the meaning of this?

This means that people whose husbands are outside of the country will be able to send their i601s to a lockbox here in the US where it will be sent to an adjudication center (in the US) to be processed w/in 6 months

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this better or faster than the current process?

I would most certainly say so. It hasn't been implemented yet though, and I'm not sure when it will be.

As of now once you're eligible to file a waiver you have to create the packet and ship it off to the beneficiary for them to file at the US consulate in their country. The consulate processing times vary GREATLY by country (I think Mexico takes as little as 3 months where as El Salvador quotes 18 months). The lockbox should send it to an adjudication office here in the US to American workers who can decide on the waiver here in the US (so there's little to no courier fees I'm sure). I believe they're aiming to process waivers at 6 months. This will TOTALLY standardize things.

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.