JonnyX

How money do you need to sponsor for your wife?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yeah your right that is what I'm doing right now. I already hire a Dịch vụ for this, I just want to know about what type of evidence I should prepared for my wife for the interview.

heres some links since u keep asking the same questions over and over..

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/K-1_Visa <----tells u about the K-1visa ALSO tells you what u NEED to send with the packet as far as evidence.

if u get married first, then go to this link... http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

also do u need the poverty guideline as well? well here u can use this as well.... http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Jamaica

I-130 Sent :2011-12-14

I-130 NOA1 :2011-12-16

I-130 RFE :2012-06-18

I-130 RFE Sent :2012-06-25

I-130 Approved :2012-08-06

NVC Received :2012-08-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :2012-09-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-09-06

Receive I-864 Package :2012-09-06

Return Completed I-864 :2012-09-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :2012-09-06

Receive IV Bill :2012-09-20

Pay IV Bill :2012-09-22

Case Completed at NVC :2012-10-04

Packet 4 Received :2012-10-12

Interview Date :2012-11-13

Interview Result :APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The answer on paper is, you need to make $18,912 in order to sponsor your wife if there is only you and her in the household if you are in the Continental US.

However, the real answer is depending on her current financial status, spending habits, working habits and expectations of life in the USA, it will cost a lot more than that to keep her happy, otherwise it will be adios.

Edited by tcTTct

Timeline

The answer on paper is, you need to make $18,912 in order to sponsor your wife if there is only you and her in the household if you are in the Continental US.

However, the real answer is depending on her current financial status, spending habits, working habits and expectations of life in the USA, it will cost a lot more than that to keep her happy, otherwise it will be adios.

Just put her to work when she gets here. Mine works usually 7 days a week and has more in the bank that I. Don't expect her to share.

ok so right now I'm just in part one of the file which mean I just send in the I-130 for CR-1 Visa, so when they send me the first Notice of Action letter then how long will it take to know when my file get approve? I read the instruction for CR-1 it say after my I-130 is approve they will send it to the NVC and the NVC will send us a package, so does they send the package to both of us or just me? Also should I get this form Of-169 form, and an Of-230 part one and two forms now or do I wait for the NVC to send it with the package? Ok for the Pre-Interview Form it contain...

Pre-Interview Forms / Items:

1. Completed and signed OF-169.

2. Completed and signed Of-230 Part 1 and 2 forms.

3. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form along with past 3 year U.S tax returns (or transcripts) and any other financial documents required.

4. A copy of intending immigrants biographic page of passport(s) including expiration date.

5. Original or certified "long" birth certificate. *

6. Original adoption decree. (if applicable)

7. Marriage certificate. (if applicable)

8. Divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s) (if applicable)

9. Police certificate(s) **

10. Court and prison records.(if applicable)

11. Custody records. (if applicable)

12. Military records (if applicabl

I don't understand what you have to get for number 4, so all of this will be sent in as a package to me and my wife right? For the Birth Certificate do I need to get the original copy from all of the person I put on the application? Like my father, mother, sister/brother or just me? As for number 10 Court and Prison records do I need to get this? Because I never went to a prison for any crime but only went to court for ticket violation does that count too? What is Custody Records number 11? Like I say do I get all this stuff on my owned or do they send me a package requiring what I needed? Like the form OF-169 and OF-230 and I-864 does it come with the package or do I need to get it on my owned? Thank You all :)

I thought you hired a Dịch vụ ???

He should be handling this.

no I change my mind, I heard one of my uncle say he did it on his owned and he get his wife over within 8 month while Dich Vu when I ask them they say a year. I want to shorten the time as much as possible.

no I change my mind, I heard one of my uncle say he did it on his owned and he get his wife over within 8 month while Dich Vu when I ask them they say a year. I want to shorten the time as much as possible.

Don't take this the wrong way as it's a sincere suggestion, but could your uncle help you go through this since he has direct experience. We on VJ can answer questions occasionally, but accomplishing this process self-help will require some self-research and some experience in the documentation and assembling of many government forms. The basic questions you have asked lead me to believe that you might benefit from having some direct assistance from either a Dich Vu or from a relative/friend that has been through the process.

Again, please don't take my advice the wrong way as my intention is for you to succeed. Any mistakes in the submitted package could cause the process to drag on even further than you planned, and I would rather just be blunt and give you the above tough love response. If you do proceed on your own, at LEAST have your uncle or a Dich Vu review it before submitting.

Timeline

Just curious. Have you read the responses on here and have you read through this forum and researched anything?

Nice to know you are in the market for an airplane sir. If you will just wire certain goodwill funds of $5000 US dollars (moneygram) to me I will send a large cargo airplane directly and also provide a guaranteed green card, job, and apartment which will be waiting for you when you arrive in america. This cargo plane is equipped with a highly technological secure vault to safeguard your fortune during transport and you will be provided with trained and equipped security service after arrival.

Sincerely,

Bytme Salamee

servicesforprinces.com

I am still waiting on my check... I sent you the processing fees months ago...

Thank you for my new Ferrari, it is very fast. I wish it had more room for my luggage but since I buy new clothes every hour, I guess the lack of trunk space is ok. My country is very slow to process the administrative fees. Another wad of your American money might help to speed things up. If you run out of your own money perhaps you could take...errrh I mean borrow from you family. If your family can't pay, its ok. Just get the extra money somehow. I'm trying to buy an airplane or helicopter so I can fly to your country... America....right?.....and give you your millions without my governments ridiculous interference.

Sincerely yours, a very rich royal prince.

i don't get it.

Just put her to work when she gets here. Mine works usually 7 days a week and has more in the bank that I. Don't expect her to share.

Good answer. My wife's the same way. I figure she still owes me about $20,000. I'm only kidding rofl.gif

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Timeline

Lucky Guy ! I married a city girl, cooking ability not installed on the factory model. :crying:

Now get busy, jonnyX needs those 100000 questions answered!

My wife is cooking now. Mines cooking to me alone is a big reason I will be as good to her as possible. I struck the gold mine with her on her cooking. I am a lucky guy.star_smile.gif

My wife is cooking now. Mines cooking to me alone is a big reason I will be as good to her as possible. I struck the gold mine with her on her cooking. I am a lucky guy.star_smile.gif

My wife barely cooks any more, our 14 year old daughter does most of the cooking because of her 7 day a week work schedule. I get some good cooking on Sunday because it's a short day for her. Once in a while if I whine she will cook in the mornings before she goes to work. I envy you LuckyTxn!!!

She likes to to call me "fat man" when I tell her I'm hungry but yet she piles on the food. It must be love...... eb0dfafc.gif

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.