Athena13

Where to get US size passport photos in AUS?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

HI seems the requirement for photo submission has changed over the years for K-1. Correct me if I'm wrong ----- We now need 2 of these for DS 156 form, (paste on the form?) and 3 regular Aus size for the medical exam.

So in Sydney where can I get the US 50mm square passport photos? The regular passport service places only made Aus size. I haven't tried AUS Post yet.

Can I make my own?

and on the day of interview, we don't submit more passport photos?

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

I'm not sure about DS-156 (I don't remember that form...but I did CR-1, so maybe that is a K1 form. Either that or there is also a possibility that my brain is fried from all this immigration paperwork lol :whistle: ), but for my medical I believe they told me that they could be either US or Australia size. Probably best to check with your panel physician and go with what they say.

I've had varying degrees of success in getting US-size done at Office Works. The first time I went in I took the printed photo requirements (from USCIS or NVC website - can't remember which now) and they custom cropped them for me no problems. When I went back a second time to get more, they told me they couldn't do US-size, even though I told them that someone on their staff had in fact done them for me about a month before!

I ended up going to a small privately-owned camera shop and he had no issues doing them US-size. He pulled out a little reference sheet he had with the sizes on it and did them straight away for me.

Found this on the US Consulate General Sydney website - list of US passport photo requirements and some photographers that do them.

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Timeline

Oh there is a list? That's so cool! Wish I looked here first, i finall got some, 4 for $18 in city, opposte Haymarket Post Office.

And for the 3 for medical, i think i wil use my spare ones from the last 3 years, all different ones, don't know if they will accept them. Otherwise that's another lot of cost. $12 for 4 or 8 Aus size.

Thank you KLS!!! :o)

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Don't know if they will accept three different pics or not, but it does say they need to be 'recent'. Doesn't say whether or not they need to be US or Australian size either. (I think from memory the box on the medical form where they put the photo is US size, but they didn't worry about putting my AUS size pic on it).

01/2012 9 FAM 42.66 Exhibit II

The applicants must have 3 recent photographs of themselves, with the likenesses confirmed with official documents containing the applicants’ photographs. One photo will be presented at the time of the panel physician contact, and will be stapled to the front of the Medical Examination for Immigrant or Refugee Applicant (DS-2053). The other two will be separately attached to the requests for blood collection, and for Chest X-ray.

This is from the medical examinations sheet on the US Embassy Canberra website.

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Timeline

I used Aus sized ones for the medical, as mentioned above they do need to be recent (within last 6 months I think).

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes you CAN make them yourself using this site: http://www.epassportphoto.com/ I had some photos done for the K1 at a booth that seriously gave me the BEST photos I've ever had of myeslf and scanned those in. SO much cheaper than any other option and totally fine.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.