KimberlyAhmed

Address on Forms and for interview

4 posts in this topic

Ok so my fiancé on the forms has listed my current home address as the address we will reside in when he moves here. This was what I had told him to put because we were not sure exactly what our address would be.

I have been looking for apartments and planned on moving into either right before he moves here or right after if it wasn’t available yet. The place we really wanted has a waiting list, but I have looked at other ones just in case this one did not become available. Well yesterday I called the one we want and I was told we are at the top of the waiting list and should have an apartment by April/May, but they could not tell me which one. Since we don’t know the exact address yet, should my fiancé say in his interview that we will live in this other city or just go with my current address, as he might get here before the apartment is truly available

I know if I do move in before his interview I should file a change of address and he can then state that address.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok so my fiancé on the forms has listed my current home address as the address we will reside in when he moves here. This was what I had told him to put because we were not sure exactly what our address would be.

I have been looking for apartments and planned on moving into either right before he moves here or right after if it wasn’t available yet. The place we really wanted has a waiting list, but I have looked at other ones just in case this one did not become available. Well yesterday I called the one we want and I was told we are at the top of the waiting list and should have an apartment by April/May, but they could not tell me which one. Since we don’t know the exact address yet, should my fiancé say in his interview that we will live in this other city or just go with my current address, as he might get here before the apartment is truly available

I know if I do move in before his interview I should file a change of address and he can then state that address.

With what i have read, going with your current address is the best as you can always file for a change of address later when he is there with you already since the supposed apartment wouldn't be ready before then. Perhaps some other knowledgeable folks who have been through this process can come around to enlighten you or you can do a search about it right here on VJ yourself.

I have been looking for apartments and planned on moving into either right before he moves here or right after if it wasn't available yet. The place we really wanted has a waiting list, but I have looked at other ones just in case this one did not become available. Well yesterday I called the one we want and I was told we are at the top of the waiting list and should have an apartment by April/May, but they could not tell me which one. Since we don't know the exact address yet, should my fiancé say in his interview that we will live in this other city or just go with my current address, as he might get here before the apartment is truly available

Use the current address. No need to file a change of address until after he arrives in the US. Should you move he should use that as the address on any forms. Always use current information when dealing with the government as your address may change due to some unforeseen situation and then the new address would not be correct either. Just remember that you are typically stateing that the information is true and correct at the time you sign any form, so you the current information even if you know in the future that information changes. They understand that life happens.

Good luckm,

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.