PFCOMB

RFE divorce decree

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

On the subject of RFEs and divorce decrees....

We were issued an RFE regarding our divorce decrees. I am not positive whether it was mine or my fiance's or both, but I requested another copy that looked like the same thing I originally sent in. The only difference might have been a small rubber stamp at the bottom of the first page with a box checked. In her case (China), she gave what is always given. The civil administrators in China assured her that what she was given is what all couples are given and that they were well aware of what was required for a K-1 visa to the U.S. So, in the end, she turned in the same documents. And now we wait....

I post this more as a cry into the void than anything else. I have tried my best to read up on all things related to K-1/K-3 visas, but it is still hard to sleep through the worry and waiting and uncertainty. We are using a lawyer and I hope that was a wise investment. I felt confident that using a lawyer would save us such things as the current RFE that we are awaiting second judgement on. Now I wonder...

I just wanted to say this, purge it if you will, since this seems like one of the few places where I know I am among understanding folk. I am grateful for this website and the answers and encouragement it provides. Hopefully this will be the "minor bump in the road" our lawyer assured us it would be.

Thanks for reading and thanks for being here for us. There are times when going through this process feels very lonely. Best to all of you.

Steve

hello. we received an RFE too back then asking for a divorce decree but we were pretty sure that it was my husband's. He requested another copy from the court and sent it back to USCIS and we were good after. Goodluck!

sweet_cat_and_chicken.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As long as you have a new copy sent

You have a copy read to go, send it back as soon as you get your letter, a slight delay.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did the rfe tell you specifically what in the decree or which had an issue? Mine did. It was that it did not clearly say the marriage was terminated... It was a divorce decree duh!!! Anyway, i fixed my issue and got approved the same day they received my reply. Just follow what they ask for you'll be fine. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did the rfe tell you specifically what in the decree or which had an issue? Mine did. It was that it did not clearly say the marriage was terminated... It was a divorce decree duh!!! Anyway, i fixed my issue and got approved the same day they received my reply. Just follow what they ask for you'll be fine. Good luck!

We had RFE as well, but either way, we both submitted (again) our divorce decree to make sure that we will get approval and avoid delays. whistling.gif

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well, here's the interesting news:

submission into USCIS requires a photocopy from each of you,

of a certified divorce decree.

So, if yer lass has a notarial translation document, the white book, she's golden.

She can scan all pages, email to you , you can print out and submit [if it's her problem]

A note on white books: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/228853-notarial-birth-certificate/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes - she sent in the white booklet (both times..hehehe). That's what makes me think it was my U.S. divorce decree from Las Vegas that was the problem.

Thank you all for your responses! I can't describe fully how much hope I receive just from knowing I'm not alone. A million xie xies to all of you!

Steve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

On the subject of RFEs and divorce decrees....

We were issued an RFE regarding our divorce decrees. I am not positive whether it was mine or my fiance's or both, but I requested another copy that looked like the same thing I originally sent in. The only difference might have been a small rubber stamp at the bottom of the first page with a box checked. In her case (China), she gave what is always given. The civil administrators in China assured her that what she was given is what all couples are given and that they were well aware of what was required for a K-1 visa to the U.S. So, in the end, she turned in the same documents. And now we wait....

I post this more as a cry into the void than anything else. I have tried my best to read up on all things related to K-1/K-3 visas, but it is still hard to sleep through the worry and waiting and uncertainty. We are using a lawyer and I hope that was a wise investment. I felt confident that using a lawyer would save us such things as the current RFE that we are awaiting second judgement on. Now I wonder...

I just wanted to say this, purge it if you will, since this seems like one of the few places where I know I am among understanding folk. I am grateful for this website and the answers and encouragement it provides. Hopefully this will be the "minor bump in the road" our lawyer assured us it would be.

Thanks for reading and thanks for being here for us. There are times when going through this process feels very lonely. Best to all of you.

Steve

Same here RFE divorce decree. I resubmitted the decree and even made a small coversheet. we had our NOA2 exactly 2 weeks later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.